Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    It was nice to see OKC win a game that didn't pace like an OKC game last night. Yes, it was against a team that isn't upper echelon, but they proved they can win ugly when they need to.

As a side note - does OKC need another piece to win it all this year? I like them as a team, and think Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka have all improved significantly this year and that Martin has stepped into the 6th man role nicely, but I'm just not sure they have everything they need yet. They'll be a force, I just don't know if they can step over that threshhold yet.
    They need to upgrade there bench or that's what I would work on if I was there GM. I would not bring in another ego or somebody that just has to have the ball.

And... a story coming out of Philadelphia makes me lose even more respect for their moronic fanbase. Apparently 2 kids got into an argument with a older bulls fan on a train and when it was time for them to get off they turned around and shot him and ran. Stay classy Philly. This of course coming after the game where Joakim Noah openly admitted he was more driven to play better because he remembers last season when their fan base openly cheered when he went down with a serious injury, saying how disrespectful it was.

In other news lets all vote for Jeremy Lin for all the All Star game this year. I wanna see him start so the NBA realizes how stupid it is letting China vote and decides to take it away, or even better... takes away all fan voting cause the average fan is a fuckin idiot
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-12-14 at 03:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    And... a story coming out of Philadelphia makes me lose even more respect for their moronic fanbase. Apparently 2 kids got into an argument with a older bulls fan on a train and when it was time for them to get off they turned around and shot him and ran. Stay classy Philly. This of course coming after the game where Joakim Noah openly admitted he was more driven to play better because he remembers last season when their fan base openly cheered when he went down with a serious injury, saying how disrespectful it was.

In other news lets all vote for Jeremy Lin for all the All Star game this year. I wanna see him start so many the NBA realizes how stupid it is letting China vote and decides to take it away, or even better... takes away all fan voting cause the average fan is a fuckin idiot
    I am shocked Lin is only in third right now. Shocked. They must have blocked the site in China. As for Philly, WTF. Also, insert ban handguns argument here. I'm too tired of these stories to even try and make the point. They serve literally zero purpose.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:02 PM ----------

Lakers and Knicks. This should be entertaining. So the Lakers have terrible perimeter defense and are horrible on fast breaks. Gee what are the Knicks good at. Oh ya, perimeter passing and shooting and transition. Good luck Lakers. You're going to need it to not lose by 30.

That's fucking horrible. Philadelphia is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jib
    In other news lets all vote for Jeremy Lin for all the All Star game this year. I wanna see him start so many the NBA realizes how stupid it is letting China vote and decides to take it away, or even better... takes away all fan voting cause the average fan is a fuckin idiot
    I would still be voting (via the link in my signature) if I didn't get infracted for having an advertisement in my signature and then had it removed. Gay. But lol Lin hasn't been getting my vote.

FYI: I vote for Tyson, Melo, Raymond Felton, Amare, Joe Johnson for East (I know I'm biased as fuck but what do you expect). For West I vote Kevin Love Tim Duncan uhhh I think Blake Griffin sometimes or otherwise Durant, and always Chris Paul and Kobe. (Or at least, I USED to vote rofl.....)

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:14 PM ----------

I love how Bynum is ahead of Amare. Well I guess they're both injured so it's fair lol, but Bynum won't even play in 2013! Most likely.

2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING PRESENTED BY SPRINT EASTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt: LeBron James (Mia) 641,348; Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 573,112; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 218,246; Chris Bosh (Mia) 210,724; Tyson Chandler (NYK) 151,744; Paul Pierce (Bos) 114,735; Joakim Noah (Chi) 73,366; Josh Smith (Atl) 69,344; Andrew Bynum (Phi) 68,596; Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 64,266; Shane Battier (Mia) 59,419; Anderson Varejao (Cle) 57,336; Luol Deng (Chi) 48,450; Brook Lopez (BKN) 47,940; Jeff Green (Bos) 36,080.

Backcourt: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 430,925; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 382,613; Deron Williams (BKN) 211,426; Kyrie Irving (Cle) 155,989; Ray Allen (Mia) 130,016; Monta Ellis (Mil) 47,650; Raymond Felton (NYK) 37,974; Jason Terry (Bos) 36,147; Brandon Jennings (Mil) 35,610; Jrue Holiday (Phi) 35,193.

2013 NBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING PRESENTED BY SPRINT WESTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (OKC) 605,965; Dwight Howard (LAL) 434,168; Blake Griffin (LAC) 307,855; Tim Duncan (SA) 189,577; Pau Gasol (LAL) 139,868; Kevin Love (Min) 112,922; Omer Asik (Hou) 88,178; Rudy Gay (Mem) 85,279; Serge Ibaka (OKC) 68,285; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 66,290; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 63,056; Marc Gasol (Mem) 61,716; Zach Randolph (Mem) 59,916; Metta World Peace (LAL) 59,167; Anthony Davis (NO) 53,779.

Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 639,419; Chris Paul (LAC) 353,603; Jeremy Lin (Hou) 298,319; James Harden (Hou) 196,108; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 143,437; Steve Nash (LAL) 118,073; Tony Parker (SA) 69,983; Ricky Rubio (Min) 54,744; Manu Ginobili (SA) 47,800; O.J. Mayo (Dal) 36,495.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:19 PM ----------

Conscript give me $26,000 for the courtside sides. Or give me the average $533 for these Knicks tickets.

MELO FOR 3 opener.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:21 PM ----------

Three 3s son
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-12-14 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Are the lakers THAT bad, or the knicks that good?

That game was over from the first quarter, but of course Knicks own.

But........that dick Dwight Howard injured Melo, wtf. I hope he isn't hurt badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    That Lakers/Knicks game last night was hilarious. I was rooting for Melo to just go off for about 70 last night after that ridiculous first quarter.

Speaking of these teams, Kobe mentioned earlier this week that Melo is harder to guard than LeBron. While that is probably true since Melo is a superior shooter, how the hell does Kobe know? He hasn't guarded a teams best player in forever. Last night as Melo is going off, Kobe is guarding Pablo Freaking Prigioni or Jason Kidd. That Prigioni guy is damn entertaining. It is a shame he didn't come into the NBA years ago. He seems to be the premiere inbound ball hawk in the NBA.

So, while I understand it's still fairly early in the season, as of right now, which teams would you rank in the top 3 in East / West?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So, while I understand it's still fairly early in the season, as of right now, which teams would you rank in the top 3 in East / West?
    East:
    1. New York (even if I don't think they will beat Miami in the playoffs)
    2. Miami
    3. Atlanta

I don't trust Brooklyn until Lopez can show he is healthy for more than 10 games at a time and I don't trust Chicago even with Rose coming back. They are going to fall apart at the end of the year because Tib's is the worst time management coach in the NBA. Go look at the minutes Deng is playing. It is absurd. Dengs December game minutes: 42:21, 41:14, 42:23, 42:25, 46:34, 39:56, 37:27. Tibs is once again murdering his own team by just destroying them all with absurd minutes.

West:
    1. OKC
    2. San Antonio
    3. LAC

I was tempted to slot both Golden State and Memphis ahead of LAC, but the Clippers are just too deep even if VDN is a terrible coach. Golden State looks phenomenal lately. I am a total Draymond Green homer, but he has been great off their bench lately. The Warriors are 9-2 in games he plays more than 14 minutes. He is a rebounding machine. He is playing late game defense on the oppositions best player. The guy in LeBron's face every single possession during the Miami game over the second half, Draymond Green. LeBron even went out of his way to find Draymond and give him a bro hug after that game. Assuming Lee continues to not suck and they eventually get Bogut back, they are going to be a tough out.

1. New York if Amare meshes, if not move to #2
    2. Heat
    3. Lol so many horrible choices. I'll go with Atlanta too as of right now, but spot 3 is like way lower than spots 1 & 2.

1. Spurs are monstrously pro.
    2. OKC is doing better than I thought and if it comes to OKC v Spurs OKC will win, but Spurs over others.
    3. Memphis has demonstrated what a beast it is lol. Those guys can really play.
    Then LAC then Golden State then Denver.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember that time three weeks ago when everyone was like "Whoa the Cats might actually not suck and may have turned into a sleeper playoff team"? Ya, we were wrong. Since being 7-5 and in the playoffs, they are 0-10 average margin of loss 14.4 points. 2 of those games have been decided by fewer than 6 points. Other losses include 30, 23, 15, and 45. So they matched their win total from last year in the first three weeks and look like they want to threaten worst team ever again over their last 10 games since win 7 lol.

My rankings are partially based on how they are doing now compared with how I see them doing later.
    EAST
    1) Miami - Too much firepower to deal with and a lock down defensive team when they need to be
    2) NY Knicks - Good ball movement, control and shooting, hottest team in the league
    3) Chicago - Homer pick? I dont think so, having a 12-9 record with their best player out shows how good this team is and how great they will be when hes back

WEST
    1) Oklahoma City - Durant is the best offensive player in the game, quick and explosive team with really good interior defense
    2) San Antoino - Old. Slow. Still get it done time and time again.
    3) Memphis - Solid play from each of their starting 5, excellent interior

