Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

15% body fat but still man boobs and fat on my waiste

Hello, i'm 16 year old and i'm trying to loose these things and replace them with muscles (Well, getting thinner is actually my goal and muscles are a second though)

This is my program: i workout 4 days a week spending a hour on training posture muscles and i round it off with 30 minutes cardio every workday except wednesday.

I also currently have a questionable lifestyle that may or may not be killing my metabolism, i usually wake up at 14:00 (I currently do not have school, bound to change though.) first i have breakfirst and after that i play some games or watch stuff on youtube till 16:00 to go to the gym and i go home 17:30 for dinner at 18:00 and just play games till i go bed.

I don't eat crap like chips and fast food and i only drink water and when i'm hungry i'm just going for a slice of grained bread or just when i feel like it.

So yeah, i'd like to know if i'm doing good or i'm just doing it completely wrong.

EDIT: Oh, and i like to eat some spicy noodles without fat on the evening some times.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Hello, i'm 16 year old and i'm trying to loose these things and replace them with muscles (Well, getting thinner is actually my goal and muscles are a second though)

This is my program: i workout 4 days a week spending a hour on training posture muscles and i round it off with 30 minutes cardio every workday except wednesday.

I also currently have a questionable lifestyle that may or may not be killing my metabolism, i usually wake up at 14:00 (I currently do not have school, bound to change though.) first i have breakfirst and after that i play some games or watch stuff on youtube till 16:00 to go to the gym and i go home 17:30 for dinner at 18:00 and just play games till i go bed.

I don't eat crap like chips and fast food and i only drink water and when i'm hungry i'm just going for a slice of grained bread or just when i feel like it.

So yeah, i'd like to know if i'm doing good or i'm just doing it completely wrong.

EDIT: Oh, and i like to eat some spicy noodles without fat on the evening some times.
    why you no go schoo?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Focus more on improving the food you eat and not on the training.
    For extreme weight loss, you can try a low carb diet, but I'm not sure if it would be healthy for a 16 year old.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ab-exercise-4

Get rid of the love handles with that.

The Side Bridge, I try and do that and I am noticing results pretty quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    why you no go schoo?
    Long story and that's not the subject of this thread, it's temporarily and i start school when i hit 17 (21 december)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Noodles are not good for you. Fatless or not, they have way too much calories a package.

It's not gonna help with 4 days a week for the dream body. Run 6 times a week. I run myself everyday about 12KM.

What is your weight, height and age? I might check some formulas to the calorie intake your body should be having. If you're exceeding it that might be the reason why you're not losing weight. By simply looking at your schedule I can tell you're not doing enough.

16:00 you start going to the gym, give it 5-10 min back and forth meaning 10-20 ish minutes. You're basically training just around 1 hour.

Bread is not good for weight loss, loads of calories. Exchange stuff in your meals, grab a tomato when you feel you're getting hungry.

Don't eat big meals at night and pay attention to diets geared for diabetics. Those diets are the most realistic since getting it wrong for them can kill them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Focus more on improving the food you eat and not on the training.
    For extreme weight loss, you can try a low carb diet, but I'm not sure if it would be healthy for a 16 year old.
    I did a extreme weight loss at age 15-16. I weighted about 93-95 KG. Went down to 63 KG in 3-4 months. It was tough.. I had a calorie intake of 400-600. Which is extremely low, would not recommend, but it's doable. You're pretty much fucking your body that way, so talk with your doctor.

Getting up at goddamn 2pm isn't helping any...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Noodles are not good for you. Fatless or not, they have way too much calories a package.

It's not gonna help with 4 days a week for the dream body. Run 6 times a week. I run myself everyday about 12KM.

What is your weight, height and age? I might check some formulas to the calorie intake your body should be having. If you're exceeding it that might be the reason why you're not losing weight. By simply looking at your schedule I can tell you're not doing enough.

16:00 you start going to the gym, give it 5-10 min back and forth meaning 10-20 ish minutes. You're basically training just around 1 hour.

Bread is not good for weight loss, loads of calories. Exchange stuff in your meals, grab a tomato when you feel you're getting hungry.
    Poppycock! It's fine in moderation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokii View Post
    Don't eat big meals at night and pay attention to diets geared for diabetics. Those diets are the most realistic since getting it wrong for them can kill them.
    The reasoning to have smaller meals than bigger meals is simple. It's not that your body simply wont be able to burn it down. But with bigger meals you're forcing your body everything at once. What does this mean? It means your body burned all you had to offer him, and now is in a stance where it's not burning anything. It's important with a weight loss to keep your body burning all the time. Throw in a half a apple after a lesser meal or a whole tomato to just keep it burning. That way your body is working.

Also: Eating half a apple or a whole apple before sleeping is good. Gives you sugar = body works even when sleeping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Jelly? anyway i know i should be ashamed of myself but that's going to change soon.

i'm 16 and i weight 74kg with clothes on and i'm 1,90 in height.

I know that sounds good but i still want to get rid of these moobs and excess fat on my belly.

