View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Jack the Ripper, killed how many people? Without a gun. They stopped him when? That's what I thought...
    Didn't seem too hard for him, with just a knife.
    Yeah, a guy who killed 5-9 people, one at a time over the course of months in 1888 is comparable to people killing anywhere between 3-5 times that amount in a single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Im just glad the shooter also died. Last thing we need is some soulless, asshole, lawyer trying to get that sick son of a bitch off on an insanity defense.
    What other way would you describe him? Don't say evil because that doesn't actually exist.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Your not getting the point people that are mentally sick are going to hurt other people guns or no guns.
    Yes but try to kill 26 people bare handed or with a knife before getting shot by the police or arrested, and see what the difference is.

Killing a man with a knife is also a lot harder then with a gun because there is a certain disconnect with he gun that you don't have with a knife.

But how much of those stats are gang related? I mean do people really care when criminals are killing other criminals and Im willing to be a large majority of that US number is because of gang shootings.
    That makes it ok then.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Your not getting the point people that are mentally sick are going to hurt other people guns or no guns.
    What you seem to don't understand is that guns empower those people to hurt more people. Also, do you know that many people feel empowered by a gun? Do you think a person who feels empowered is going to be more likely or less likely to fulfill their violent desires?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    I've a pretty metered opinion, but I'd like first to address your misinformation. No American current has the right to bear a fully automatic weapon except certain military and police. All civilian-grade variants are required to be maintained in semi-automatic capability by law. Also, Switzerland has a comparable rate of per capita firearms, and an almost non-existent rate of gun violence.

The problem isn't the guns. The problem is the gun culture. On to my thoughts, now.

This is why I can't get behind Gun Control advocates. Because it takes all of two sentences for them to turn into Gun Abolishionists. There is a stark, stark difference. And let's be real - the only way to repeal the 2nd Amendment is to pass another Amendment repealing it. Even if it were viable, it would cleave the country in two, and bring us to the brink of civil war.

We should instead revise the Amendment to make it a right to own guns for all persons over a certain age who pass background checks, firearms safety training, and psychological profiling. We should institute recurring re-certification requirements, testing, and training.

If it's worth having guns around, then it's worth being vigilant, competent, and changing the ridiculuos gun culture that we currently have. But so long as the hacks keep screaming their respective brand of extremism - nothing will be done. You want to blame somebody? Blame the NRA. Blame the gun abolitionsists. And blame the moderates who've yet found their voice - because they truly are the only ones capable of adopting a feasible solution.
    ^Exactly my opinion on this.
    Anyway, I feel that we Americans should be in mourning for the families and people affected by this calamity instead of debating gun restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes the human is the problem but the person who obviously shoots many people, especialy children is not in his right mind. What Schwarzkopf is saying you cant take a care and drive it into a elementary school or shopping mall and kill 20 people.
    but he could have even easier built a fertilizer bomb and blown the entire school up, killing who knows how many. and that stuff is easier to get than a gun.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    But how much of those stats are gang related? I mean do people really care when criminals are killing other criminals and Im willing to be a large majority of that US number is because of gang shootings.
    That is true but question is if compareable western countries doesnt have as high% of their gun crimes also involving different types of criminals.
    Im inclined to think so but yea a very large portion of the US pins in that list is by gangrelated crimes. Bigger gangproblem, more pins in the list basically.
    That being said it does not at all contribute to the differences alone as a whole.
    At least that list shows that countries with regulated gun laws suffer way less per capita, not that it can be compared in avaccum though cos those countries had regulations since day one.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Also, medical malpractice kills far more people than guns. Should we ban them? The deaths caused by malpractice is done in the same ways. Accidental, intentional, and lack of capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    What other way would you describe him? Don't say evil because that doesn't actually exist.
    Without further evidence, I wouldn't describe him as insane or evil yet. I think there's a good chance he was insane, but it's not really a fact at this point. I don't think Anders Breivik was insane.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Someudontno View Post
    Anyway, I feel that we Americans should be in mourning for the families and people affected by this calamity instead of debating gun restrictions.
    My mourning will do them absolutely no good (although I am pretty rattled by the incident). If this isn't an appropriate time to advocate policy and cultural changes, when is?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Without further evidence, I wouldn't describe him as insane or evil yet. I think there's a good chance he was insane, but it's not really a fact at this point. I don't think Anders Breivik was insane.
    I feel like somebody who would go to such lengths to hurt others and then pretend to be insane is actually probably insane. Like, it is not normal thinking to pretend that you are insane, especially for somebody who claimed to be politically motivated in their killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    Also, medical malpractice kills far more people than guns. Should we ban them? The deaths caused by malpractice is done in the same ways. Accidental, intentional, and lack of capacity.
    Hmm, medicine, something designed to help people vs. guns, something designed only to harm. I wonder...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is proof of how Money > people

It's not the first time.. not the second, not even the third.. it has happened so many times.. in any other place weapons would have been banned, but here is a lot of money to simply ban them.