15+ Year Old Account
    3) Chicago - Homer pick? I dont think so, having a 12-9 record with their best player out shows how good this team is and how great they will be when hes back
    I don't want to piss in your lemonade or anything, but that 12-9 record is a joke. The Bulls have exactly ONE win so far this season against a team that would be considered in the top 5 of EITHER league, their win over the Knicks last week in a game where the league MVP didn't play. Aside from that game the Bulls have lost their games against OKC, Boston, and Clippers x2. Hell they barely beat a Wolves team without Love, Rubio, Barea, or Roy. They have played one of the easiest schedules in the league. the Bulls have 5 wins against teams above .500 (Wolves, Bucks, Knicks, and Philly x2, but Philly is an even bigger fraud than the Bulls). The Bulls are one of the leagues best defensive teams like always. They are one of the leagues worst offensive teams though and while that will improve with Rose, it isn't going to improve that much. They still have absolutely no bench whatsoever (thanks cheap ass owner) and they are destroying Deng and Noah with minutes (Noah is on pace to play the most minutes by a big man in a DECADE since Duncan in 01-02 and he is only fractions of a minute behind Duncan's playtime).

The Bulls are a bad team feasting on a laughably easy schedule in a laughably horrible division. Ya they should get one of the top spots this year thanks to Indiana's implosion, but they are going to get steamrolled in the playoffs by Miami or New York and probably Brooklyn, Atlanta, or Boston also.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 07:52 PM ----------

All of this trade talk surrounding Kevin Love is making me so damn sad. If they do end up trading him my mind will just explode. That will completely kill my bandwagon team and force me to jump back on the Warriors bandwagon.

They can't trade him..at least not before I see him on Monday night.

WELL WELL WELL. It looks like a certain persons secondary home team beat another persons home team in 2 over times and a buzzer beater.

Oh and LAL registered another win! They can scrape by the Wizards, good for them.

And it looks like Orland beat Warriors. I was gonna go to that game if I didn't have a final Friday night and had to take a morning flight to Florida today..

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't want to piss in your lemonade or anything, but that 12-9 record is a joke. The Bulls have exactly ONE win so far this season against a team that would be considered in the top 5 of EITHER league, their win over the Knicks last week in a game where the league MVP didn't play. Aside from that game the Bulls have lost their games against OKC, Boston, and Clippers x2. Hell they barely beat a Wolves team without Love, Rubio, Barea, or Roy. They have played one of the easiest schedules in the league. the Bulls have 5 wins against teams above .500 (Wolves, Bucks, Knicks, and Philly x2, but Philly is an even bigger fraud than the Bulls). The Bulls are one of the leagues best defensive teams like always. They are one of the leagues worst offensive teams though and while that will improve with Rose, it isn't going to improve that much. They still have absolutely no bench whatsoever (thanks cheap ass owner) and they are destroying Deng and Noah with minutes (Noah is on pace to play the most minutes by a big man in a DECADE since Duncan in 01-02 and he is only fractions of a minute behind Duncan's playtime).

The Bulls are a bad team feasting on a laughably easy schedule in a laughably horrible division. Ya they should get one of the top spots this year thanks to Indiana's implosion, but they are going to get steamrolled in the playoffs by Miami or New York and probably Brooklyn, Atlanta, or Boston also.
    You mean how the Bulls beat the Knicks when NEITHER had their best player? How they beat the Wolves when NEITHER had their best player? How they "barely" got beat by a Thunder team when they didnt have Rose? I dont get how everybody else is able to use we dont have our best player excuse but when it comes to the Bulls side it isnt a argument. Not sure people realize it but Derrick Rose is playing this season. Thats confirmed. When it is, we dont know. But he is playing. And if you think that a healthy Bulls team isnt better than Atlanta or Brooklyn than Im not sure what to say. They were the best record in the east, possibly even the league when Rose was playing. They have a winning record without their biggest piece, not many teams can say that. They are one of the leagues best defensive and rebounding teams in the NBA. That is consistent, what they are missing is more consistent offensive. Rose will help that. I dont think they will win a championship this year. But I honestly believe they are the 3rd best team, I wouldnt be scared of Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Indiana, or Philly in the slightest. At least not at the moment.

Wtf conscript why is Kevin Love injured. I'm supposed to see him Monday...wtf did I fly to Florida for. "Day to day."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wtf conscript why is Kevin Love injured. I'm supposed to see him Monday...wtf did I fly to Florida for. "Day to day."

