Poll: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They always read, listen, watch feedback.... the issue isn't that. They just cannot 'fix' every little thing that people ask for, because honestly, some of the suggestions are plain loopy, unnecessary etc. Others are creative, worthy of discussion and in some cases, are even eventually implemented in some fashion... just not every idea is a keeper!
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Huge uproar over CRZ but they have done very little to fix it.
    Define HUGE... and also Blizzard stated it is working as intended, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."
    Well, that would indicate they do listen?

Huge uproar about bots but nothing done
    Again what is HUGE? Also this is a bttle that is neverending and I am convinced they are working on it constantly.

Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along
    I'd stop using huge really, because you have no numbers on the amount of people really.... Can't comment on this since I am not interested in PVP whatsoever. (To me in the case of huge in WOW terms would mean at least 30% of population so say 3 million people crying out for it).

Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.
    Which is something they are also working on. Just because they want a different method than just simple transfers or merging of servers, doesn't mean that they don't listen.

keep it constructive and civil
    Simply put, I do think they listen, a lot. Just because things don't get fixced/implemented fast doesn't mean they are not working on it. They decide the methods and timeframes, you decide for yourself if you can live with that or not. If their decision is unacceptable for you, you can send in a complaint or leave the game.
    To be honest I'm still surprised to see how people think they are entitled to decide where the game is heading and how. This is probably due to the fact that Blizzard has always been open to input from players. Now they feel that Blizzard should listen to them instead of letting Blizzard decide the product they want to make and think they can market. Blizzard is capable of deciding this for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    ... (on CRZ)

All this does is lower costs for Blizzard and increase the ganking. It doesn't help Guilds in dying realms, it doesn't help their economies and it doesn't result in more grouping. This is just a band aid to lower costs while WoW is in the milking stages. CRZ will fail. People will not stand for it, because unlike LFD it really hurts their play without giving anything in return.

Could I quote it better ? I guess not.

This man does not even see the technique what is behind "seamless open world across server play without loading screens" because he can't see the long term implementation of it.

So it is proof he simply has NO clue about development.

Of course there are 2 possibilites here: OR the man really has a limited capacity ... that doesn't understand the power behind a seamless open world played across servers OR the man is a reknown WOW hater that knows VERY WELL this technique will be used and DEVELOPPED to populate Azeroth for the next 10 years regardless of player numbers.

As he already used the word "fanboy" (infraction), I can only conclude it is the latter. Good for him I guess...

In both cases though, it clearly proves why Blizzard does not need to even read forums.

And btw talking about success: GW2 is already down to 2.5 times LESS played than WOW these days on western Xfire. That's hardly any retention for a free to play game against a sub based one. And yes SW TOR players were stranded because they didn't have cross realm LFG tools and so sank only to be stranded on a well known island: the F2P WoW killer Isle. MANY other MMO's can be found on that F2P Isle because of ... listening to too much forum whiners all over the place.

All because of 'worst things ever" put up by ignorant posters.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-13 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Could I quote it better ? I guess not.

This man does not even see the technique what is behind "seamless open world across server play without loading screens" because he can't see the long term implementation of it.

So it is proof he simply has NO clue about development.

Of course there are 2 possibilites here: OR the man really has a limited capacity ... that doesn't understand the power behind a seamless open world played across servers OR the man is a reknown WOW hater that knows VERY WELL this technique will be used to populate Azeroth for the next 10 years regardless of player numbers.

As he already used the word "fanboy" (infraction), I can only conclude it is the latter. Good for him I guess...

In both cases though, it clearly proves why Blizzard does not need to even read forums.
    I said "fan brigade"... that is beside the point though. The point is you have no clue what feedback means. Feedback means what i think about the game, what i think is broken, op, annoying. I don't need data to tell blizzard that Dailies suck the enjoyment out of my game and that making LFR mandatory forces me to interact with trolls, griefers and bads which annoys me.

CRZ does nothing for the people except hindering their profession leveling and pets/rares collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And btw talking about success: GW2 is already down to 2.5 times LESS played than WOW these days on western Xfire. That's hardly any retention for a free to play game against a sub based one. And yes SW TOR players were stranded because they didn't have cross realm LFG tools and so sank only to be stranded on a well known island: the F2P WoW killer Isle.

All because of 'worst things ever" put up by ignorant posters.
    WoW has a dailies system that punishes people who dont log on every day for 1-2 hours to grind out minimal amounts of reputation and story progression. WoW is sub based so people feel they have to play it every day to "get their money's worth". Really can't compare it to a buy to play MMO.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-12-13 at 12:18 PM.

