Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    3-Dishonored, I am probably going to take some massive flak for this, but personally I felt it was a huge let down. Felt just like fallout for me (I hate fallout). The previews and trailers made it seem like an almost assassins creed mixed with a bit more hack and slash and a hint of some Splinter Cell. If I could compare it to anything, it would be a Steam-Punk Fallout. Personally hated it, as soon as I beat it I uninstalled it and felt relieved.
    I thought this is what it was advertised as.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    I know some people will disagree with my opinions about dishonored. I just wished it had more of a hack and slash element too it, but it didn't. It's like AC3 for me, yeah sure staying stealthed is fine, but if I want to go on a killing spree and 1v30 enemies at once and mow them down like the trash they are I can. But I couldn't in dishonored, note I played on highest difficulty so it wasn't really designed to do that.
    For me, Dishonored is more like Deus Ex HR and Bioshock... Actually, the only flaw I found to this game is its difficulty : I beat the game in 12 hours in the hardest difficulty, exploring all the game, and did it again in 6 hours without being detected and without killing anybody (DXHR was was a lot more challenging)... But definetely the best game this year for me :O

Planetside 2 is great, is free but I found it pointless in the end : it never stops, you always fight for the same type of places. Still I enjoyed it and will came back in the right time...

Diablo III was great, I just think games like Diablo II cannot exist anymore : half the players whine about it being nothing like Diablo II (specs, difficulty, itemization, etc.) and the other half about it being too much about Diablo II (Grind, difficulty, randomness, etc.).

Guild Wars 2 : I thought I would play much longer, but if you don't have some real friends to play with there is really only some grind and Pvp (once you have level up and explored the world, ofc)

Mop is fine, just don't do dailies everday (or at all...)... I grind my blue stuff to raid and now I just play my adds and do Lfr besides raids, and it's just fine.
    Last edited by mmoc737d92839c; 2012-12-12 at 04:14 PM.

I would say, in no particular order, my most disappointing games this year would be:

Mass Effect 3 - It's like going to Ruth Chris and then they take a dump on your desert.
    Diablo 3 - There just isn't a single thing I liked about this game. After hundreds of hours in D2, D3 was beyond a let down, it was a knife to the kidney and icepick to the ball sack at the same time.
    SWToR (I didn't play until Jan, so it was this year for me) - What a waste of an IP. The story was OK, but I was bored before L10.

Deleted
    Worst games that I played for more than 5 minutes in 2012:

1. Cataclsym
    2. Rage
    3. Test Drive Unlimited 2
    4. Diablo III
    5. AoC Unchained

The best games that I played in 2012 are:

1. Guild Wars 2
    2. Mists of Pandaria
    3. Rift
    4. Terra
    5. Counter Strike Global Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Yeah if we're going to consider games from before 2012 as well, as apparently the thread creator himself did, it's easy to make a top 5 worst list.

1) Cataclysm. Hands down, worst expansion pack in WoW's history. And 4.3 was a fucking awful conclusion to an already-shitty expansion.

2) Assassin's Creed: Revelations. What a fucking shit cash-in of a game.

3) Mass Effect. What a piece of shit compared to its sequels. Glitches everywhere, some gamebreaking. Terrible fucking guns and combat. Just an overall shit game. But it set the groundwork for what were very amazing games.

4) Super Man 64. Yeah I actually played this shit catastrophe. One of the few games I rented as a kid and begged for my parents to take me back to the video rental store not to get another game, but to get that abomifuckingnation away from me. This game is bad enough to scar you for a life time.

5) Paper Mario: Sticker Star. A game that actually did come out in 2012, and what a shitstain it is. Combat's boring and too easy, and enemy encounters feel like more of a nuisance than ever since you don't actually level up. And the main antagonist doesn't even get a single line of dialogue. So much for Mario's prized RPG series.
    I don't think you're serious here, are you? Cataclysm is the worst gaming experience you have ever had? Assiassin's Creed: Revelations is the second worst?
    Talk about being spoiled I agree that they are not the best games in the series of great games, but come on, you're saying they are worse than Superman 64, and that's just insane.

well, anyways, the worst games I have played this year are some iphone-games. I can't even remember the names, but they were recommended on appstore, but still didn't entertain me in the least. I don't expect much from a $1 game, but I was hoping for a couple of hours at least.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I haven't bought enough games this year to make a good top 5 worst, as some of them would be on top 5 best. :P
    I once did say dark souls PC but then I got a controller and decided to install the DS fix and touché, solid as ever.

