Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Next Expansion + Hero Class

so blizzard has stated we will be seeing Turalyon and Alleria are suppose to make a return next expansion so i would safely assume burning legion will be reintroduced?

and if the legion is making a return and thus outland i suppose, could we be seeing Demon Hunter? considering we still need another ranged / plate class or just another ranged weapon wielder

how about anyone else's thoughts on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Niellak View Post
    so blizzard has stated we will be seeing Turalyon and Alleria are suppose to make a return next expansion so i would safely assume burning legion will be reintroduced?

and if the legion is making a return and thus outland i suppose, could we be seeing Demon Hunter? considering we still need another ranged / plate class or just another ranged weapon wielder

Got any decent links that may verify this info?

Where do you get the idea that a demon hunter is ranged? Did you ever play WC3, or are you a diablo 3 person?

Deleted

i dont think we would go back to outland, maybe to use one of the portals there, but we have explored all of outland, that is all there is of it, a floating rock.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz wants to go big for their 10th anniversary (next expansion) then here's what they should do.

*10 levels
    *Arrakoa for Alliance
    *Ogre for Horde
    *Neutral Etheral
    *Demon Hunter Hero Class
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Demon hunters are a melee class in the Warcraft universe. If they are the next hero class, they will probably be some form of magic/melee akin to Death Knights. DPS/Tank class almost assuredly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Demon hunters are a melee class in the Warcraft universe. If they are the next hero class, they will probably be some form of magic/melee akin to Death Knights. DPS/Tank class almost assuredly.
    Nah, it'll be THE Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter won a poll for most desired new class by 50%.

To put that in numbers, the runner-up was Warmage.

If Warmage had 50 votes...
    Demon Hunter had 100 votes.

Niellak, you seem to be very mistaken on what a Demon Hunter actually is in the context of Warcraft lore.

They are a primarily melee class who uses demonic magic to enhance their fighting abilities. While they are not completely devoid of ranged abilities, giving them even a single dedicated ranged spec would be odd. Likewise they are portrayed universally as being unarmored, and while this is obviously not an option in WoW, anything beyond leather armor would be stretching their theme past the breaking point.

Overall, while they might fit in very well in a Burning Legion expansion pack, I honestly don't see them as being a viable class in the forseeable future. In a mechanical sense they don't really fill any niches that need filling. From a lore perspective there is very little they can do that Warlocks can't, plus their presence would screw Warlocks out of an expansion that could of been their time to shine.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Nah, it'll be THE Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter won a poll for most desired new class by 50%.

To put that in numbers, the runner-up was Warmage.

If Warmage had 50 votes...
    Demon Hunter had 100 votes.
    What is a warmage? sounds like a goofy mix between demon lock and monk

Well would be interesting to see what they add for this next exp though i doubt it will be 10 level though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What is a warmage? sounds like a goofy mix between demon lock and monk
    Warmage, also sometimes called Battlemage, is a Mage that fights in melee range.

It's a class that will never be added to WoW (it's essentially an enhancement shammy), but people seem to like the idea.

don't want another class.. would rather see more uniqueness or customization among existing specs. But since the trend is apparently removing customization and homogenizing classes, I guess that will never happen. whatever the new class is, it'll just be a rehash of something already existing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    don't want another class.. would rather see more uniqueness or customization among existing specs. But since the trend is apparently removing customization and homogenizing classes, I guess that will never happen. whatever the new class is, it'll just be a rehash of something already existing anyway.
    They could add a bunch more moves that we only use once per raid, they could add fourth specs that for over half the classes would just be a rehash of their existing dps spec, or they could add brand new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    or they could add brand new classes.
    Which could just as easily end up as a rehash of already existing classes. Not really that helpful.

I always hoped the next class would be range-weapon-wielding caster (i.e uses magic and also a bow/gun).
    Not sure what class in Warcraft Lore would really fit that though, maybe a Naga Sea Witch (being race-restricted has never stopped blizz in the past) but surely there's a something better.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which could just as easily end up as a rehash of already existing classes. Not really that helpful.
    Yeah, this was the original point I was trying to make

The "facts" are pretty much this:

1) The next expansion will likely deal with the Burning Legion.
    2) The next class will likely wear mail armour to shore up loot balances, sharing gear with shamans and hunters.
    3) The next class (which, in all likelihood, will probably be a "hero" class akin to the Death Knight) will also likely be the Demon Hunter.

1 and 3 have their own basis in speculation and aren't directly related, 'though it's easy to see how they fit together. As for 2 and 3, I'm not saying that demon hunters will wear mail armour — but demon hunters will likely wear mail armour.

A spear/javelin throwing class would be awesome in my opinion. Not sure how it would be added but I think it would be a great concept. Much like the Amazon of D2 possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of the next class, it will more than likely be a ranged class. My guess would be a ranger type similar to the Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon, and Warden hero units of WC3.

They could wear mail armor like hunters, have a spec that uses INT mail for a healing or for Magic laced abilities, and actually shares Bows with Hunters. More importantly it will fill the niche of a non-pet physical ranged class. This class could be a Hybrid DPS/Healing class or all DPS.

Possible abilities:
    Shadow Strike
    Searing Arrow
    Owl Scout
    Cold Arrow
    Charm

The other option would be Tinkers. Tinkers could have the same attributes of the Ranger class above, but utilize the characteristics of the Goblin Tinker and Goblin Alchemist Hero units from WC3. This class could be a hybrid DPS/TANK/Healing class, or just a DPS class.

Possible abilities:
    Pocket Factory
    Acid Bomb
    Healing Spray
    Chemical Rage

The Ranger class could be a hero class.

I don't believe we're going to see a Demon Hunter class because its iconic ability is firmly owned by Warlocks, and after Death Knights and Monks, I think we need a new ranged class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2012-12-14 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they make ogres a playable race in the horde i dont really care about the new hero class