10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Thanks, that solved it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:54 AM ----------

ForteXorcist creates timer bars for every target you dot up, I believe you can also do this with Raven and WeakAuras.

FX comes with every features activated out of the box and you will most likely end up with disabling 90% of it, while with Raven and WeakAuras you'll have to manually add the features you want.
    You're my hero. That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. My biggest dps loss right now is DoTs falling off when I do 2+ fights and this should help keep track of it. Thanks

Hey guys, I am looking for two addons from this video:http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=224783 (watch around 00:30 onwards)

Basically I want the addons that

1. Adds the debuff/DOTs to the top of enemy nameplates. I know tidyplates does this, but I want the default blizzard nameplates + that debuff on tiop. If it's actually a tidyplates thing, please enlighten me on how to configure it.

2. Adds the "pop" of the icon when it's come off cooldown. You see it on the left of his screen, as well as on his action bar. For example when his ice barrier is ready, it pops on the left of his screen as well as on his action bar. I don't think it's a power auras thing, but not sure.

Finally, I'd like to know how to set the Loss of Control UI so that that big icon in the middle of the screen is gone BUT i want that "red cooldown" effect on my action bars so i can tell how long before I'm out of the CC.

Thanks for any help!

Deleted
    In the UI Pictures thread, I've noticed quite a few people have a split recount, one showing healing, one showing damage and then it's got a black background instead of red? Anyone know how this is done?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    In the UI Pictures thread, I've noticed quite a few people have a split recount, one showing healing, one showing damage and then it's got a black background instead of red? Anyone know how this is done?
    It's not Recount, it's Skada

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    It's not Recount, it's Skada
    Ah my mistake, thanks for the help.

Deleted
    Is there any addon to put CC icons above my teammates? Like polymorph, nova, etc? Ps: I don't use friendly plates.

Castbar Spark - DBM Timer Spark stuff:

Looking to use this from oUF_Mlight and use the same spark that's on its castbar for DBM timers.

Mlight 5.15 Core.lua ~Line 366
    Code:
    cb.Spark = cb:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY")
    		cb.Spark:SetTexture("Interface\\UnitPowerBarAlt\\Generic1Player_Pill_Flash")
            cb.Spark:SetBlendMode("ADD")
            cb.Spark:SetAlpha(1)
            cb.Spark:SetSize(8, cfg.height*2)

Was hoping to just change a few things in the DBT-Template.xml but I quickly got lost.. Most likely did something stupid.

DBM-Core - DBT-Template.xml ~line 45 (I got someone's editted version so it's most likely different)
    Code:
    <Texture name="$parentSpark" file="Interface\\UnitPowerBarAlt\\Generic1Player_Pill_Flash" alphaMode="ADD">
    						<Size>
    							<AbsDimension x="8" y="22"/>
    						</Size>
    						<Anchors>
    							<Anchor point="CENTER">
    								<Offset>
    									<AbsDimension x="0" y="0"/>
    								</Offset>
    							</Anchor>
    						</Anchors>
    Top is what I want it to look like (Approximately). The bottom is what it currently looks like.

Jeremy, have you tried to use only one \ instead of two?
    Code:
    <Texture name="$parentSpark" file="Interface\UnitPowerBarAlt\Generic1Player_Pill_Flash" alphaMode="ADD">
    I don't have any knowledge about this stuff, but it just makes sense to me to have it the same way the default one is.
    Code:
    <Texture name="$parentSpark" file="Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\textures\Spark.blp" alphaMode="ADD">
    Considering your attempts only gave you the green square means the file isn't found.

Edit: Had some time on my hands, so I gave it a whirl myself. It works when you only use one slash instead of two. Also, the color of the spark will be the same as the bar color.
    Last edited by TellyTop; 2012-12-14 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hi. Just wondering is there an addon or script that adds spell icon to the default wow battle text?
    Made a picture in paint just to clarify what I want
    I dont use any of the popular battle text addons because they dont place the text over the target that I am attacking like its done by default.