For me,

1) Guild Wars 2
    2) Mass Effect 3
    3) War z- hackers ruin that for me .
    4) Hitman Absolution
    5) Train sim 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    I'll admit, first, that I didn't buy much games this past year. However, I think that it's still fair that NUMBER ONE IS

DIABLO 3. blah blah blah
    Care to inform me, using logic, why you find Diablo 3 such a bad game compared to Diablo and Diablo II? I mean, there are minor annoyances to it, for sure, such as always online, even if playing single player, an unstable launch with connection issues (which was bad, considering you can play the entire game single-player as well), etc... but most of the gameplay complaints I see are easily identical to Diablo II (I found the original Diablo to be boring and clunky as hell, but played the hell out of Diablo II).

Normal difficulty too easy - Check
    - My sister beat Diablo II as a lightning Sorceress with very few deaths. Do you know what kind of games she plays? NeoPets.

"Boring repetitive gameplay" - Check
    - If you don't consider spamming constantly clicking Teleport to jump all around the map while spamming your main ability that you spent 20 million points into an ugly skill tree, powering up multiple abilities just for the synergistic bonuses they provide for a single, different ability boring and repetitive, I really don't know what to say.

"Boring quests and bad story" - Check
    - Quests are virtually identical. Clear this dungeon. Kill this mini boss. Collect these items. Kill this boss. I don't know what you consider a good story, but Diablo's story has always been simple and has never been the most creative out there. Really can't see the gripe.

As far as other things, I can understand the RMAH not sitting well with some people, but you know, with minimal effort, you can sell your own shit to acquire help acquire the funds for those so-called "Mandatory AH items." And I can understand legendaries not being the best items available to not sit well with some people either, but that's a minor issue. If you're a min-maxxer, does it really matter what color your gear is? When you get an item better than those legendaries, replace them. Minor gripe at the most.

Now I will openly admit that Diablo III did not hold my interest nearly as long as Diablo II did. But that's not the game's fault, it's the genres. I personally found Torchlight boring and uninspiring as hell as well after a while, and I can't force myself to sit down to play Diablo II for very long anymore either.

I just grew out of the point-and-click, hack-and-slash action RPG play style.

As far as the genre goes, though, I'd rate Diablo III as a considerably better game than Torchlight, though I haven't played Torchlight II yet. In no particular rush.

I personally feel that a big issue, and why there's so much negativity towards it, is that World of Warcraft reached such a monsterously huge audience that too many people bought into the hype and bought a game outside of their niche, but then a lot of people will try to make the claim that Diablo II was much better for the same reason, whatever crazy reason it might be, that people pretend that they played vanilla World of Warcraft and claim that it was much harder (which they never did, and it never was).

Just my opinion on the whole matter.

It might not be a game that you enjoyed, but it was far from a BAD game.

But I guess that's something you can't convince many people of. I won't tell you that you listen to terrible music just because it's not the same type of music that I like to listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I haven't really played much games that I consider bad, but I got dissapointed with a few:

1. Diablo 3 (BAD GAME) - I got bored too fast, even before finishing normal mode. The gameplay is extremely repetetive that gets boring quick, the story is bad, the villains are lame etc. The ONLY character I actually liked in this game was Diablo himself, who only appears a few times in the last chapter.

2. Alan Wake: American Nightmare (DISSAPOINTED GAME) - I quite enjoyed this game, but I really disliked replaying the same 3 missions over and over again, despite getting them shorter. Mr. Scratch was an amazing villain, but I never actually get to fight him in person. All he does is taunting me, and making me insane.

3. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (DISSAPOINTED GAME) - While it is still a shitload better than Cataclysm, it didn't yet meet my expectations. Dailies became a major thing to do in this game, which dissapoints me. Even in 5.1, if you want to experience the new storyline, you HAVE to do dailys. And the dailys themselves are boring as f*ck, the same old ''kill 10 X collect 15 Y'', which we had since vanilla. The pandaren story is quite uninteresting to me, and I never liked the ''childish'' feel.

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (DISSAPOINTED GAME) - Haven't bought it, but played quite some hours at a friend. Still do. From what I've seen, the campaign didn't interest me, and the multiplayer was kinda meh.