Reminds me to the Boeing b747. It should have been grounded till it's cargo door mechanisms were fixed... but that never happened because that would have costed a lot of people. So tehy decided to keep the planes going on while investigating a failure, risking lifes.

But hey, it's not USA or US brands to blame... it happens all over the globe...

Oh look at that. News just reported the guns used where legally owned by his mother. Who he killed and took the weapons. Guess gun control laws would have stopped that. She was a legal owner and a teacher of the kids killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    yea im sure intentional malpractician is very common herp derp.. and that is the most logic part in your statement, says alot.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    That makes it ok then.
    Sure does. If a bunch of criminals wanna kill each other thats fine by me. Means less dangerous people out there and less money spent taking them to trial and keeping them in prison. I say take all criminals put them on an island with a bunch of guns and let Darwinism take over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    You know, with all the shootings we've had in the last year, I find it difficult to take the GOP's gun control position seriously anymore.

Something's gotta be done. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
    how is that gun ban working in Chicago?

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-murd...0,536537.story

only took them 9 months to murder 400 people... and thats with one of the strictest gun bans in the US

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is no reason to limit gun freedom, just make it as hard to get a gun licence as it is to get a car licence - is that REALLY too much to ask ?
    I don't know how hard it was for you to get your driver's license, but for me, I went to the state troopers office, took a written test, and drove around with a trooper for about 10 minutes while he instructed me to do certain maneuvers. Not very difficult.

Also, I don't think we need more laws governing who can own guns, we just need to have more rigorous background checks as well as mental stability testing before being able to have a firearm.

Something interesting:

Today in The People's Republic of China there was an attack on a school. The attack was carried out with a knife. 22 were left injured.

Today in The United States of America there was an attack on a school. The attack was carried out with a gun. 26 were left dead.

Food for thought I suppose.

Sure does. If a bunch of criminals wanna kill each other thats fine by me. Means less dangerous people out there and less money spent taking them to trial and keeping them in prison. I say take all criminals put them on an island with a bunch of guns and let Darwinism take over.
    Yeah, because putting criminals on an island to fight it out has to do with biological evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Something interesting:

Today in The People's Republic of China there was an attack on a school. The attack was carried out with a knife. 22 were left injured.

Today in The United States of America there was an attack on a school. The attack was carried out with a gun. 26 were left dead.

Food for thought I suppose.
    Indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.ca.msn.com/world/20-chil...in-connecticut

News reports are all over the fucking place, constantly changing, as expected. Watched Obama do a press reported on the news, started fake crying.

This is just going off first report, but noticed some interesting things.

Dec 14, 2012: (Today)

-1+4=5.
    -2+0+1+2=5.

27 people reported dead, 18 of them children:

-2+7=9
    -1+8=9
    -27 total dead -18 children=9 Adults killed.

-18+9=27, obviously. But from the top 3 points, so does 9+9+9=27 total killed.
    -Also from the top 2 points, 9+9=18/ or 18 children killed.

Add the numerology of the people that died(27), with that of the date(14):

-2+7=9.
    -1+4=5.
    -9+5=14= 14th of the month.

Shooter had 2 pistols, and a .223 with him:

-2+2+2+3=9.

This shooting is the 2nd deadliest shooting since Virginia Tech on April 16, 2007, which left 32 people dead.

-April is the 4th month
    -16, or 1+6=7
    -4+7=11

-(2007)2+0+0+7=9.
    -(32 killed) 3+2=5.

-9+5=Again the number 14/ or 14th of this month when the shooting happened.

Second deadliest school shooting on the Numerological Eve of the first shooting.

9s, 5s and 11s are always present with shit like this, just saying....
    Last edited by Synros; 2012-12-14 at 11:47 PM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Said it in the other thread, gun control now is pointless. It's too late. Should have done it decades ago before it all went to pot...doing it now is just polishing the brass on the Titanic.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.