I'm looking for an addon similar to Loot Filter, don't need any GUI, I don't mind editing the LUA files to add items, just something small.

I found this while searching around though it only does the check on logging in/loading screen rather than whenever you loot and it just returns errors.
    Anyone with more experience able to get this working or write a new one for me?

Code:
    -- This goes inside your addon
    AddOnName.itemsBlackList = {
      ["ItemHere"]=true,

-- Add more items
      -- ["Item Name"]=true,
    }

function AddOnName:PurgeBlackListedItems()
      -- For Each Bag ID
      for bagID=0,4 do
        -- For Each Slot ID in Bag
        for slotID=0,GetContainerNumSlots(bagID) do
          -- texture, itemCount, locked, quality, readable, lootable, itemLink = GetContainerItemInfo(bagID, slotID)
          local _, _, _, _, _, _, link = GetContainerItemInfo(bagID, slotID)

-- Change Link into Name
          local name = GetItemInfo(link)

-- Look for Black Listed Items
          for key, value in pairs(self.itemsBlackList) do
            if key == name and value then
              -- Found Item, pick it up
              PickupContainerItem(bagID, slotID)

-- Delete it
              DeleteCursorItem()
            end
          end
        end
      end
    end

Deleted
    Code:
    local blacklist = { -- you can use either item names or item IDs
        ["Item name"]=true,
        [itemID]=true,
    }

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function()
        if GetCursorInfo() then return end
        for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do
            for s=0,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do
                local id = GetContainerItemID(b,s)
                local delete
                if blacklist[id] then
                    delete = true
                else
                    local name = GetItemInfo(GetContainerItemLink(b,s))
                    if blacklist[name] then
                        delete = true
                    end
                end
                if delete then
                    ClearCursor()
                    PickupContainerItem(b,s)
                    DeleteCursorItem()
                end
            end
        end
    end)
    f:RegisterEvent("BAG_UPDATE")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    How to use. Untested.

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Jeremy, have you tried to use only one \ instead of two?
    Code:
    <Texture name="$parentSpark" file="Interface\UnitPowerBarAlt\Generic1Player_Pill_Flash" alphaMode="ADD">
    I don't have any knowledge about this stuff, but it just makes sense to me to have it the same way the default one is.
    Code:
    <Texture name="$parentSpark" file="Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\textures\Spark.blp" alphaMode="ADD">
    Considering your attempts only gave you the green square means the file isn't found.

Edit: Had some time on my hands, so I gave it a whirl myself. It works when you only use one slash instead of two. Also, the color of the spark will be the same as the bar color.
    I used two \ because that's what I saw on that spot with the editted file I ended up using. I'll probably end up testing this later but if I use the "Empty" texture, and set the color to say yellow/orange like in my picture ("Empty" texture doesn't have colors xD), I will have that color for the spark?

Now, something new. My current UI basically revolves around Hunters since I use JSHB4. I want to try to branch out to other classes and addons to use and soon replace JSHB4. At the moment, I'm looking at CoolLine (doing a bit of testing with it at the moment, doesn't have a lot of options). But I'm having trouble finding lightweight addons (possibly less than 200kb use in game) that can track buffs on Player and self-casted debuffs on the target. With the exception of certain spells like Hunter's Mark, and other debuffs that override each other in a similar fashion, which I would like to set to something like "show if cast by anyone" so I know I wouldn't have to recast a certain debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Now, something new. My current UI basically revolves around Hunters since I use JSHB4. I want to try to branch out to other classes and addons to use and soon replace JSHB4. At the moment, I'm looking at CoolLine (doing a bit of testing with it at the moment, doesn't have a lot of options). But I'm having trouble finding lightweight addons (possibly less than 200kb use in game) that can track buffs on Player and self-casted debuffs on the target. With the exception of certain spells like Hunter's Mark, and other debuffs that override each other in a similar fashion, which I would like to set to something like "show if cast by anyone" so I know I wouldn't have to recast a certain debuff.
    I believe sFilter is quite lightweight. It hasn't been updated in a while, but I believe you just need to update all spells.

