Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the friends I've ever had were Americans except for a couple.

One was British and he acted basically like the average American + tea, Football(soccer) and rugby.

Then I was friends with a Chinese gold farmer for a while(couple months) when lineage 2 had just been out for awhile. He was botting for gold most of the time and would piss my brother off and my brother would kill him, eventually the three of us started talking even tho he didn't know much English and we became friends while he was farming gold to make money while he was in college cause gold farming was like 5 times more money than working in a factory and easier. After my pet or something died or broke accidentally(which took like several months to get) I got pissed and quit the game so I never saw him again. And again he acted like the average american except for the fact we couldn't really understand each others jokes most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    still dubstep, so is rock and roll, and like so many genre's that the phrase becomes irrelivent. And those would all be shoved under white music, polka, classical, music, with galic music, and everything else invented by white people.

Those places you listed a are countries where black is an entire racial group.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 08:21 PM ----------

its racist because you add a racial identifier for no reason that makes no sense. you should have just said "my parents played alot of soul and disco records at home, it inspired me.
    What's wrong with adding a racial identifier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    What's wrong with adding a racial identifier?
    Its completely unnecessary and racist.

you don't call anime yellow cartoons do you?
    or hambergers white food?
    Chiken Tikka Masala towel head food?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

its racist because you add a racial identifier for no reason that makes no sense. you should have just said "my parents played alot of soul and disco records at home, it inspired me.
    It's not racist to most people, and really thats all there is to it. You choose to put a negative spin to the expression, the great majority don't, hence to them it's not a racist expression.

Choose your battles young padawan, there are real racists out there you know.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its completely unnecessary and racist.

you don't call anime yellow cartoons do you?
    or hambergers white food?
    Chiken Tikka Masala towel head food?
    Why is it racist? You're automatically assuming that because something is stated as being "black" that it has some sort of negative connotation. Maybe they're just adding adjectives to add a level of detail to their statement.

Also, in this context it lends a degree of acknowledgement to the cultural contributions that have been made.
    Last edited by xylophone; 2012-12-12 at 08:35 PM.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Never thought of it, but most of my friends are mid-20's to 30's white people, with a few "token" people in there...like one friend is asian, another is a jew etc. But yeah...never really thought about it like I'm collecting baseball cards or something.

Speaking of which, trading my Jew friend for a Black friend, pst.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-12-12 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Never thought of it, but most of my friends are mid-20's to 30's white people, with a few "token" people in there...like one friend is asian, another is a jew etc. But yeah...never really thought about it.
    I think part of that is due to the population demographics as well. As an American, if I had 100 friends probability would ensure that a majority would be white. I think it strange that people need to actively seek out a "multicultural" clique to make sure people don't think that they're racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I was wondering i could put a question to you to answer? What is the racial split + relations in your state, as in how mixed is it and has it enriched your life more? Im just curious, because multiculturalism gets bashed in the UK alot...

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:34 PM ----------

Yeah, i hear you out. Just sucks that cambridge is the land of rowing and crumpets attracts more dicks than nice people. Still a great place to live if you like pigeons...
    Hey, I'm an Arab...and I am very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Why is it racist? You're automatically assuming that because something is stated as being "black" that it has some sort of negative connotation. Maybe they're just adding adjectives to add a level of detail to their statement.

Also, in this context it lends a degree of acknowledgement to the cultural contributions that have been made.
    I guess its like in the 60s in the US when there were different schools for black kids, and different restaurants, and things, you know its what the whole civil rights movement was about not separating things by race, but whatever.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I guess its like in the 60s in the US when there were different schools for black kids, and different restaurants, and things, you know its what the whole civil rights movement was about not separating things by race, but whatever.
    You don't think comparing a term to an entire society structure is taking it too far?

oh this is one of those serious threads...

/abandon

With the difference that it's a completely acceptable expression, used by black people among others.

This is literaly like me getting upset over someone saying that IKEA is swedish, when it's all over the god damn place.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    With the difference that it's a completely acceptable expression, used by black people among others.

This is literaly like me getting upset over someone saying that IKEA is swedish, when it's all over the god damn place.
    IKEA sells white furniture.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    IKEA sells white furniture.
    ...still not offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    I'm pretty much this as well.

I've had a few friends who weren't white American nerds like me, but not many. Nowadays I have a wide circle of friends that includes two whole people, three if you count my wife, and several acquaintances (or friends of friends) who are basically more of the same. White nerds.
    I'm pretty much the only nerd among my friends. I'm the only one who plays computer games, really. I'm not sure why, but I've always felt more comfortable around the non-gamer smart "cool" crowd. Never much liked the stupid "cool" crowd though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:01 PM ----------

The difference is that we don't say that black people can't listen to or make non-black music.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

The difference is that we don't say that black people can't listen to or make non-black music.
    Then why denote it as black music?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a celebration of the culture that created it and giving credit where credit is due. It's just like when we say "British Punk" or "Europop."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Because it's preferable to other, more colorful, terms.

It's a celebration of the culture that created it and giving credit where credit is due. It's just like when we say "British Punk" or "Europop."
    no its like saying white music to incorporate both europop and british punk and any other music started by white people no matter the genre.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Because it's preferable to other, more colorful, terms.
    its preferable to jazz, dubstep, rock and roll which actually kinda mean something, and do not have racial terms involved?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Or Italodisco.

Italodisco is probably one of the main reasons why Italians are fucking awesome.
    no its like saying white music to incorporate both europop and british punk and any other music started by white people no matter the genre.
    You're free to call it that way. I'm still not offended if Justin Bieber is white music, I simply don't see it as anything to get pissy about.