Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Of course, why would they use graphics almost a decade old if they didn't have to?
    They did basically that when they created WoW in the first place, so....

OT: I'm surprised they've not shown us more. We've know about it for what, like three or four years? Means it's probably been in development for five. What's the hold up?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-12-14 at 12:06 AM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they also didn't leak MoP until the Blizzcon reveal.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    They did basically that when they created WoW in the first place, so....

OT: I'm surprised they've not shown us more. We've know about it for what, like three or four years? Means it's probably been in development for five. What's the hold up?
    They said it's only been in heavy development for a few.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Because they also didn't leak MoP until the Blizzcon reveal.
    There was plenty of information out there on MOP prior to Blizzcon, I seem remember Daeity blogging about it before Blizzard trademarked the name. With Titan any information seems to be very thin on the ground.

Deleted
    the coockie (titan) is a lie

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There was plenty of information out there on MOP prior to Blizzcon, I seem remember Daeity blogging about it before Blizzard trademarked the name. With Titan any information seems to be very thin on the ground.
    Compared to Cata where the whole thing was leaked? Or Wrath? There was never a front page post on anything besides "latest people to ask a dev about what Mists of Pandaria is."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My prediction (I'm always wrong)

Titan will be announce 8-12 months before beta access begins. Beta access will be granted to Warcraft players who decide to purchase the Annual pass. This will be during a slow time of an expansion (typically towards the end). I think we'll get major information in one massive hit at the next Blizz-con. Just before the last patch on Mists.

I think Titan will be in a pretty good state once the general public see the game. Playable just very buggy!
    Until then, everything will just be rumours.

Because Blizzard is incredibly good at keeping secrets, and they also don't do the same sort of secret hint-dropping that Valve likes to dabble with.

They likely believe that by keeping the veil of secrecy so high, it's drumming up more hype than ever, because all anybody knows about it is the word 'Titan,' which probably isn't even its name.

They are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Compared to Cata where the whole thing was leaked? Or Wrath? There was never a front page post on anything besides "latest people to ask a dev about what Mists of Pandaria is."
    MMO-Champion did not post anything on MOP and threads with talking about it were quickly closed down. This is because Blizzard were not very happy that Worgen and Goblin masks were posted here prior to them being announced as playable races in Cata, for sometime MMO-Champion was removed by Blizzard on their list of fan sites (I don't know if they have been reinstated).

If you were so inclined it was not difficult to find sites that plenty of info on MOP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...
    As if diablo3 doesn't like like a game from 2006?

Deleted
    It is amazing that something havent been leaked. What - 100 ppl assigned to their new projekt? How do you avoid that one of those ppl talks abit to much, some intern catch a glimpse of concept arts or someone lose a usb pen with info on it. For several years.
    Its pretty impressive and very annoying lol.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mebbe Titan needs an awesome engine? I mean, nobody cares about leaking a new game engine.
    And once that engine is complete, they can make the car(?)
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Blizzard only does one thing successful, and that's build the best hype this world has ever seen. But if the past 3 years are any indication, that's all they do well. Blizzard has lost its fucking way, and I'm sure titan will be littered with money grabbing schemes and farmville quality depth.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just marketing. Look at what guildwars 2 was able to do with just talk around the net. *I LOVE GW2 NOT BASHING* Sometimes the best why to build hype is simply to do nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    It is amazing that something havent been leaked. What - 100 ppl assigned to their new projekt? How do you avoid that one of those ppl talks abit to much, some intern catch a glimpse of concept arts or someone lose a usb pen with info on it. For several years.
    Its pretty impressive and very annoying lol.
    It doesn't seem that hard to be quiet honest. With only 100 people working on it, you could easily control who has access to what, and if something like art work is leaked, they could quickly determine who it is, or how it got out, which in turn could cost you your job. Would you risk your job at blizzard to show some people you don't know, some art work that isn't final? I wouldn't.

It's a secret to everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am impressed that they have kept it very tight lipped. It certainly builds hype and curiosity for me, and I already have high expectations for it. Say what you want about WoW, but it has been a very good MMO and Titan will most likely be a modern approach with hopefully new innovations. And IIRC Blizzard took some of their lead WoW developers to help work on it, so I cannot wait for information to slowly come out, though I do assume it will probably be one big unveil next Blizzcon ish.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Usually there would be a leak of some sort, there is nothing at all out there. It is odd, what is with the secrecy?
    Because there is none. It was just a name of a project someone accidentally found years ago, and which frankly, was dismissed by blizz employees and lead developers ( even GC a few days ago ) numerous occasions.
    Oh and, why does everyone assume titan would be an mmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Because there is none. It was just a name of a project someone accidentally found years ago, and which frankly, was dismissed by blizz employees and lead developers ( even GC a few days ago ) numerous occasions.
    Oh and, why does everyone assume titan would be an mmo?
    Because Blizzard has been hiring for a "next gen MMO" for many years now and Blizzard has straight up confirmed it's an MMO like game that isn't intended to compete with WOW.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need to remember that the entirety our knowledge of Titan can be summed up in a single character:Ø
    Our knowledge of the game is a Null Set. We know it's some kind of MMO, and that's it. Hell, we don't even know what it'll be called, because Titan is just a code name, just like D3 was "Hydra", presumably because Hydra in WoW have three heads.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...
    That's like saying if Nokia releases a new phone I hope it's a touchscreen smartphone and not the 3210 again...