He should be fine. X-rays were negative and he is expected to play tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 12:19 PM ----------

You mean how the Bulls beat the Knicks when NEITHER had their best player? How they beat the Wolves when NEITHER had their best player? How they "barely" got beat by a Thunder team when they didnt have Rose? I dont get how everybody else is able to use we dont have our best player excuse but when it comes to the Bulls side it isnt a argument. Not sure people realize it but Derrick Rose is playing this season. Thats confirmed. When it is, we dont know. But he is playing. And if you think that a healthy Bulls team isnt better than Atlanta or Brooklyn than Im not sure what to say. They were the best record in the east, possibly even the league when Rose was playing. They have a winning record without their biggest piece, not many teams can say that. They are one of the leagues best defensive and rebounding teams in the NBA. That is consistent, what they are missing is more consistent offensive. Rose will help that. I dont think they will win a championship this year. But I honestly believe they are the 3rd best team, I wouldnt be scared of Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Indiana, or Philly in the slightest. At least not at the moment.
    Feel free to play the we didn't have our best player card. God knows the Bulls can since Rose is their best player. He also missed half of last season and is likely going to miss the first half of this one as well. The Bulls are still a good team with Rose. Yes they are better with him, but they have absolutely no bench. That roster is a pitiful joke this year. They have pinched so many pennies thanks to their unwillingness to go into the tax or amnesty Boozer that they are literally a three man team and one of those guys is hurt. Stretch this sort of minute use out to 82 games, add Rose back in around the All Star break, and then pit them against Atlanta, I'm taking Atlanta. Their depth is far, far superior to the Bulls. I don't even think they can handle the Nets if Lopez is healthy (which is certainly an unknown). Rose is going to have to come back at an Adrian Peterson post-knee injury level and put together a postseason like 80s Magic for the Bulls to even have a shot of being relevant.

But I honestly believe they are the 3rd best team, I wouldnt be scared of Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Indiana, or Philly in the slightest. At least not at the moment.
    Even when the Bulls slide into the 5 or 6 seed in a worse than expected East, and get Rose back before the playoffs, you should absolutely be scared of Boston or Brooklyn. The others maybe not. Rose won't have played in almost a year at that point, you're never sure how they'll react to such an injury until they play, and their second best offensive player is now Joakim Noah. I would worry about their chances in a 7 game series. Philly and Indy aren't very good though. Atlanta is mediocre.

Also, the "best player" argument doesn't hold water for Chicago because we're talking about the long term viability of a Rose-less Bulls team against teams at full strength. We know they don't have Rose, that's the point of the discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ricky Rubio expected to make season debut tonight!!! Woo!

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 03:37 PM ----------

Kyrie Irving apparently fractured his upper jaw yesterday. He will be wearing a mask until it heals.
    Oh ya, and its December 15th. the first day that you can actually start making up bullshit trades involving guys signed in the offseason (well most guys anyways, a few have until Jan 15 like Brook Lopez).

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Even when the Bulls slide into the 5 or 6 seed in a worse than expected East, and get Rose back before the playoffs, you should absolutely be scared of Boston or Brooklyn. The others maybe not. Rose won't have played in almost a year at that point, you're never sure how they'll react to such an injury until they play, and their second best offensive player is now Joakim Noah. I would worry about their chances in a 7 game series. Philly and Indy aren't very good though. Atlanta is mediocre.

Also, the "best player" argument doesn't hold water for Chicago because we're talking about the long term viability of a Rose-less Bulls team against teams at full strength. We know they don't have Rose, that's the point of the discussion.
    But they will have him. There has been so sign so far that he isnt going to play. If anything hes ahead of schedule. Hes already shooting and running before/after games to get in better game shape. My ranks are a reflection of if I had to say who would be the favorites in the playoffs at the end of the season that would be my list. Hes not Andrew Bogut so this isnt a cross my fingers hope to god hes playing scenario. I just dont get how someone can say well the Bulls only beat the Knicks without Melo, like it discounts the win. Than every single loss the Bulls have should be discounted as well. If anything you can debate what will be the caliber that Rose and the Bulls play at. I dont think it will be as good as previous years but still better than the rest of the east outside of NY and Miami. Brooklyn has one of the softest interiors in the game, and Joe and Deron have been chucking up bricks more often than not cause their team has no real flow on offense. Boston is a little scarier, but without Ray Allen and another year to their aging core I dont see them being a big threat this season. And Atlanta is a joke in my book. Have they ever done anything with this roster? Heck they are a worse team than they were last season. They lost Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and Kirk Hinrich for Lou Williams, Devin Harris, and Kyle Korver. Call me crazy but Id take the former.

Even in the most recently updated odds to win a championship in Vegas I could find (updated December 5th)
    Chicago Bulls 20/1
    Boston Celtics 25/1
    Brookyln Nets 33/1
    Indiana Pacers 45/1
    Philadelphia 76ers 60/1
    Atlanta Hawks 90/1

So Im not alone in thinking they are likely better than the rest of the East. Also Im not sure Noah is the 2nd best offensive player. 2nd best player ya Id give him that. Deng is still a more consistent offensive player than Noah is as frustrating as he is sometimes.