Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks... all healing the same if not more than Hybrids now - and the pures are normally compensated for not having heals by given bigger CDs than DPS Shamans / DPS Druids etc.

An interesting fix would be letting hybrid healers heal themselves for the full amount and only apply the nerfs to the healing when it's on other party members.
    1) Warriors are a hybrid class, not a pure.
    2) Rogues have like what, 3k hps?
    3) Warlocks spend 10% of their hp for a fear every 10sec, and 15% hp to restore 20% mana. They get extra healing cooldowns to compensate for that

Also, we ain't given bigger cooldowns, hybrid tax is gone for years mate, a hybrid is the same as a pure in terms of damage, heck most hybrids actually do a lot better than most pures, not counting mage.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    At least Shadow priest have the mana pool to throw out heals. Ret paladins can only do two flash of light heals before you go oom and if you want to use WoG you are giving up your damage.
    Atleast you get your mana back to full after 10 seconds.

An enhc shaman can hardcast 2 healing surges and then be OOM for the rest of the fight because how retarded their mana regen mechanic is.

Deleted
    This is a very good nerf, and they should bring it up to 50% even and remove the critical effect aswell.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    At least Shadow priest have the mana pool to throw out heals. Ret paladins can only do two flash of light heals before you go oom and if you want to use WoG you are giving up your damage.
    Yeah you obviously need to learn how to play ret then, my ret friend pushes out insane healing in both pve and pvp (probably spec related).

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    1) Warriors are a hybrid class, not a pure.
    2) Rogues have like what, 3k hps?
    3) Warlocks spend 10% of their hp for a fear every 10sec, and 15% hp to restore 20% mana. They get extra healing cooldowns to compensate for that

Also, we ain't given bigger cooldowns, hybrid tax is gone for years mate, a hybrid is the same as a pure in terms of damage, heck most hybrids actually do a lot better than most pures, not counting mage.
    I meant hybrid in the way of healing/dps trees. Warriors have no castable heals. And by cooldowns I meant defensive CDs, rather than DPS cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    This is a very good nerf, and they should bring it up to 50% even and remove the critical effect aswell.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:09 PM ----------

Yeah you obviously need to learn how to play ret then, my ret friend pushes out insane healing in both pve and pvp (probably spec related).
    Dat mysterious ret runing super healing spec that nobody figured out yet. If that superhero could share through your post how he pushes insane healing after nerfs paladin community would be grateful.

Actually why am i being sarcasting instead of calling you out on a bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    I resubbed, logged in with my enhance shaman, dueled a monk, used a 5 stack msw that healed for 25k, logged off, unsubbed.
    ?

I dont understand this one (if it was a joke then ignore me), So you didn't like the reduced healing from a DPS spec or was the nerf alittle strong and 25k isnt worth it any more?

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    You have a better chance of winning by wasting your stacks on dps instead of healing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    60k spammable heal as a DPS? that required a nerf.
    The thing is that the nerf affected the hybrids in different ways, for example, feral/retri/enhan having so little mana are able to cast 2 heals, while spriest/balance/elemental are able to cast 10-12 heals if needed... It'd have been better to add a cooldown to the healing spells instead of the pvp power modification that affects the hybrids in different ways...
    Last edited by Moinaldo; 2012-12-13 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa View Post
    if they are able to spam it then the person letting them spam needs to just not be in PvP at all.
    with all the CC in the game im sure you would be able to get one off and find a LoS position and start going at it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest healing did need to be nerfed. It was over the top. Elemental Shaman wasn't as big of a problem (they have a 50% increased self-heal mechanic when they have Clearcasting - I think this should be implemented for the melee hybrids (Feral/Sham; Ret healing feels like it's in a good spot right now for a hybrid).

Nerfing hybrid healing across the board wasn't the way to go. As others have mentioned, hybrid healing across the board wasn't the predominant problem, it was Shadow Priest healing (that, along with Void Shift being one of, if not the best cooldowns currently in the game).

I kind of feel bad for the hybrids (again, Enh / Feral) that were nerfed because of the blanket nerf. And then the totem nerf on top of that; GG Blizzard - nerf one overpowered spec and destroy two -okay- ones.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Dps should dps, no matter what their secondary spec is

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks... all healing the same if not more than Hybrids now - and the pures are normally compensated for not having heals by given bigger CDs than DPS Shamans / DPS Druids etc.

An interesting fix would be letting hybrid healers heal themselves for the full amount and only apply the nerfs to the healing when it's on other party members.
    warlock self healing these days is a joke, hardly worth noting

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    Shadow Priest healing did need to be nerfed. It was over the top. Elemental Shaman wasn't as big of a problem (they have a 50% increased self-heal mechanic when they have Clearcasting - I think this should be implemented for the melee hybrids (Feral/Sham; Ret healing feels like it's in a good spot right now for a hybrid).

Nerfing hybrid healing across the board wasn't the way to go. As others have mentioned, hybrid healing across the board wasn't the predominant problem, it was Shadow Priest healing (that, along with Void Shift being one of, if not the best cooldowns currently in the game).

I kind of feel bad for the hybrids (again, Enh / Feral) that were nerfed because of the blanket nerf. And then the totem nerf on top of that; GG Blizzard - nerf one overpowered spec and destroy two -okay- ones.
    our FoL heals for 30k and uses close to 50% of our mana while WoG isn't even worth using 3 HPs on anymore, that is not good for a hybrid. Especially when warriors are getting healed for 11k per tick of Second Wind
    Last edited by Clarke; 2012-12-13 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    our FoL heals for 30k and uses close to 50% of our mana while WoG isn't even worth using 3 HPs on anymore, that is not good for a hybrid. Especially when warriors are getting healed for 11k per tick of Second Wind
    Warriors are hybrids as well FYI. Yes, second wind needs a nerf imo, but ret isn't supposed to heal 100k with a flash either... And as said above, you should focus on dpsing, not on healing.

Warriors are hybrids as well FYI. Yes, second wind needs a nerf imo, but ret isn't supposed to heal 100k with a flash either... And as said above, you should focus on dpsing, not on healing.
    We dont heal for 100k FoL's so you argument is moot. And the changes change the complete play style of some class specs that have classically been the same for MANY expansions. I cant speak for Spriests or Shamans but we lost survivability with no means of compensation. We're not talking about a little survivability... were talking about next to all of our survivability. The mechanics of the class is provide some off healing... when those off heals heal less than a Censure tick at 5 stacks and steal almost half your mana... idk... maybe theres a problem with how it played out...
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2012-12-13 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    We dont heal for 100k FoL's so you argument is moot.
    Before they nerfed hybrid healing to the ground, I'm fairly sure you healed for 100k...

Before they nerfed hybrid healing to the ground, I'm fairly sure you healed for 100k...
    Now I heal for 30k... one extreme to another and this serves to prove your point how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Now I heal for 30k... one extreme to another and this serves to prove your point how?
    That hybrids needed their healing nerfed to the ground because otherwise they'd still be stupidly overpowered.
    You are still a dps and not a healer, you don't require stupidly overpowered healing to be viable..

Deleted
    So just because you cant faceroll without op heals anymore that is the end of hybrids?

No... its the end of facerollers who is carried by class and not skill.

DPS specs should never be viable healers in any case whatsoever. End of story!

ret couldn't heal for 100k with flash of light with out blowing some serious offensive cds and a supplication proc. they couldn't heal on themselves for even close to that much, SH only worked on heals to others.

whats more that heal took 12 seconds or more to ramp up and you could devour the stacks off to prevent it from hitting its full potency.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"