Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[RIFT] Gear Ranking Site - rift-hero.com

I've begun creation of a website that lists gear for each class and ranks it, you will find it here: Rift Hero.

So far only the mages and warriors have active lists because no one (to my knowledge) has worked out weightings for the other classes. At this point I have to give a massive nod to MealRain and Archyface as they did all the heavy lifting with the math (and providing xls document versions), I am merely creating a web alternative.

Right now the lists for warriors, rogues and clerics are empty, I am looking for someone (with a good post history here) who would be interested in the monotonous task of entering all the gear they can find. The weightings are in for warriors so their lists will sort themselves, I just need a data entry monkey willing to sacrifice a few hours for the good of the community.

More importantly, has anyone done weightings for the clerics and rogues yet? Once I have those I will open up their ranking pages and fill the database with their gear.

I hope the site is useful, and would appreciate any feedback you have or bugs you may find.

You absolutely, ROCK - thank you for this!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

This pleases me greatly. When I get some time later tonight, I'll see if I can dig up weighted stats for clerics if someone else has run the numbers before (I'm horrid at math), I feel like I've seen them for cleric tank gear at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This pleases me greatly. When I get some time later tonight, I'll see if I can dig up weighted stats for clerics if someone else has run the numbers before (I'm horrid at math), I feel like I've seen them for cleric tank gear at the very least.
    The tank ones are up, dps ones arent, for clerics. Old pre-SL weights are no good. Gotta wait for some math genius to work it all out

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tarien gon' get rich!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Tarien gon' get rich!
    Nope, I refuse to have ads, hate em. And I doubt I'll sell it either since it won't be worth that much. I'll just get all four classes up and running, and keep polishing it. My little contribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    The site doesn't seem smartphone compatible for me anyways. The only thing that loads is the gear list banner. Android OS btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    The site doesn't seem smartphone compatible for me anyways. The only thing that loads is the gear list banner. Android OS btw.
    Not really aiming to make it mobile friendly, since I know little about mobile browsing. Seems to work just fine on my Android 4.1 with the default browser. It is very JavaScript heavy, have you disabled that perhaps? Though even without JS you should see basic unsorted tables.

Either way it's not something I intend to fix any time soon, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Not really aiming to make it mobile friendly, since I know little about mobile browsing. Seems to work just fine on my Android 4.1 with the default browser. It is very JavaScript heavy, have you disabled that perhaps? Though even without JS you should see basic unsorted tables.

Either way it's not something I intend to fix any time soon, sorry
    I'll check my setttings but I do know I'm on a older version OS for sure. I wouldn't focus much on mobile support for a site like that since I wouldn't be playing the game on mobile. I wasn't aiming for mobile support directly but the full version didn't load for me where 99% of other non-mobile sites do including MMO-C for example just wanted to toss that out there.

cough cough gear score cough cough

Do you really want to open up this door and see where it leads? Call it BIS list for each class. Anything but ranking....

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I'll check my setttings but I do know I'm on a older version OS for sure. I wouldn't focus much on mobile support for a site like that since I wouldn't be playing the game on mobile. I wasn't aiming for mobile support directly but the full version didn't load for me where 99% of other non-mobile sites do including MMO-C for example just wanted to toss that out there.
    Hmm, mine was a bit slow to load, there is a lot going on in the background. Maybe try reloading, giving it a minute or so to finish what it's doing, especially on older devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    cough cough gear score cough cough

Do you really want to open up this door and see where it leads? Call it BIS list for each class. Anything but ranking....
    It ranks gear, hence gear ranking. Since item level is not such an obvious contributor in RIFT it would be nigh impossible to set this up ingame. My mage item database alone is heading on for 400 items, I seriously doubt that someone wants to create an app that catalogues 2000 or more items in order to inspect players and value their gear. It would be a horrendous task.

I'd also go so far as to say that player skill is a much larger determining factor in RIFT than in WoW, so a good 'gear score' would mean much less in this game.

If you want, I can try to take on the task of entering the gear for rogues.

What are you looking for, just entering the stats for the gear from the different currency vendors and gear drops from Experts? PM me if you want.

Awesome work. Will be definitely be checking this out when I get home from work later today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm maybe I can actually take up Rift raiding now, on the weekend as I will know what to farm for.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Added a couple items to the Rouge list, just to see how it works. I ran out of time yesterday, if I do not get all the vendor gear up by this weekend, I will get it on Saturday then start on looking at drops.

Nice work, now if only some one could make a solid DB site and keep it updated.

I love the site! It makes it so much easier to tell where you are/what you need to get. I hate searching through databases to find different items, then compare one-by-one with mine, figure out where they come from, etc. This really speeds up the entire process!

I have a spread-sheet with all the armor, capes and neck that are currently in the discovery.xml file from Trion's FTP site. I should be getting the weapons, rings, and other miscellaneous items out of the file in the next few days (actually writting the code to automate this). If you are interested in either the code (ansi C++, developed on Linux, but should compile on a WIndows system) or the spreadsheets let me know and I can get it to you.

BTW, while I'm at it, can anyone explain the format of the ItemKey tag? My hunch is that it encodes the item type and it would be easier to parse through the xml file based on this then looking the presence of certain tags.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    I love the site! It makes it so much easier to tell where you are/what you need to get. I hate searching through databases to find different items, then compare one-by-one with mine, figure out where they come from, etc. This really speeds up the entire process!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    I have a spread-sheet with all the armor, capes and neck that are currently in the discovery.xml file from Trion's FTP site. I should be getting the weapons, rings, and other miscellaneous items out of the file in the next few days (actually writting the code to automate this). If you are interested in either the code (ansi C++, developed on Linux, but should compile on a WIndows system) or the spreadsheets let me know and I can get it to you.

BTW, while I'm at it, can anyone explain the format of the ItemKey tag? My hunch is that it encodes the item type and it would be easier to parse through the xml file based on this then looking the presence of certain tags.
    Honestly I have yet to sit down and figure out how to get all the gear into my MySQL database from whatever other format. I have a friend who has the entire items DB downloaded from Trion's FTP site and is doing more or less what you are doing, but a lot of items would be of no interest (green or white quality) and I would need them to be appropriate for each class.

The best thing people could do right now is check the lists and if their own gear that their character is wearing is not listed, add it - especially if you are a warrior or rogue! I've added an 'Add item' link near the top of the lists, the form is pretty simple and will let you know if the item is already in the DB.

Deleted
    Very nice, thank you !