Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There is no longer a lvl 80 bracket in PvE. PvP, however, yea, I can see that. Having a lvl 80 player pop in with full 409s would make him a mini-raid boss in pvp.
    Not strictly true, it's just not the same PvE as it is in any other bracket, since the hardest content is 5mannable (or soloable depending on the class)

PvP got wrecked by the 409s. Some classes are great, others aren't, and everyone has to stack as much resilience as humanly possible to even compete.

Deleted
    Don't like it? Level up to 90 then.
    Those items will NOT be removed, end of discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Don't like it? Level up to 90 then.
    Those items will NOT be removed, end of discussion.
    I dont like it. My level 80 paladin shouldn't be able to solo Lich King heroic 25man - something the best level 90 players at solo in the world aren't able to do.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-12-15 at 12:40 PM.

How is this gear any different to being able to use Cataclysm gear at level 77? Go in to a random bg in the 75-79 bracket and look at the players with 60k hp in over 300ilvl gear one shotting everyone.

Seems like this is nothing new to MoP and isn't a bug or anything of the sort that some people are claiming.

Grats to OP and friends for finding a new way to enjoy the game that isn't just max level grind. I am sure you had a lot of fun doing this. Haters gonna hate etc...

Deleted
    Those 409 ilvl items really should be level 85 gear - this is already on-par to heroic DS gear for 85's (best gear 85s could wear during Cata was 410 or occasional 416 from two final bosses) and scaling of these BOEs on level 80 toons is plain batshit crazy.

Some ilvl 308 blues in Cata were acceptable, this ilvl wasn't much above best gear they could wear during 80 content (277 ICC25 HC gear, 284 RoS25HC and LK 25HC gear) but now it's over 120 freaking ilevels. O_o

Deleted
    About to start our level 80 Dragon Soul heroic raid. Stream can be found at: http://www.twitch.tv/nezikkk

We're expecting a lot of wipes :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:51 PM ----------

Managed 5/8 Will try the remaining 3 another time (hopefully next week).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    About to start our level 80 Dragon Soul heroic raid. Stream can be found at: http://www.twitch.tv/nezikkk

Wow nice! Good luck with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post

Congrats

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

Deleted
    Uploaded the first 2 heroic bosses A bit more interesting to watch than the normal mode videos (like promised!)

Congrats, was just about time some twinks do odd stuff. After we saw was it LK25, or 10 on level 80 solo'd by a DK, I knew it would be easy to do 85 raids.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I dont like it. My level 80 paladin shouldn't be able to solo Lich King heroic 25man - something the best level 90 players at solo in the world aren't able to do.
    Uh, you do know that those level 90's will have higher base stats and higher gear than your level 80 in 409 gear right? Alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Uh, you do know that those level 90's will have higher base stats and higher gear than your level 80 in 409 gear right? Alot more.
    not with the way secondary stats work.

lol? you can get a lot of amazing mists IL gear at 80 to increase your stats by stupid amounts

not impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    lol? you can get a lot of amazing mists IL gear at 80 to increase your stats by stupid amounts

not impressed.
    Pity, the raid was a real challenge. Working out newer tactics for bosses that only apply to level 80 is fun, especially when we were the first to try it.

Deleted
    Wasnt there some video of an 80's dk soloing heroic ds bosses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    pretty sure ragewyn's (spelling) crew did an all dk clear - i.e. still 25 players....but it was all dk's. dunno if it was hm tho

also remember when comparing stats/ranks/dmg/heals/etc between 80s and 85s the secondary stat scaling (already brought up) AND the 35% dmg/hp reduction of the bosses really can't be overlooked (and has also been brought up, just not mentioned enough imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    it was some firelands bosses, and i believe the major one was heroic baleroc because no attacks could ever hit him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If they were fully decked out in 400 ilvl gear at 80, the tanks are ALMOST unhittable, the dps have INSANE stats (Crit capped, 20-25% hit, 1.0 sec GCD cap, HUGE amounts of mastery) and the healers could spam flash heal all day without going oom. Heck, with those stats, its possible for some classes that scale REALLY well with secondaries to outpreform what they would do at 85 in the same gear.

It is still fairly impressive ^.^ How would heroic go?
    I actually think it's unusual for classes *not* to outperform what they'd do at 85. Levels do matter for PvE though - if bosses were a static 3 levels above you, 80s would probably be able to compete with some 90s.

I have a twinked Shadow Priest at 80, and I can do up to 100k DPS burst and 50-60k sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Base stats, sure. Secondary stats, not even close. My Priest is above Mastery cap when my Windsong decides to proc Mastery (80% passively), I have 40% crit, 43% haste and 7.5k Spellpower (not a Secondary stat, just added it for comparison). This is without buffs, outside of Shadowform. I still have a couple of items to upgrade, too.

Also, your signature has quite a few errors to the point that it almost doesn't make sense anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-12-17 at 08:16 AM.

pretty sure crushing blows have been gone since wotlk launched

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

not impressed.
    The fact that these level 80's have the get up and go to actually do the raid and do it well, is more than impressive, so what if they have increased stats, that is blizzard's fault not the lvl 80's actually doing stuff that no one else has done.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it was some firelands bosses, and i believe the major one was heroic baleroc because no attacks could ever hit him
    Yea that was Aelobin

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||