Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Taming rare elite with crossrealm is IMPOSSIBLE

So I was gonna go out and hunt for some fancy Spirit beasts for pvp, but thats just out of the question.

Went past Skoll, the spirit bear in Grizzly and the kitty in Zul'drak, ALL places were camped by 5-6 hunters.

How on this god forsaken earth am I supposed to get one, when they're all doing nothing but to camp for hours? NONE of them were from my server.

Is it even possible nowadays?

Gives a real meaning to the word rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

welcome back to the the way the world use to be. all the compaints besides guild and auctionhouse effect that players complain about with CRZ is stuff that people played since vanillia have delt with.

Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    welcome back to the the way the world use to be. all the compaints besides guild and auctionhouse effect that players complain about with CRZ is stuff that people played since vanillia have delt with.
    Is it better because its an older way of doing things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Deleted
    People camped Skoll back in vanilla? damn.

i wasn't aware we had to deal with multiple other realms worth of competition for everything in every other expac. thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I know, you fly on a taxi, see the rare, you land and CRZ kicks in...

Best bet is to check the spots when server restart/resets, I guess

CRZ is meant to make the world seem populated again. The way rares and resources were designed to be handled by. Not the empty-world you saw in late WotLK and all of Cata.

Welcome back to "working as intended".

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i wasn't aware we had to deal with multiple other realms worth of competition for everything in every other expac. thanks for clearing that up.
    Other realms? No. Other players of roughly equal count? Yes. 5-6 hunters camping one Spirit Beast spawn? Believable back in WotLK.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Yes because in vanilla 1 realm was merged with X others and it had a player base this large? what did i miss?

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Is it better because its an older way of doing things?
    i personally like the aspect of the world feeling alive again. and no i dont play on a pvp server anymore so its not for lowbie ganking fun.

it always seemed distrubing to me leveling an alt and seeing no one around and general chat dead for a zone. so in my personal point of view its better.

wow, some people are really dense,

no it wasnt other realms it was every one on your realm. and if anyone actually played in vanilla or actually takes the time to remember. it was not uncommon to see 20+hunters camping a speficic pet before pets were normalized. or unique looking pets after they were normalized.

and it was common to see zones filled with all levels hunting mats.

this is exactly what CRZ brings back

and i leveled on a pvp zone upp till firelands patch. the ganking people experince now we experinced then. with the exception of flying mounts possibly making it a little worse.

the only issue with CRZ is it does nothing for low pop servers econ's and guild issues
    Last edited by shadofall; 2012-12-13 at 03:47 PM.

It is better because that is how an MMO should be. I remember how difficult it used to be to farm lots of stuff...but that is what made it special when you actually acquired what you were farming for.
    I am not a fan of it , either, but I should not wake up one morning and decide I am just going to go tame Loque. It needs to be harder than it used to be...maybe not like this, but it is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    It is better because that is how an MMO should be. I remember how difficult it used to be to farm lots of stuff...but that is what made it special when you actually acquired what you were farming for.
    I am not a fan of it , either, but I should not wake up one morning and decide I am just going to go tame Loque. It needs to be harder than it used to be...maybe not like this, but it is a step in the right direction.
    One does not just wake up and walk into Sholozar Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One does not just wake up and walk into Sholozar Basin.
    What do you mean by this statement? I have woken up a few times, logged in, and decided I was going to go get a Rare.

This is complete BS. If you take for example the four mobs needed to complete your epic hunter quest (http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Stave_of_the_Ancients), there were never more than two or three people camping for them on a high population sever. But since they were from the same realm, and chances you would know the others were very high, you would simply agree on a killing order. They would even help each other with tips how to kill the mob. This is what a MMO makes a MMO.

But with CRZ, this is completely different. You have no idea how many others will be coming, you cannot agree on a "taming" order since people come and go all the time. Everyone is a competitor, you cannot expect "fair play" from anyone. There is no reason to talk to the others, because obviously it would be pointless. It is just a big "who gets the tag" hunt. This is not fun, and has nothing to do with being a MMO.

game was not really designed to have people sit afk for days/weeks with npcscan on while doing other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    What do you mean by this statement? I have woken up a few times, logged in, and decided I was going to go get a Rare.
    Doesnt make it a "rare" if its always there and no1 is camping it does it ?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This is complete BS. If you take for example the four mobs needed to complete your epic hunter quest (http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Stave_of_the_Ancients), there were never more than two or three people camping for them on a high population sever. But since they were from the same realm, and chances you would know the others were very high, you would simply agree on a killing order. They would even help each other with tips how to kill the mob. This is what a MMO makes a MMO.

But with CRZ, this is completely different. You have no idea how many others will be coming, you cannot agree on a "taming" order since people come and go all the time. Everyone is a competitor, you cannot expect "fair play" from anyone. There is no reason to talk to the others, because obviously it would be pointless. It is just a big "who gets the tag" hunt. This is not fun, and has nothing to do with being a MMO.
    Looks like real life doesnt it ? Me likey

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    Looks like real life doesnt it ? Me likey
    And rules are exactly the reason why game!=real life, and it is something you do for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

Meet broken tooth, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=285, pre normilzation of pets he was the single most sought after pet due to the 1.0 attack speed. it was very common to see not only 5+ hunters sitting around waiting for the spawn, but pvp erupt as a result on pvp servers for this rare, griefing as one hunter would start the tame others would kill it out of spite for not getting the tag them self. there was no tame order negotatied ever. some people thought it was fun others not. thats all personal opinion. and in my opinion i'm glad to see this type of competition return.

the use of the hunter epic quest as an example is silly. esp since the number of hunters going after it when it was relevant was gated by the fact thatitems from raids were required. one from MC and one dragon sienew from i belive onixya

Meet broken tooth, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=285, pre normilzation of pets he was the single most sought after pet due to the 1.0 attack speed. it was very common to see not only 5+ hunters sitting around waiting for the spawn, but pvp erupt as a result on pvp servers for this rare, griefing as one hunter would start the tame others would kill it out of spite for not getting the tag them self. there was no tame order negotatied ever. some people thought it was fun others not. thats all personal opinion. and in my opinion i'm glad to see this type of competition return
    This is my hunter's broken tooth, I got it because I set off my alarm clock at 3am. No other hunter was around.
    Now with CRZ, there is always someone around, that's exactly the reason for CRZ. There is no chance that you are alone, because the algorithm will constantly put people together.

10+ Year Old Account
    A) There was absolutely NO camped mobs in Vanilla, except for a possible few rep maws, like Felwoods Furbolgs. Rare mobs in Vanilla droped crap gear.
    B) I played during Vanilla. The amount of ppl in the world depended on your server- A high pop server, nothing really changed since Vanilla. A low pop server, you could easily be the only person farming herbs/ores/skins in EPL.
    C) Any "competition" was because ore/herb nodes were VERY scarce compared to now. Early Pandaria, when you could literally go between 3 ghost iron nodes for a good hour before they stoped respawning? That rate was over 50x the rate back in Vanilla. You herb a herb, it wouldnt be back for almost 10 mins, rather then the 1 min it is now.
    D) During BC, the "compitition" was more due to the wanted herbs/ores being in highly concentrated areas that were ALSO lvl 70 daily questing areas.
    E) During Wrath, we get more of the non-CRZ emptiness of the world. Northrend was very large, and the good stuff was spread out over a HUGE area, most of which, you quested through once and then you were done. When LFD came out, most ppl either sat in cities queing (Nobody being near the BG warmasters out in the world helped with that) or manually entered raid instances. Only time you would see ppl out and about was either VERY quick dailies or farming.
    F) The main emptiness came with cata. 5 zones of interest to max lvl ppl, down from 7-8. Herbs located in 1 specific zone, rather then spread out amongst 4 zones. Ores were extremely plenty, and you could use phasing to your advantage to get a significant amount of phased nodes. Zones were big, nodes were plentiful, the only time you might see another player on your realm was in TB.

The way the world used to be during Vanilla was because of the small number of servers, the scarcity of herbs, and the smaller size of zones compared to now. You were much more likely to notice someone farming at the same time as you, because the nodes were scarce. During BC, on my small server, a rare spawn could be up for a week before 3 ppl got together to down it (Or someone awesome/geared managed to solo it). During Wrath, there was no noticable competition for ANYTHING but the TLPD. During Cata, same thing except with Aeonaxx/Posidus after 4.1

Even now, in Pandaria, on the smaller servers, the world is relatively empty, except for whereever you need to do dailies at. CRZ was not very thought out by blizzard- Realm communities that had been a small server suddenly found themselves thrown into an area that had the feel of a large server. Large servers got even more competition, without anything going back to the realm itself. Low levels who could level in relative peace in a pvp realm (Beyond the occasional high lvl searching for low lvl stuff, or equal lvl pvp) now find themselves constantly ganked by players who camp a low lvl zone for hours.

When Molten Front came out, I didn't hear anything much about how ppl lagged in it, or how there was too many players. PvP realms would occaisonally feel some pvp when a 10v10 happened spontaneously, but it wasn't common. CRZ comes out, and ppl are either like "I CANT GET ANYTHING DONE DUE TO LAG" or "I CANT GET ANYTHING DONE BECAUSE OF THE 80 ALLIANCE TEABAGING US 20 HORDE" or w/e. There are some ppl who like the feeling of more ppl out in the world- theres either a louder group, or a larger group that hates CRZ with a passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.