Deleted
    Is there any addon to put CC icons above my teammates? Like polymorph, nova, etc? Ps: I don't use friendly plates. anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Is there any addon to put CC icons above my teammates? Like polymorph, nova, etc? Ps: I don't use friendly plates. anyone?
    Friendly nameplates is the only thing you could anchor the CC icons too in the 3D world, so without friendly nameplates you would have to settle with cc icons on their unit frames. For CC icons on unit frames you can use LoseControl. If you want the icons aboce the player you'll have to enable nameplates. I'm not sure if PlateBuffs supports friendly nameplates, but you can try that one.

As for friendly nameplates, you can have a nameplate addon that only shows name and/or health text above friendly players without showing the statusbar. I don't know about any specific addons that allows you to do this or if you'd have to edit it yourself in lua, but I remember having seen screenshots of it from back in WotLK/Cataclysm, so it's definitely possible.

A addon that shows cooldowns and durations in a queue, sort of like Coolline, but Coolline doesn't actually show Searing Totem duration for example.

Deleted
    2 questions concerning Stuf unitframes and lua coding:

- can i import or link to other icons in Stuf. For example the role icons (tank, healer, dps) Like the ones in these unitframes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41539760/lol.png

- if that's not possible. Is there lua code to add for example a colored "T" next to the player name if he's a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    2 questions concerning Stuf unitframes and lua coding:

- can i import or link to other icons in Stuf. For example the role icons (tank, healer, dps) Like the ones in these unitframes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41539760/lol.png

- if that's not possible. Is there lua code to add for example a colored "T" next to the player name if he's a tank?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42182

I want my power text to remain centered when there is no alternate power text, but offset when an alternate power text appears. Been trying to make this one part work for the last hour, I'm terrible at creating new code (more like reusing and making 1 new line).

Edit: Got it working how I want but the text is not offsetting as it should.
    Edit2: Forget what about said about it working, it works with an altpowerbar, but not without..

Code:
    -- power bar --
        if not (unit == "targettarget" or unit == "focustarget" or unit == "pet") then
    		local pp = createStatusbar(self, cfg.texture, "ARTWORK", cfg.height*-(cfg.hpheight-1), nil, 1, 1, 1, 1)
    		pp:SetFrameLevel(1)
    		pp:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self, "TOPLEFT", 0, 3)
    		pp:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", self, "TOPRIGHT", 0, 3)
    		pp.frequentUpdates = true

-- backdrop for power bar --	
    		pp.bd = createBackdrop(pp, pp, 1)

-- power text --
    		if not multicheck(u, "boss") then
    			pp.value = createFont(pp, "OVERLAY", cfg.font, cfg.fontsize, cfg.fontflag, 1, 1, 1)
    			pp.value:SetPoint("BOTTOM", self, 0, 13)
    			if PlayerPowerBarAlt then
    				pp.value:SetPoint("BOTTOM", self, 10, 15)
    			end
    		end

self.Power = pp
    		self.Power.PostUpdate = Updatepowerbar
    		tinsert(self.mouseovers, self.Power)
        end

-- altpower bar --
        if multicheck(u, "player", "boss") then
    		local altpp = createStatusbar(self, cfg.texture, "ARTWORK", 2, nil, 1, 1, 1, 1)
    		altpp:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self.Power, "TOPLEFT", 0, 3)
    		altpp:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", self.Power, "TOPRIGHT", 0, 3)
    		altpp.bd = createBackdrop(altpp, altpp, 1)

altpp.value = createFont(altpp, "OVERLAY", cfg.font, cfg.fontsize, cfg.fontflag, 1, 1, 1)
    		altpp.value:SetPoint("BOTTOM", self, -10, 15)

self.AltPowerBar = altpp
    		self.AltPowerBar.PostUpdate = PostAltUpdate
        end
    They are not quite symmetrical. The Power text is closer to the center than the AltPower text.

Currently what it looks like on my DK with the class specific power bar on.

Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-16 at 10:25 AM.