I said "fan brigade"... that is beside the point though. The point is you have no clue what feedback means. Feedback means what i think about the game, what i think is broken, op, annoying. I don't need data to tell blizzard that Dailies suck the enjoyment out of my game and that making LFR mandatory forces me to interact with trolls, griefers and bads which annoys me.

CRZ does nothing for the people except hindering their profession leveling and pets/rares collecting.

WoW has a dailies system that punishes people who dont log on every day for 1-2 hours to grind out minimal amounts of reputation and story progression. WoW is sub based so people feel they have to play it every day to "get their money's worth". Really can't compare it to a buy to play MMO.

Like I said: the more you post, the more you realise that posters in forums have no clue about long term development goals.

Cross realm game play populates the open world : CRZ is just the first step. Just like the first steps in cross server LFG play both in BG's 2006 or dungeon only play (2009).

Cross realm play is simply the Holy Grail of ever populated worlds in the future (both in WOW as in Titan).

No one cares about you picking a flower in a populated world... , because these are MMORPG's and the only thing that these games need is PLAYERS around.

---
    The argument that WOW is still played many many times more than any game that is F2P because it has ... a subscription fee is a good one.

It makes as much sense as any argument seen on a forum thread about Blizzard: NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    exactly, Let blizzard do their touch, and don't think everything goes your way.
    Would have been more fun if you had tried to start an argument. I am secretly impressed at your ability to unabashedly agree with yourself like this

If they do listen to feedback they dont get it reported to the people who can do something with said feedback.

Over the years I've played I have seen so many good suggestions for wow the list would be endless. I mean shit every day you see a suggestion, not all of them are super, but once inn a while you see a great one.

I think they are to elitist now days to listen to the common nerdy gammer. They dont really make games for us anymore - Business is a much bigger part than before.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

people qq about too many dailies

...make more dailies

yep, they arent listening. also ask any pvp disc priest if they are listening to their concerns :|

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    people qq about too many dailies

...make more dailies

yep, they arent listening. also ask any pvp disc priest if they are listening to their concerns :|
    Please give one alternative on how you'd progress the story then, without doing it the 4.1 way where you could be done with the whole storyline for the patch in 20 minutes.

And they did listen. Instead of having up to 40+ dailies each day, you only have 5 now.

they only do when there is profit.

Some of your arguments are made up out of nothing but thin air.
    Some of them are not even arguments but just a note that you need additional knowledge to interpret them.

E.G. What do you mean with SC2-community made maps.
    Is that something good, or bad? What does this have to do with blizzard?

Proclaiming that nothing gets done about bots is simply ignorant as there is a LOT done about bots.
    But there are two main flows that hinder that.

1. blizzard doesnt want to suspend accounts on a simple belief that those are botting. They need evidence which is quite hard to come by. And like in a real juristic scenarion as long as there is not enough evidenc for your guilt, you have to be treated as unguilty.
    You dont want to be permabanned just cause some dude on your server thinks you are botting do you?

2. Ban a bot, and two new appear. This battle cant be won unless you install some very special machanics to make sure that you have human behinfd a keyboard and not generated clicks. Those mechanics again would upset so much players and make gaming expierience so much inconvenient that they refuse to do so. Rathe have 1% of playerbase quite cause of bots, than 5% cause of inconvenient playstyle.
    And even then the botter would find a way around i guess.
    THIS BATTLE CANT BE WON. Or at least its is as hard to win as the battle against drugs.

Go to your goverment and accuse them of doing nothing agains the drug scene.

I know ranting mood make logical thinking very hard and unappealing but still you shouldnt stop it.

Finally they mabey noticed that they have listened a bit much on the feedback last years and so made decisions that werent fully thought through and then upset the community.
    It is like the best way to get all the community upset is giving them what they proclaim to want.
    Last edited by ripponesan; 2012-12-13 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I also think too many people confuse "this horse is dead, let's stop beating it" with "we don't care about your opinion."
    I'm not sure that I see much difference between these two positions. Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Over the years I've played I have seen so many good suggestions for wow the list would be endless. I mean shit every day you see a suggestion, not all of them are super, but once inn a while you see a great one.
    Not offending you personally, but still you have seen so many suggestions on the forum that YOU thought were good. As long as you are not bizzard staff or got magically enlightened about all the game aspects you are in no way able to really estimate if a proposal is good or not.

There are LOTS of proposals that look awesome on the first sight, still good on the second and amazing on the thirds, but once testing them you get to notice a heavy griefing potential or other problem/bugs whatever.

Given recent PvP changes it feels like they are better at responding to PvP issues now than ever before. The massive amount of hotfixes recently to help tone down burst in general and with specific classes have been very well thought out and solving the (reasonable) problems players complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm specifically responding to your comments about botting, so I've edited out the non-bot related parts of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Proclaiming that nothing gets done about bots is simply ignorant as there is a LOT done about bots.
    What gets done? Can you point to anything in the last year that Blizzard has done to reduce the botting problem in WoW beyond occasionally giving individuals a short ban?

