Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

lvling tailoring

So I have a toon with mine herb and one with alch. Now I'm trying tailoring for my new panda priest. I must say this is wayyyyy harder than the others. I'm at like 350's and this is sooo expensive now are crafting proffesions generally harder but I don't remember alchemy giving me this much hell. Anyone have any tips for me?

Deleted
    Well, you need the clothes, no way around that. Here is a tailoring guide that will get you to max level with approximately the minimum amount of clothes needed. If it's too expensive you can farm them with every character. Farming with a tailor is more efficient though.

Oh, and Alchemy and Inscription are *by far* the easiest professions to level. Any other crafting profession will be way, WAY harder to level.

Speaking of tailoring, I'm currently re-rolling and just hit the most dreadful part of leveling tailoring... Frostweave. I'm only level 70, therefore do you guys think I'll gather enough cloth by leveling in Northrend or will I have to farm some? If I'll have to farm, any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks,
    Kitac

Out of all the professions I think tailoring was the biggest pain for me, although I didn't level engineering. Wow-professions is an amazing site. Farm with your tailor for cloth. In the wow-professions guides there are usually farming guides for the different mats. I think frostweave was aoe mob packs in ICC zone. I don't remember if you had to train the cloth scavenging for your tailor or if it automagically appears around the time of northrend training, either way you will just have to suck it up and farm it unless you have deep pockets for the ah.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitac View Post
    Speaking of tailoring, I'm currently re-rolling and just hit the most dreadful part of leveling tailoring... Frostweave. I'm only level 70, therefore do you guys think I'll gather enough cloth by leveling in Northrend or will I have to farm some? If I'll have to farm, any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks,
    Kitac
    It is highly unlikely that you will gather enough frostweave just from leveling, even with the Northrend Cloth Scavenging.

The best place to farm (imo) is the area with the Converted Heroes in Icecrown. They are in packs of about 8 and can be AoE'ed down quite nicely as long as you are of appropriate level. They drop a decent amount of cloth and you will need plenty to get past this section of Tailoring.

Assuming you have a max level character that can dish out some good AOE you can always go to a dungeon or location which has a high number of humanoid in it that drop cloth. The AOE looting mechanism makes this a snap anymore. I know a guildie use to get frostweave in an area where the viking like guys would constantly spawn to run down a hill to a specific location and it was a never ending stream of vrykul. I think you can get rostweave off the pile of undead in Icecrown that spawn around the gate at the location where you collect helms, armor and weapons on the ground to put them togeather and trick the undead dragons into picking them up so you could detonate the armor and blow up the undead dragons, and then you do he same with an armor golem on the undead around the gate.

Sindragosa's fall is a great place to gather frost weave. I used to get enough cloth per hour to make 4 bags - however much cloth that comes to
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Frostweave Bags are made with 6 Bolts of Imbued Frostweave, each of which contains two standard Bolts of Frostweave (5 cloth each). So to make four bags you'd need 240 cloth plus some Dust. Assuming you'd get as many cloth per hour it would take approximately five to six straight hours of farming to cover the entire Frostweave part of the skilling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitac View Post

Thanks,
    Kitac
    There is no way you will gather enough cloth while questing your way through northrend to level through the frostweave section of tailoring. you will need about 1200 frostweave. These are the best placed to farm: http://www.wow-professions.com/farmi...-cloth-farming

tailoring is hard to level!

Quote Originally Posted by appsiedaisies View Post
    tailoring is hard to level!
    Tailoring is hard to level when you get 25 points away from max level.. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    There is no way you will gather enough cloth while questing your way through northrend to level through the frostweave section of tailoring. you will need about 1200 frostweave. These are the best placed to farm: http://www.wow-professions.com/farmi...-cloth-farming
    If you have a 90 char (especially a DK) farming LK 5-mans for cloth can also be an option as you can pull whole corridors pretty quickly and mobs do not evade (unlike outdoors).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    So I have a toon with mine herb and one with alch. Now I'm trying tailoring for my new panda priest. I must say this is wayyyyy harder than the others. I'm at like 350's and this is sooo expensive now are crafting proffesions generally harder but I don't remember alchemy giving me this much hell. Anyone have any tips for me?
    It's a terrible grind but it's worth it for the spell buff and the intellect

Like the above posts have suggested using a level 90 to farm all your materials and going by a wow profession guide you could farm the matt's up within a day or two OR find someone to give you a tailoring leveling kit for 8k

I just did tailoring in a few hours, only bought about 350 silk cloth after I got tired of farming the mobs at New Thalanaar

Everything after that is easy, the 1200 frostweave takes less than an hour, if you don't have Northrend Cloth Scavenging then you are doing it wrong, If you are farming trogs in Deepholm without a treasure finding potion then you are doing it wrong

Leatherworking is just as painful (if not more) as tailoring. Blizzard really ought to do something about the professions. But we all know they won't...

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    Leatherworking is just as painful (if not more) as tailoring. Blizzard really ought to do something about the professions. But we all know they won't...
    And don't even get us started about BS or JCing. It's just terrible design. I guess it'd not be THAT bad if you could actually gather enough mats while leveling like was once the intent, but now....

15+ Year Old Account
    Any proff. 1-300 is a pain to level since you need so much more of different types of material to level it, and it hasn´t been altered to fit current times. However with that in mind I´d say Tailoring is one of the easier proffessions to level. Especially due to cloth scavenging.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Tailoring is easier if you level it while you level, and drop rates are a lot better for cloth than they used to be. I have so much cloth on my no-tailor realm that it's just stupid. Tailoring is a lot more productive if you also have an enchanter, so you can DE most of what you craft and use the mats to level enchanting, which is also expensive and annoying to level.

The biggest gripe I have had with tailoring over the years is the crafting time for bags relative to profits. Given that bags are so critical for all players, having it take several minutes to craft bags, vs a few seconds to craft a gem worth the same amount, is stupid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    I agree. I have leveled LW twice and have had to bring in a max level character plenty of times to farm the extra leather and alternative mats that are required in the lower levels. The 1-300 range definitely needs a revamp.

ur best bet is to power lvl netherweave till around umm.. 390-400 usually that can be done pretty easily.. if netherweve is cheap.. it usually is. then just finish off tailoring with a tiny bit of frostweave.. remember u only need frost till 425 then its on to embersilk.. this means its only a mere 25-30 points from 400-425 before u can drop it. of course choose the cheap netherweave recipes up to 360-370 or so.. fitting in a few frostweave bolt clothes will do u fine.. its actually much easier than before, i didnt have to farm frostweave at all this time and managed to get past embersilk easily.