5. Can't really think of a 5th game that dissapointed me, maybe I will remember one later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    5. Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances (in beta but I played it and now I know it'll flop)
    The game is actually doing quite good, and there are quite some changes that has been made since then. Playing only the beta version of a game is not really fair to call it a dissapointment already. Then again, my view of Black Ops 2 may not be that fair aswell, since I only played like 3-4 hours of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    It got me thinking... maybe they done that because they knew Diablo III wasn't going to be as good as everyone was expecting it to be...
    I think hype played a big part in it. Diablo I and II were never revolutionary games in their time. They had simple, addicting gameplay and were accessible to players of any skill with its multiple difficulty system. The gaming community as a whole has changed a LOT since Diablo II, and even before the game was released, Blizzard admitted that they felt that fans were far overhyping it. In the same way, Diablo III was never meant to be the most revolutionary and amazing game. But even gaming as a whole has changed a lot since then. People expect and want more out of their games, and it comes around and bites them in the ass when they have unrealistically high expectations and are rarely pleased with overhyped games when they come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Hmm... A tough one...

1st would probably be D3. Though i wouldnt say it was bad, just disappointing. I however did manage to play through it once but couldnt bring myself to bear on it for Nightmare and further... It's just so boring.

2nd. Probably Swtor. But it's the same with D3. The game itself is ok, but considering all the hype it recieved it really falls short on living up to that hype. Space Combat feels sluggish and the "Let's throw everything we have at you to survive" mentality is just retarted.

3rd The final hour (or so) of ME3. A fantastic game absolutely trashed by the ending. Such a sad thing to witness one of the best RPG shooters crash and burn like that.

Cant think of a 4th and 5th.

Virtua, can you go even 1 post without swearing every fifth word? It makes you sound like a completely moronic imbecile, with a limited vocabulary.

OT: I don't get the MoP hate, I love MoP. I think my list would be
    #1: Guild Wars 2. This game was TERRIBLE, nowhere NEAR as good as the first one.
    #2: Black Ops 2
    #3: Halo 4
    #4: Diablo 3 - Not THAT bad of a game standalone, I suppose, but considering it was supposed to be a Diablo game, rather lackluster.
    #5: Tera

OP just comes off as a wow fanboy looking for an outlet to rag on other mmo's. Worse then a bunch of 12 year old girls screaming over justin beiber.

SWTOR wasn't even a 2012 game
    GW:2 is an amazing game and has been in competition for game of the year on multiple sites so far

No diablo 3 on the list? Lol. I'm pretty sure ANY mmorpg, no matter what, would be on the OP's list every year. Why am I even responding to such a rubbish thread?

If you can't contribute constructively, don't participate in the thread.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-12 at 05:19 PM.

Street Fighter X Tekken
    007 Legends
    Black Ops II
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Street Fighter X Tekken

Diablo 3
    Mass Effect 3

Otherwise, I don't buy games that don't interest me, so I can't list any more. These are the only two that come to mind.

Lol Virtua's butthurt.

Please refrain from personal attacks and insults. If you have a problem with another person's posts, report and move on.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-12 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    OP just comes off as a wow fanboy looking for an outlet to rag on other mmo's. Worse then a bunch of 12 year old girls screaming over justin beiber.

SWTOR wasn't even a 2012 game
    GW:2 is an amazing game and has been in competition for game of the year on multiple sites so far

No diablo 3 on the list? Lol. I'm pretty sure ANY mmorpg, no matter what, would be on the OP's list every year. Why am I even responding to such a rubbish thread?
    OP said he knows SWTOR was released 11 days before 2012. It's not a big deal. OP also said to base your opinions on your own experiences with the game, rather than reviews and/or sales. Diablo 3 is not MMO (It was also very fun with friends, which made it worth the price for me). Why is the thread rubbish? He is asking what are your top 5 worst games. Simple concept that you failed to do. Drop that pathetic attitude of yours, you are not impressing anyone.

As for my top 5 worst games of 2012, I'm not sure. I haven't played many 2012 games. There is MoP, Planetside 2, Orcs Must Die 2, Diablo 3, both Deponia games... Think that's it. Now which ones are the worst of those, I have no idea. Maybe Diablo 3 is the worst, even though I had tons of fun with friends.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-12 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Nah, but you're mad, and it's funny. Especially funny that my swearing upsets you when you called someone a faggot in another thread, and made some pretty racist statements in an entirely different thread.
    Yeah I'm so mad, you caught me, darn, I was hoping I could hide it better.

Oh brother, you two are acting like children.

AC3: Really dissapointed with this game esp for the way they ended desmonds story arc
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!