Poll: Your faction

Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if the shotguns are good? Planning on trialing one today but would it be worth buying store cash in order to unlock one, or is it just best to stick with the stock gauss rifle?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Any idea if the shotguns are good? Planning on trialing one today but would it be worth buying store cash in order to unlock one, or is it just best to stick with the stock gauss rifle?
    Shotguns are simply not good. Do not buy.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    But... but... shotguns, man! ;_;
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Completely disagree, Shotgun's work really well at close range. As they should do. Light Assault is the best choice for using them however, due to the ambush potential.

Edit: ARjghjdfjgjhrdg. Worse bloody luck in a Scythe this morning, I've literally just taken off and engaged my first enemy liberator. He's lagging a bit so I'm trying to keep up as he keeps teleporting forwards a few metres because of his lag, I get him to half health and he slows down to a near stop, so I do as well. Then his lag teleports him into my face, I collide and my Scythe blows up, he doddles off on half health. Fuck.
    Last edited by mmoc65a9be75bb; 2012-12-12 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Installed the game and hooleeeyyyshiiiiaaat it's just awesome when there's lots of action going on!

Tried Vanu and I love their style. Will test NC tonight to see the difference. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Installed the game and hooleeeyyyshiiiiaaat it's just awesome when there's lots of action going on!

Tried Vanu and I love their style. Will test NC tonight to see the difference. :P
    NC is the best faction, obviously.

Generally geared towards tons and tons of damage more than anything else. Reds tend to be focused on more dakka, purples never miss, but blues obliterate whatever they do hit.

NC probably by far the easiest faction to play. Their vehicles are the strongest and their guns are faceroll. VS wins the "impossible to chase" award with the mag and scythe and TR wins the "not good at anything in particular" award.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NC probably by far the easiest faction to play. Their vehicles are the strongest and their guns are faceroll. VS wins the "impossible to chase" award with the mag and scythe and TR wins the "not good at anything in particular" award.
    I'd say VS having 100% perfect accuracy from three miles away with no bullet drop more than makes up for less stopping power. TR is... kind of pointless, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is the day-to-day server population?

Can you find a large-scale firefight every night of the week?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I'd say VS having 100% perfect accuracy from three miles away
    Good one. My carbine sprays all over the bloody shop. TR have the most accurate weapons by far. The Vanu sit inbetween the TR and the NC.

I'd say VS having 100% perfect accuracy from three miles away with no bullet drop more than makes up for less stopping power. TR is... kind of pointless, really.
    TR infantry is great. We have the largest clip sizes which means more bullets. Vehicle wise we are lacking with the Prowler (our MBT). But we have been guaranteed buffs in upcoming patches by SOE so it should even us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    How is the day-to-day server population?

Can you find a large-scale firefight every night of the week?
    Yes you can. I have sometimes entered the game at 3 AM and there is always some large fighting going on.
    I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Good one. My carbine sprays all over the bloody shop. TR have the most accurate weapons by far. The Vanu sit inbetween the TR and the NC.
    Why would you use poopy carbines, though? Use them crazy good sniper rifles Vanu get.

Deleted
    Why would you use poopy carbines, though? Use them crazy good sniper rifles Vanu get.
    Light Assault can't use snipers :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Light Assault can't use snipers :|
    Because you get fuckin jetpacks! Jet. Packs!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is bullet drop for sniper, just takes a very very long way, and in large scale battles it doesn't matter (render says lawl no), so it may as well be non existent.
    We however have accurate ass weapons.

Deleted
    Because you get fuckin jetpacks! Jet. Packs!
    They're bugged at the moment >.>

Once you reach level 2 of the upgrades it stops getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Spot on, that's why I love my little elmo army so much. It's also funny to hear smurfs say TR are pointless when we owned 70% of the maps with 32% of the population yesterday on Miller.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-12-12 at 08:51 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I really would not say TR is a rather pointless faction that amounts to nothing. We always seem to be doing good and I do feel that in an Infantry vs Infantry battle, TR tend to come out on top. That said, add in all the other (highly relevant) factors and it gets a bit messy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's kinda rare to get some "action". Been driving around with my squadmates for 2+ hours capturing areas and I've maybe killed 2-3 enemies. Never met any resistance. I suppose everyone else is just kinda going where the biggest zerg is? *shrug*
    You're an effective squad if you're out together capturing stuff. You can cut off the enemies supplies and benefits by snapping their territory in half. But I think alot of people do just use the Instant Action thing on the map to jump right into the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, I haven´t played the game in a while and now I just started again.
    Last time I played I bought the Breaker rocket pods for the Reaver and I thought I would get them when I logged out and back in etc, but I never logged back in after buying them.
    So now I logged in and see that I don´t actually have the pods, I was like "huh I must have not bought them or something"... well so I bought them again, now that´s 1400 credits gone of my 4000 that I had, and I still have no fucking Breaker rocket pods, can´t find them in my Reaver loadout, even if I logout and back in, no pods.... so I just wasted 1400 credits (about 14$) on NOTHING.... now I´m 2 pissed off to play the game.

And in the store it says "Unlock Breaker Rockets"..... yeah.... fuck that.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-12-13 at 12:18 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.