Deleted

cosmetic bug, and just sim results confusion...

Was in affliction last night, hit soulburn, and usually id just have souls flying around me, for the 28seconds, or so that i get it, but tonight, i hit soulburn, and graphically i didnt see anything untill the last second then it would just pop up and spin round... bug or is that intended now?

Sim results..

changed gear, had around 4850 haste, with like 6450 mastery, and it had 99789 as dps, i was like.. hmmm okay not bad, i changed gear around and got down to 4728 haste, which i thought was fine.. as 4717 haste was a good threshold, but simmed and got 97699, how is that a dps loss? ive just got lucky with elegon trink, and now gonna sim with 6300 mastery and 5250 haste, see how things sim out.. just confused me as i was just over a good cap and it went down..

Quote Originally Posted by kataru View Post
    Was in affliction last night, hit soulburn, and usually id just have souls flying around me, for the 28seconds, or so that i get it, but tonight, i hit soulburn, and graphically i didnt see anything untill the last second then it would just pop up and spin round... bug or is that intended now?

Sim results..

changed gear, had around 4850 haste, with like 6450 mastery, and it had 99789 as dps, i was like.. hmmm okay not bad, i changed gear around and got down to 4728 haste, which i thought was fine.. as 4717 haste was a good threshold, but simmed and got 97699, how is that a dps loss? ive just got lucky with elegon trink, and now gonna sim with 6300 mastery and 5250 haste, see how things sim out.. just confused me as i was just over a good cap and it went down..
    Make sure that in your import tab the proper haste value is there,.....the latest release in not 100% accurate with whatever haste you currently have on your toon, so you will have to manually edit it

More specifically, Blizzard still has not updated their armory or API to display upgrades, so the sim doesn't know if you've upgraded any of your gear. You can specify it manually after importing, though.

That said, there are plenty of cases where haste past 4717 is still better than mastery past 4717, in which case reforging out of haste would produce a slight loss like you observed. It all depends on your exact gear setup - did you happen to swap out Essence of Terror for Light of the Cosmos, for instance?
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs