Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation [Talents] Dec 13 Frostbomb Hotfix

~30% less damage than before without fireblast glyph, still 50% less when exploded with fireblast. The duration of the debuff was reduced to 4 seconds.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415601502

Frostbomb has just been hotfixed, again. Thats twice in 3 days.

GG Blizz, keep it up.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Deleted
    I didn't notice the 50% with FireBlast, Screenshots on this thread

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23.../page__st__100

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing a 30% change in the dmg, but I do see the reduced time before it explodes.

The thread says 20% and against other players, where are you getting those 30% from?

Its not affecting PvE at all, or at least damage wise, its -20% against players

Was about time. I hate to be spit upon just because i play a mage and potentially are op in pvp.

Deleted
    It's about time they learned to nerf only for PvP and leave PvE uneffected, now they need to do this with every class and spec.

This hotfix, while intended as a PVP nerf, really made Frost Bomb better in PVE since it explodes so fast now, and I might consider it on a few more fights, not just as Frost either. Like on Tsulong and Feng. It's without a doubt the best talent for solo play too. Loving it so far. Sub 4 second explosions.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-12-14 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    This hotfix, while intended as a PVP nerf, really made Frost Bomb better in PVE since it explodes so fast now, and I might consider it on a few more fights, not just as Frost either. Like on Tsulong and Feng. It's without a doubt the best talent for solo play too. Loving it so far. Sub 4 second explosions.
    better in PvE? It really makes no difference be it 4 or 12 secs explosion in pve, what really is annoying though is that you cant use the forced explosion anymore in pve. So all in all its decent for them to change it to faster explosion, but as for it making me pick it for anything exept huge AoE packs, not really nope, I still dont like the cast time at least as arcane, cause your bomb is really your only "free movement" spell atm..

Deleted
    I'm seeing the exact same numbers, wether I use the forced explosion or let it explode automatically.
    Around 53,9k non crit @ ca. 19k spellpower against PvE targets. (Bunnies @ ranch + dummies)

Does that mean the hotfix isn't applied, or is the damage reduce against players only?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would stop messing with it, live realms aren't meant for testing. They should be doing this internally or on the ptr.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I'm seeing the exact same numbers, wether I use the forced explosion or let it explode automatically.
    Around 53,9k non crit @ ca. 19k spellpower against PvE targets. (Bunnies @ ranch + dummies)

Does that mean the hotfix isn't applied, or is the damage reduce against players only?
    Only against player targets.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I wish they would stop messing with it, live realms aren't meant for testing. They should be doing this internally or on the ptr.
    I prefer the speed at which they are balancing things now compared to waiting months for things to come from PTR.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Was about time. I hate to be spit upon just because i play a mage and potentially are op in pvp.
    Welcome to the days that you are now laughed at in PvP (an exageration, yes, but we're getting there if they follow through with their intended instant CC nerfs they've been hinting at).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415601502

Frostbomb has just been hotfixed, again. Thats twice in 3 days.

GG Blizz, keep it up.
    Players whine if fixes take months to arrive. - Start fixing!
    Players whine if fixed are implemented quickly, then finetuned quickly. - Stop fixing!

GG OP
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    better in PvE? It really makes no difference be it 4 or 12 secs explosion in pve, what really is annoying though is that you cant use the forced explosion anymore in pve. So all in all its decent for them to change it to faster explosion, but as for it making me pick it for anything exept huge AoE packs, not really nope, I still dont like the cast time at least as arcane, cause your bomb is really your only "free movement" spell atm..
    Well I'm Fire on Tsulong and Feng, and I might pick up Frost Bomb for those 2 fights now. It's true I could have been just using the glyph already I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Players whine if fixed are implemented quickly, then finetuned quickly. - Stop fixing!

GG OP
    Yeah, I prefer the current rate of change compared to what we had in Vanilla and TBC (hell, even WotLK).
    BfA Beta Time

It's nice that now the duration is same as deep freeze, so shatter combo remains valueable, also 4s = 1\2CC or full silence, so we don't have to full CC healer just to deal any burst damage(which our class is supposed to). Somehow devs realised that 2 rulesets are required in some cases to balance things, really GJ.
    P.S. Though fireblast glyph needs some tuning IMO.
    Last edited by Aet3ra; 2012-12-15 at 10:43 AM.

So they reduce the time to explode by 33%, but only reduce the damage by 20% and people are saying this is a Nerf for PvP?

Imo it should've kept its normal 6secs and done 30% less against Players.

Get hit for 109k frost bomb crits was fucking stupid. Now I'll get hit for 80k but 2 secs faster, which is also just as moronic.

GG's balancing.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    So they reduce the time to explode by 33%, but only reduce the damage by 20% and people are saying this is a Nerf for PvP?

Imo it should've kept its normal 6secs and done 30% less against Players.

Get hit for 109k frost bomb crits was fucking stupid. Now I'll get hit for 80k but 2 secs faster, which is also just as moronic.

GG's balancing.
    They didn't reduce the explosion time by 33%, the original timer was 5 seconds and it has now been hot fixed to 4 seconds, while dealing 20% less damage to players and 50% less damage if you take the glyph. When compared to the original spell, that did 100% of its damage after 1 second had passed...yes, this is a nerf. If you ignore the use of the Fire Blast glyph perviously, then the change is neutral, it's in no way a buff though.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

GG OP
    Riiiight, coz buffing ignite, then nerfing it, then nerfing frostbomb, then buffing it, then nerfing it again, then buffing it, then nerfing it again all within the period of one week constitutes "fixing" things, right?
    As in, those were exactly the "fixes" mages have been begging for for months now, right? Those are exactly the things that mages thought were broken for the class and hence, needed fixing, right?

Please.. if you even bothered to look at the facts before spewing nonsense you would realize how foolish your statements are.

Yes, I know, facts can be surprising. I know, you are surprised, since the facts show that there is no "fixing" going on, just "blind buffing and nerfing in a random fashion". I know, you want to show your surprise, but you can't get blizz's c**k out of your mouth long enough for you to make the face.

If you really think that mages were asking for any of these changes, that we were "whining for months for these fixes to arrive" as you put it, then you have probably been deep-throating that thing for longer than is healthy. You really should consider taking a step back and taking a breath, or at least, brushing your teeth. Because you seem to be woefully uninformed about the reality of the situation, even though that doesn't deter you from giving your oh so exalted opinion on the matter.

For the record. I have absolutely no problem with fast, efficient, well thought out change. But what Blizz has been doing is completely the opposite of that.

I mean seriously, look at the facts. They buffed ignite, then THREE days later they nerfed it. And the amounts weren't like 1% or 2% here or there, it was a wild swinging of 100% to 50% and back and forth.

I have no problem riding a fast car, as long as I have confidence that they guy behind the wheel knows wtf he is doing.

If anything has been shown these past few weeks its that, at least as far as mages are concerned, blizz has no effing clue wtf they are on about.

That is not the change we need (perhaps it is the change we deserve though, especially since we have somewhat resigned ourselves to leave the fate of the mage class in the hands of people like Lhivera).
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.