Deleted
    The reasoning to have smaller meals than bigger meals is simple. It's not that your body simply wont be able to burn it down. But with bigger meals you're forcing your body everything at once. What does this mean? It means your body burned all you had to offer him, and now is in a stance where it's not burning anything. It's important with a weight loss to keep your body burning all the time. Throw in a half a apple after a lesser meal or a whole tomato to just keep it burning. That way your body is working.

Also: Eating half a apple or a whole apple before sleeping is good. Gives you sugar = body works even when sleeping.
    You know, I think it has been proven wrong, that if you eat more meals which are smaller it works.

Calories are calories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Hello, i'm 16/17 year old and i'm trying to loose these things and replace them with muscles (Well, getting thinner is actually my goal and muscles are a second though)

When I was 16 I was 5'9" 155lbs I ran 5-6 miles a day, went to the gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday for martial arts, and did dance on Saturday with Sunday for Church.

I maintained an A-B average in school as well. Fortunately for me there was no internet, no video game consuls, I did have a 386 which was state of the art at the time but I used it for homework which I did while watching TV shows like Star Trek TNG, Airwolf... Life was very different back then. If you want to be healthy and loose weight avoid playing video games and go out side.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You know, I think it has been proven wrong, that if you eat more meals which are smaller it works.

Calories are calories.
    Yes I know that, but look at the body like a machine. How would you treat it?

Point being - The body works better, that you lose more weight? No. But your body works better in this kind of structure. Look at stuff such as, how much more "full" do you feel? If I eat a big meal, I feel myself "full" for quite some time. But it wont be able to compensate eating lesser meals. That's the logic behind it.

Your body burns calories depending on your weight, height and KGs. So of course would I know that it wouldn't matter as your body burns x calories each hour. Doesn't matter if you equip yourself the biggest meal.

70% is about what you eat and 30% about excersize. So yeah you should focus on what you eat.

How long have you been doing this? 4 days a week to the gym? I went from (assuming the measurements are correct) roughly 20% body fat to under 10% (9.5 now or something) in about half a year and I have been around 9-10% for about 8 months now while I often eat junkfood in the weekends. I eat (average) 4 pieces of bread with chicken or tuna, 500g low cottage cheese with muesli, about 500g of vegetables and 400g of meat and most of the time a healthy breakfast a day. And sometimes something uhealthy when I feel like it and in the weekends I often eat unhealthy. And I mostly drink water.

Also 15% isn't that low for a man/boy. With my 9.5% I still barely see definition of my muscles while I apparently have 45% muscles. They use this scale at my gym. Don't know how accurate it is. When I look at myself in the mirror I would guess I'm around 12-13% bodyfat instead of 9.5% :P.

I did a extreme weight loss at age 15-16. I weighted about 93-95 KG. Went down to 63 KG in 3-4 months. It was tough.. I had a calorie intake of 400-600. Which is extremely low, would not recommend, but it's doable. You're pretty much fucking your body that way, so talk with your doctor.
    This is very very dangerous advice, speaking as someone who's been in that situation it will lead to some pretty nasty & very ugly consequences so any diet of this variety would need to be undertaken with the permission & supervision of qualified medical professionals!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    You're assuming he goes to sleep at a regular time, aren't you?

I'd say your issues are pretty much entirely your lifestyle. Do not attempt to diet. Your problem is that you need a regular daily schedule that involves getting up at a reasonable hour, doing things all day that involve some modicum of movement, and eating real meals at regular intervals. Eating too little will kill your metabolism. Your body is also still attempting to grow, which it cannot effectively do with too little food and not enough exercise. Eating only two meals and staying up late past your last one is also horribly unhealthy. On a side note, the more muscle you have the faster you burn fat.

Get up at 8am, shower and prep for the day, grab a decent breakfast with plenty of protein (eggs, bacon, oatmeal and fruit, maybe a piece of high fiber whole-wheat bread), then go for a long walk. Come home, play games for 30 minutes or an hour, go back out and do some yard work (weeding, mowing, trimming, planting, what-have-you). Come back for a decent lunch, read a book for a while. Go back out and walk a bit. To the coffee shop to grab a cup, down to the park, even around the mall. Come back, play for a bit, have dinner, watch some TV, read for a bit, then hit the sack by 10pm. I suspect you'll feel a thousand times better. When you get back to school, that obviously takes the place of the middle of the day stuff, so you'd probably want to go outside more in the evenings at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Not Jelly, you sleeping habits are completely messed up, even if it wasn't the reason for this problem you described, it's still not healthy in any way.
    Not to mention eventually you'll have to be part of the real, adult world where getting up at 2 in the afternoon isn't feasible.

Also - there's a lot of research out there that ties metabolic activity and overall physical health to solid, normal sleeping habits of roughly 8 to 10 hours per night depending on needs. "Normal" sleep patterns will typically involve going to sleep while its dark and waking up not long after it's light. Give it a try sometime, you might be surprised by the results.

Keep in mind that your body *needs* things like fat, carbs, and protein. Most nutrition models suggest at three-way split / ration of carbs and fat to protein to maintain balance. Yours may differ from an adult since you're so young, but you need to figure out what ratios of fat / carbs / protein you need to fuel your body.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2012-12-12 at 09:13 PM.