hello everyone. Since arcane is the top dps , i wanted to switch over and focus future gear for arcane but one thing is bugging me. When i go on mr robot , try the best in slot option for arcane build ( 502+ gear) , it gives me a total score equal to my current fire gear ( 484 many lfr crap).

I tried adding some arcane gear to my fire set and reforging to mastery but arcane was still a bit below fire. So im wondering how accurate is mr robot ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seph213 View Post
    hello everyone. Since arcane is the top dps , i wanted to switch over and focus future gear for arcane but one thing is bugging me. When i go on mr robot , try the best in slot option for arcane build ( 502+ gear) , it gives me a total score equal to my current fire gear ( 484 many lfr crap).

I tried adding some arcane gear to my fire set and reforging to mastery but arcane was still a bit below fire. So im wondering how accurate is mr robot ?
    The default settings for Mr Robot are complete shit. Also, you can't use those ratings to compare different specs. All it's doing is summing up the total of the weighted values. It's not giving you a dps score.

Deleted
    I'm trying to use simcraft to see what should be my performance doing charge camping, I wrote this in Overrides

Code:
    actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react
    actions+=/cancel_buff,name=alter_time,moving=1
    actions+=/conjure_mana_gem,if=mana_gem_charges<3&target.debuff.invulnerable.react
    actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5
    actions+=/arcane_power,if=target.time_to_die<18
    actions+=/alter_time,if=buff.alter_time.down&buff.arcane_power.up&buff.arcane_missiles.stack=2&buff.arcane_charge.stack>3&buff.rune_of_power.remains>6,moving=0
    actions+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.alter_time.up&buff.presence_of_mind.up
    actions+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.alter_time.up|buff.arcane_missiles.stack=2
    actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.down&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.arcane_power.up|target.time_to_die<=50
    actions+=/mana_gem,if=mana.pct<84&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/mirror_image
    actions+=/arcane_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains>15&buff.alter_time.down&buff.arcane_charge.stack>1
    actions+=/use_item,name=flashfrozen_resin_globule,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains>15&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/nether_tempest,if=(!ticking|remains<tick_time)&target.time_to_die>6
    actions+=/arcane_blast,if=mana.pct>92
    actions+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react&(cooldown.alter_time_activate.remains>4|target.time_to_die<10)
    actions+=/scorch
    actions+=/arcane_barrage,moving=1
    actions+=/fire_blast,moving=1
    actions+=/ice_lance,moving=1
    That's correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    why do people sacrifice so much mastery for haste??

have you guys tried switching armor from mage>frost??

posting this because some fights requires you to have Living bomb rather than NT and extra haste on living bomb wont get you anywhere near the next tick
    Which fight "requires" living bomb? just out of curiosity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Probably referring to Windlord with Glyph of Fire Blast.

Not sure if windlord requires living bomb
    Seeing as your always fishing for AM procs and NT application is a good way to do that.
    I find NT then AB, during AB tab to next mob usually grants a very nice number of AMs while applying NT to a large number of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Not sure if windlord requires living bomb
    Seeing as your always fishing for AM procs and NT application is a good way to do that.
    I find NT then AB, during AB tab to next mob usually grants a very nice number of AMs while applying NT to a large number of mobs.
    you do less damage overall with NT am fishing

feng,elegon(for adds at least for me), garalon, windlord, empress, protector(if u want to pad meters+chance to fish AM)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

you do less damage overall with NT am fishing
    you sure about that?
    With multiple targets available like in wind lord I am getting just as many AM procs as i would fishing with scorch (maybe more as NT's cast time is instant vs scorch) only I able to do so with a spell that hits much harder than scorch. Jump into LFR and give it a crack if you are not keen to try it on your regular guild run.

On a single target fight I would fish with scorch, but with multiple targets i get a crazy amount of AM's with NT application.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2012-12-13 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure about that?
    With multiple targets available like in wind lord I am getting just as many AM procs as i would fishing with scorch (maybe more as NT's cast time is instant vs scorch) only I able to do so with a spell that hits much harder than scorch. Jump into LFR and give it a crack if you are not keen to try it on your regular guild run.

On a single target fight I would fish with scorch, but with multiple targets i get a crazy amount of AM's with NT application.
    Scorch should be at the GCD, same as NT. The only difference is whether they go off at the start or end of the GCD.

You get an AM at the end of your scorch cast
    You get an AM the moment you apply NT. Minimal difference as i said "maybe" it was just a good run i had that let me feel like i was churning AM's like crazy.
    point remains. I do more over all dmg trying to fish for AM procs with tab target NT than i do with LB+Glyph and scorch fishing.
    Wind lord only. keep that in mind.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2012-12-13 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For AoE, why would you use Scorch to fish for AM? I use AE.

EDIT: For Wind Lord, there doesn't seem to be much difference. The top 20 WoL is a smorgasbord of different styles. Some NT spam, others FBomb with AE spam, others LB+Glyph with AE spam. Some don't AE at all even with FBomb or LB+Glyph.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-12-13 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    For AoE, why would you use Scorch to fish for AM? I use AE.

EDIT: For Wind Lord, there doesn't seem to be much difference. The top 20 WoL is a smorgasbord of different styles. Some NT spam, others FBomb with AE spam, others LB+Glyph with AE spam. Some don't AE at all even with FBomb or LB+Glyph.
    AN this is why im loving Arcane right now. there is more choice available for Arcane than any other mage spec. I dont see any requirement for LB+Glyph and thats a good thing.

AN this is why im loving Arcane right now. there is more choice available for Arcane than any other mage spec. I dont see any requirement for LB+Glyph and thats a good thing.
    And you just drove urself into that mine didn't u

Tier 6 talents say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And you just drove urself into that mine didn't u

Tier 6 talents say hello.
    God dam it, I knew someone would go there... Yes you kinda feel locked into RoP but everything else seems flexible. Frost and fire are not so lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    I'm trying to use simcraft to see what should be my performance doing charge camping, I wrote this in Overrides

Code:
    actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react
    actions+=/cancel_buff,name=alter_time,moving=1
    actions+=/conjure_mana_gem,if=mana_gem_charges<3&target.debuff.invulnerable.react
    actions+=/time_warp,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5
    actions+=/arcane_power,if=target.time_to_die<18
    actions+=/alter_time,if=buff.alter_time.down&buff.arcane_power.up&buff.arcane_missiles.stack=2&buff.arcane_charge.stack>3&buff.rune_of_power.remains>6,moving=0
    actions+=/arcane_blast,if=buff.alter_time.up&buff.presence_of_mind.up
    actions+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.alter_time.up|buff.arcane_missiles.stack=2
    actions+=/rune_of_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.down&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.arcane_power.up|target.time_to_die<=50
    actions+=/mana_gem,if=mana.pct<84&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/mirror_image
    actions+=/arcane_power,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains>15&buff.alter_time.down&buff.arcane_charge.stack>1
    actions+=/use_item,name=flashfrozen_resin_globule,if=buff.rune_of_power.remains>15&buff.alter_time.down
    actions+=/nether_tempest,if=(!ticking|remains<tick_time)&target.time_to_die>6
    actions+=/arcane_blast,if=mana.pct>92
    actions+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react&(cooldown.alter_time_activate.remains>4|target.time_to_die<10)
    actions+=/scorch
    actions+=/arcane_barrage,moving=1
    actions+=/fire_blast,moving=1
    actions+=/ice_lance,moving=1
    That's correct?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mping-rotation This action list sims higher than yours in my gear.

God dam it, I knew someone would go there... Yes you kinda feel locked into RoP but everything else seems flexible. Frost and fire are not so lucky.
    Really? I feel like fire has the most choice of talents of any of the specs, I don't feel locked to any particular talent with fire while when I play arcane I feel locked to RoP and as frost, frost bomb goes so well with consistent FFB procs that it feels like it was just meant to be in that rotation.

Really? I feel like fire has the most choice of talents of any of the specs, I don't feel locked to any particular talent with fire while when I play arcane I feel locked to RoP and as frost, frost bomb goes so well with consistent FFB procs that it feels like it was just meant to be in that rotation.
    The only lock in for Arcane is RoP.
    You can gear haste or mastery for arc. no other spec allows this
    you have a choice of rotation, scorch wave or Abarr dump. LB or NT or FB (unless you have LotC)
    I have more options with my glyphs than any other spec (mostly because they offer little to no dps increase, yes glyph of AP can be a hindrance to some play styles)

as a comparison you gear for crit and only crit as fire
    haste and only haste as frost
    the choice of spells to use in your rotation are always the same no matter the encounter or style of the player.
    its rare to change glyphs in frost and fire, as most glyphs are clear cut dps increases.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't claim that this rotation is the best, it is just what some mages have been using and producing good results with as of lately.

The 6 charge scorch camp rotation as I see it:
    1. Keep the mage bomb of your choice up
    2. Stack your charges to 6 by spamming ab immediately
    3. At 6 stacks your goal is to keep your mana at 88-90%+ at all times.
    4. Your rotation at this point is AB, X, AB, X, AB, X, etc. X = Arcane missles if up, if not scorch
    5.During heroism it is sometimes possible to AB twice before using missles and stay at 90+ (test this out on your own, I'm not sure what kind of gear/haste level is needed for this to work)
    6. When alter time is up and heroism is also up during a fight (usually at the beginning) you use it after popping arcane power as well as having 2 arcane missles procs. After you hit alter time immediately use arcane blast followed by AB, missles, another ab, and then barrage the instant before your alter time fades which in turn will return you all your charges and 2 arcane missles procs. You then go back to your normal rotation.
    7. If hero is not up during alter time I find it best to use AB, missles, missles, barrage, but again this may not be optimal.

Note: this is not a priority list, obviously, just some notes on how the rotation works. If someone wants to correct me on something or make it into an actual priority list be my guest.
    As someone with almost Full CRIT based gear, this method seems like its going to be the best for me until I get more Mastery gear. It seems I had quite a bit of haste on my gear, so just easier to switch to this style. I have a few questions I noticed while testing this:

1) I have the 4p, its great for Arcane, however besides obvious burns (like at the start) should I be blowing it on CD or waiting for Procs to line up?

2) What is the rotation when Arcane Power is being used without lust? Or do you just follow the same rotation? (although wouldn't your mana be too low as it can't catch up)

3) Should I go 'All In Haste', meaning just max out haste, then mastery then crit. With gemming for Haste as well? Or is there a haste 'cap' as a goblin I should be worried about

I am glad to see the Arcane is viable for us, as my raid performance as fire is horrendous...

Deleted
    Guys im wondering wich enchant is better fo my Regail's Crackling Dagger (Elite) , Windsong or Jade spirit ? Also playing arcane im curiouse about this elite dagger , is it better than sha 1 hand or staff or should i roll for sha weapon in future ? ( combo of this elite + offhand awsome mastery upgrade for my arcane )
    Also a bit confused with trinkets .. Got DM trink (upgraded it ) also have Essence of Terror and Light of Cosmos (both LFR) So wich combo i should use Thank you in advance .
    Last edited by mmocc3b531da29; 2012-12-14 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arghh151 View Post
    As someone with almost Full CRIT based gear, this method seems like its going to be the best for me until I get more Mastery gear. It seems I had quite a bit of haste on my gear, so just easier to switch to this style. I have a few questions I noticed while testing this:

1) I have the 4p, its great for Arcane, however besides obvious burns (like at the start) should I be blowing it on CD or waiting for Procs to line up?

2) What is the rotation when Arcane Power is being used without lust? Or do you just follow the same rotation? (although wouldn't your mana be too low as it can't catch up)

3) Should I go 'All In Haste', meaning just max out haste, then mastery then crit. With gemming for Haste as well? Or is there a haste 'cap' as a goblin I should be worried about

I am glad to see the Arcane is viable for us, as my raid performance as fire is horrendous...
    1) I use it the next time it's up and other int procs are up as well (which is usually as very soon after it's off cd). You want to glyph AP on fights with burn phases such as wind lord heroic.
    2)I personally follow the same rotation and maybe missles twice every so often if I have it to catch up if my mana falls too low.
    3) Most top mages are going full mastery, but haste and mastery are very close in stat weights so they end up being pretty similar dps.

As a note, in those steps I typed out I fucked up the alter time part. It should say AB, AM, AB, AM, Barrage. Also another random note, you never want to missles at full mana ever.