But there are two main flows that hinder that.

1. blizzard doesnt want to suspend accounts on a simple belief that those are botting. They need evidence which is quite hard to come by. And like in a real juristic scenarion as long as there is not enough evidenc for your guilt, you have to be treated as unguilty.
    You dont want to be permabanned just cause some dude on your server thinks you are botting do you?
    Evidence which they are too lazy to develop. Monitoring BGs and zones for the most obvious botting behavior and then having a human review it wouldn't be trival, but the cost would be a trickle in the firehose that is WoW's revenue stream.

2. Ban a bot, and two new appear. This battle cant be won unless you install some very special machanics to make sure that you have human behinfd a keyboard and not generated clicks. Those mechanics again would upset so much players and make gaming expierience so much inconvenient that they refuse to do so. Rathe have 1% of playerbase quite cause of bots, than 5% cause of inconvenient playstyle.
    And even then the botter would find a way around i guess.
    THIS BATTLE CANT BE WON. Or at least its is as hard to win as the battle against drugs.
    How hard can it be to throw in a captcha either when you queue for a BG, or during the wait for one to start? Captcha's aren't foolproof, but in the real world they do cut down automated spam. There are more sophisticated ways to deal with automated abuse, too, but this is Blizzard we're talking about here, so I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, yet I would like to see at least a little honest effort.

Deleted
    WoW has a dailies system that punishes people who dont log on every day for 1-2 hours to grind out minimal amounts of reputation and story progression.
    Explain to me how someone is punished? Keeping in mind that I understand the definition of the word...

If (for example) it takes 14 days of dailies to get to exalted, it takes that same number for each person, whether that person logs in each day for 14 days or just once a week for 14 weeks, they're still dedicated the same amount of time to the same thing.

Yes the person that logs in once a week takes longer to get there, because they should.....that's not punishment.

Also and you'll have to forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but are you complaining that you need to play the game in order to get the story?

Ironically I'm coming here from the wrathbabies thread, but this is relevant.

Anyone who played pre-wrath will understand that the devs are a lot more reliant on feedback than they were. Arguably more than they ever have been. I can safely say over half the major changes in this game are implemented in conjunction with relevant feedback (whether it was because of the feedback, I would think so but it's impossible to be 100%). Before people mention the forum arguments, I imagine blizzard get massively more feedback through tickets than through the forums to begin with. Outside of raiding/rated pvp I doubt forumers really get much say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Explain to me how someone is punished? Keeping in mind that I understand the definition of the word...

If (for example) it takes 14 days of dailies to get to exalted, it takes that same number for each person, whether that person logs in each day for 14 days or just once a week for 14 weeks, they're still dedicated the same amount of time to the same thing.

Yes the person that logs in once a week takes longer to get there, because they should.....that's not punishment.

Also and you'll have to forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but are you complaining that you need to play the game in order to get the story?
    He's complaining that you have to play the way Blizzard wants you to - logging in every day - in order to max out your rewards. Compare that with something like, say, the vanilla Timbermaw grind. With that, you could spend as much or as little on it as you pleased; you could kill a few furbolgs and do some turn-ins once a week, or you could power through the whole thing in a single sleep-deprived weekend. Either way, it would basically take the same total time investment (not counting travel time).

WoW has always rewarded time commitment, but the original structure of the game didn't care how players put in their time. It looks like in MoP, Blizzard seems to be forcing a particular type of time commitment on players: logging in every day for an hour or two. (Probably because it is more addictive and/or generates more revenue from the Asian side of the property.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Voted yes just to get the number higher, but your implies that they stopped listening at some point.

They haven't always been particularly intelligent or competent with their responses, but they've clearly always listened.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:24 AM ----------

May I ask why you say CRZ has made leveling an alt fun again? Do you play on a PvP or RP server? If you don't, I see literally zero benefit to CRZ, and many disadvantages.
    Well, it was first time I leveled a character in a PvP realm (Ragnaros-US). I must say it was one of the best experiences in WoW and I didn't what I was losing by playing and leveling in a PvE realm. Sadly, I have 4 alts to support my main and I can't transfer to a PvP server, but that feeling of being hunted, in the middle of an actual war with high level players waiting to gank you behind every tree, man I loved that experience.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    I'm not sure that I see much difference between these two positions. Can you elaborate?
    People continue to whine about issues that Blizzard has already addressed, is in the process of working on, or has already said 'no' to. I don't think because they choose to delete for eleventy zillionth thread bitching about CRZ that one can extrapolate that to mean they have ignored feedback on the feature.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |