Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Arathi, Alterac, Hillsbrad and the Hinterlands arent forsaken land.
    The Capital City of Lordaeron once controlled the Eastern Plaguelands, the Western Plaguelands, the Tirisfal Glades, the Hillsbrad Foothills, most of Silverpine Forest, and part of the Alterac Mountains (Chillwind Point, and the town of Strahnbrad).

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lordaeron

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    on the insane bitch I'm sure you meant an alliance of connivence. which is what the forsaken see their relationship with the horde being.

OT I'd have to put my pick on the horde being a refugee, a brotherhood of the oppressed and outcast. but to say that the relationships between the factions can't be more of a business transaction than a brand of loyalty is negotiable. seeing as the forsaken and Belves see it that way. they both know that without the horde they would be a lot worse off. but at the same time they want to peruse and be able to govern on their own terms. and with Garry as the warchief that is not unjustified.
    I'm not entirely sure the Blood Elves see it as an alliance of convenience anymore. I believe Theron identifies more with Thralls ideal of Horde being a sanctuary for the downtrodden rather than Sylvanas alliance of convenience after his recent quotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    my mistake
    She wanted to bolster her forces with ravaging worgen who ripe their enemies to shreds, and them come into your dreams while you sleep and rip those to shreds too
    Reminded me of http://www.wowhead.com/npc=58336

But yes ...... OT.
    I think one of the more interesting parts of the quest is simply that they're trying to keep Thrall relevant to the story, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of him next patch, I mean Garrosh is gonna know by now what Thrall did.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: The people who called this land their home in life, do so in death as well. Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: But the Alliance does not recognize our rights. They claim this land as their own while attempting to invalidate the claims of the founders of this kingdom. Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I will never allow it... Never! Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken - always and forever.
    lordaeron can be disputed. however arathi, hillsbrad, and gilneas are not
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Heh. Cool little monologue and 'cut-scene'.

As others have already said, I'm inclined to think of the Horde as being all of the things that Wrathion listed. Perhaps less what Thrall's apparition represented, at present, but that's not to say we won't get that back in spades by the end of the expansion.

I wonder if this means that Blizzard is planning to actually focus the Horde's raison d'etre to become a little more defined or if they just want us, the players, to reflect on what the Horde means to us at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lordaeron can be disputed. however arathi, hillsbrad, and gilneas are not
    Scroll up a bit.

Scroll up a bit.
    only a small section of hillbrad belonged to lordaeron. alterac was its own nation and the rest of hilsbrad belonged to dalaran.

30% of all forsaken are former high elves does that mean quel'thalas belongs to them to?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

only a small section of hillbrad belonged to lordaeron. alterac was its own nation and the rest of hilsbrad belonged to dalaran.

30% of all forsaken are former high elves does that mean quel'thalas belongs to them to?
    I guess that's why they're allied isn't it

I guess that's why they're allied isn't it
    there barely at this point. most of the blood elves dont want to put up with sylvanas after the scare tactics and threats she made in wrath

there barely at this point. most of the blood elves dont want to put up with sylvanas after the scare tactics and threats she made in wrath
    But they're still allied. However tenuous it may be.

But they're still allied. However tenuous it may be.
    trust me if it wasnt for the threat of retaliation im willing to bet most blood elves would like to go back into isolation and do there own thing

I'm really curious about Sylvanas involvement in MoP story.

I mean, when we get to the point where we dethrone Garrosh, we need the WHOLE Horde to do it. That is the idea, right? The Horde is not breaking apart, we act like one body to achieve something - and as Garrosh is doing his best to make everyone hate him (It begs for an explanation Blizzard, really, why is he doing this?) it won't take long.

But how are the Forsaken going to get into this mess? I mean, first of all after a sudden character swap in MoP Garrosh would rather applaud to an idea of creating an army of fallen soldiers, not call it "abominable". Something must happen between those 2 characters to keep the story going. But then again - Sylvanas is using Blight as a bread-and-butter weapon. Is she going to use it in Siege of Orgrimmar? Rather not, we remember what the resoults are.

My guess is that Sylvanas is going down this expansion, before Garrosh. She is getting too far into the "Lich King" area anyway, she turned from a good mother of corpses to pure evil. But it's just a guess. Especially since there is no good character to lead the Forsaken instead of her. And please don't say Voss, and yes, I like her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    my mistake
    She wanted to bolster her forces with ravaging worgen who ripe their enemies to shreds, and them come into your dreams while you sleep and rip those to shreds too

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:55 PM ----------

Alterac and Hillsbrad were/are part of Lorderon
    Forsaken land = parts that succumbed to scourge invasion, so no, Alterac and Hillsbrad don't count

Forsaken land = parts that succumbed to scourge invasion, so no, Alterac and Hillsbrad don't count
    Scroll up.

Deleted
    What is Horde? Oh Baby don't hurt me no mooooooore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I noticed how, when he implied 'is the horde an instrument of vengeance', is shows Garrosh, but when he asks 'or is it a refuge for the downtrodden?' it shows Thrall appear, implying a very different horde the one Garrosh has in mind for it.
    And of course, it shows Sylvanas with 'an alliance of convenience'.

Thrall, Sylvanas and Garrosh represent three faces of the horde.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:31 PM ----------

I think what this implies is how the horde is currently so divided in its pursuits. I believe blizzard has watched the wow forums, and realized these are the three aspects of what people look for in the horde, the fans who want a brutal, warmongering leader who borders on evil tyrant, those who want a more peaceful leader who seeks to lessen the bloodshed of his people, and those of who simply want an insane bitch for a leader.
    I also noticed that and i agree on what you said about how it looks like blizzard have read what people think about the horde, and then showed the 3 faces.
    The one who just want war - garrosh, the one who want to live in peace - thrall and the 3 one who is made only because it is suiting for the time being.
    The 3 one shows very much how varian was trying to unite with silvermoon, and how Lor'themar' who wanted to consider old alliances. So it could might as well have showed him

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    we may diasgree on things from time to time, but i feel like it could very well be possible that jaina becomes the antagonist after garrosh is dethroned/killed/redeemed whatever it may be. i dont feel like there could ever truly be a peace in world of warcraft and in that belief i feel there needs to be a catalyst that spurns one side or both. for the past 2 expansions its mostly been garrosh as varian has started to get a grasp on his hot headed-ness. there needs to be someone fill the void of garrosh's aggression after he's dealt with, jaina could very well fill that role
    I atleast dont hope for that to happen. But i also think it is not very onlickly, but ofc i may not see it from most point of view, since i do not want to see it happen.
    She is a very very loved charcter, or was atleast before, Now she is a hit or miss. people love her being active and part of the war, and other want her to go back and study in a tower.
    But the reason i do not think it so. Is because much of Jainas anger is primaly done my garrosh, so when he is dead, i atleast hope she go not back to her old self, that everyone could walk over, but atleast not the entire lets nuke the horde. And if she died, what would happen to dalaran? She is the only one, who can reunvite if it ever will happen, Dalaran back to the horde, Since Right now There is only the kin'torin and the silver something something ( ) and the silver covernage will not let the horde back in, if it is up to them. So it would require a strong person like jaina to do it. And with the nexst xpantion being demons and all(i guess atleast but would bet big money on it being demon related). And i think Dalaran would be a great help, and even not, would be silly if blizzard just completly destory dalaran

The Capital City of Lordaeron once controlled the Eastern Plaguelands, the Western Plaguelands, the Tirisfal Glades, the Hillsbrad Foothills, most of Silverpine Forest, and part of the Alterac Mountains (Chillwind Point, and the town of Strahnbrad).

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lordaeron
    Im aware, notice I said "Forsaken land" not Lordaeron. The Forsaken erroneously lay claim to parts of Lordaeron inhabited by living people, as well as want to hijack Gilneas, Hinterlands and Hillsbrad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    trust me if it wasnt for the threat of retaliation im willing to bet most blood elves would like to go back into isolation and do there own thing
    they would like, but it would be very risky
    And not just from retaliation from the Horde, but their old enemies may take that oppurtunity to crush them
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm not entirely sure the Blood Elves see it as an alliance of convenience anymore. I believe Theron identifies more with Thralls ideal of Horde being a sanctuary for the downtrodden rather than Sylvanas alliance of convenience after his recent quotes.
    with current events yes, but the blood elves were also in talks to rejoin the alliance before Jaina went off the deep end. but with that I'm sure Theron has to conclude that the alliance is not going to help his people. to me the BE's have always been more of: as long as you help us well be nice but when that ends well take our business elsewhere.

Im aware, notice I said "Forsaken land" not Lordaeron. The Forsaken erroneously lay claim to parts of Lordaeron inhabited by living people, as well as want to hijack Gilneas, Hinterlands and Hillsbrad.
    Sylvanas says that the people who once lived in the kingdom of lordaeron still live there in undeath. So the undead living in the plaguelands, hillabrad, etc are still the owners of that land, as they were once ruled part of lordaeron.