Deleted

Display driver (I think) keeps crashing

Hi all,

I have an XFX Radeon 7970 HD black edition, and I think the driver for it is crashing over and over. Basically, I'll be doing something (doesn't really matter what, crashes as often while on firefox as it does when I'm doing anything else), and the screen will change into a dull green or blue, with vertical bars of a similar colour on it, working fine on restart. I can still transmit and receive sounds through skype. It started at the beginning of this week, shortly after I got Dota 2, and has been happening on and off since then. Sometimes it won't crash at all for a day, sometimes it'll crash twice in 5 minutes.

I've had the card for a few months now, with no other problems. So far I've tried getting MSI afterburner and changing one of the config settings, and downloading new drivers, neither of which have worked. Anyone else had this problem, and any suggestions to fix it?

Edit: I think something slightly different may be happening now, because I just had the screen go completely black, then a couple of minutes after restart, it went completely white, neither of which have happened before. Both times this happened while on firefox.
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2012-12-15 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    Hi all,

I have an XFX Radeon 7970 HD black edition, and I think the driver for it is crashing over and over. Basically, I'll be doing something (doesn't really matter what, crashes as often while on firefox as it does when I'm doing anything else), and the screen will change into a dull green or blue, with vertical bars of a similar colour on it, working fine on restart. I can still transmit and receive sounds through skype. It started at the beginning of this week, shortly after I got Dota 2, and has been happening on and off since then. Sometimes it won't crash at all for a day, sometimes it'll crash twice in 5 minutes.

I've had the card for a few months now, with no other problems. So far I've tried getting MSI afterburner and changing one of the config settings, and downloading new drivers, neither of which have worked. Anyone else had this problem, and any suggestions to fix it?

Edit: I think something slightly different may be happening now, because I just had the screen go completely black, then a couple of minutes after restart, it went completely white, neither of which have happened before. Both times this happened while on firefox.
    You need to completely remove the drivers and install the newest beta drivers, I'd also suggest monitoring temperatures.

Deleted
    Temperatures are fine, I'll try removing all drivers tomorrow. Thanks.

I'm having something similar on my 560ti even on stock settings. I'm willing to believe its firefox to blame or flash player (I get green/blue squares on random spots on the screen). Tried pretty much every nvidia drivers from 306.xx till current beta.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz