Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    Could any of you people advise which is the best Spec per encounter in the current MoP raids?
    Simply, the spec you perform the best. Try different specs, different play styles.
    Currently Affli is the highest in the sim but it's still a bot in perfect limits.
    It's not the class, not the spec, but the player that matters.

The fantasy or comforting answers such as "is the player, not the spec/class, just play the game for fun" are for those that play the game without thinking of the others. If you tell me that you would stop raiding if your Guild tells you to play a specific spec because its obvious you will be helping the raid more, then you are selfish and don't deserve to be called a guildmate and you waste their time, money and patience speaking from the point of view of person that wants progress.
    For example if you play Affliction and do more DPS, but is boring and kinda hard to keep up so you'll stay destro cause is easy but don't do as much DPS as the previous one, then you have to learn Affliction if your guild wants progress. Being a raider is the same as having a job. If eventually you have better results using a different way(spec in this case) then you use that one if you want to be kept and later have a better carrier.(please keep in mind that this is just an example and the statements are not be taken into consideration, just a pure EXAMPLE)
    There is no such thing as all specs and classes having the same results (never has been and i don't think ever will) if played at max potential, so drop the player not the spec/class. If you take time learning the spec that SIM (as well taking into consideration the procs dependence) shows as having more potential, then you will understand what my question meant and what my expected answer was.

Cheers and many thanks for the replies so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Reivno View Post
    Simply, the spec you perform the best. Try different specs, different play styles.
    Currently Affli is the highest in the sim but it's still a bot in perfect limits.
    It's not the class, not the spec, but the player that matters.
    yeah

and the player should be playing affliction

Deleted
    Okay, okay ! Destro is awful, don't hesitate to go on the official forums and ask buffs.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-12-14 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    Being a raider is the same as having a job.
    If you think like that, and if you think that your career or money is the way to go, use the "best in stats" way.
    But you wont be doing a job for long if you don't enjoy it, it burns you down (unless the pay is significant tho it still might).
    If you just want to think about the progress go Affli, simple.

The fun in a progression guild is killing the boss. It shouldn't matter if you like the spec you play or not it matters if you win. If your just doing normals and maybe a couple of the really simple heroics, go ahead be anything, your just having fun with your guild it doesn't matter.

If your in a progression guild your Affliction, its just the way the tier is right now, if you look at world of logs, there's 3 fights where destro is close but not beating affy, and one where demo is beating affy and its not even a true aoe fight. Maybe next tier everyone will be Destro or Demo, who knows.

If you want to play Destro in this tier though? Go roll a Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olliver View Post
    Again, the people I play with and I do not enjoy (have fun) playing with people who would rather be selfish and play an inferior spec over playing what would be best for the raid and have the most chance killing a boss.

People derive enjoyment from different aspects of the game, your point is silly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 05:31 PM ----------

Affliction performs best on every encounter currently
    lol yeah cuz raiding is srs bizness...

id forgotten the mindset of 'hardcore' raiders, makes me glad ive stayed in a casual raiding the last year and a half from being hardcore the previous 2 and a half years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    lol yeah cuz raiding is srs bizness...

id forgotten the mindset of 'hardcore' raiders, makes me glad ive stayed in a casual raiding the last year and a half from being hardcore the previous 2 and a half years.
    Again, people like to spend their time more wisely, the game is fun for different people in different aspects.

I don't give a fuck if you choose to play the game less efficiently and put less effort into it and generally be worse than you can be as long as it doesn't effect me. Also I don't give a fuck how long you have played the game casually or any such nonsense and it isn't relevant to this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep the discussion on the topic of what spec works on what encounter and why, and not get into personal attacks, please. People are free to play and discuss any spec and give their opinion on them in this context, just be sure to do so respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheriel View Post
    Not a bold statement, but a statement of fact.
    In most cases, yes. There are certain fights where Destro can be very competitive; specifically any fight with multiple adds/bosses that can be RoF'd on to gain a pretty significant amount of Embers (Protectors/Empress/Amber Shaper (potientally)/Feng (when you had like no gear)/Will (again when you had little gear)/Windlord (if your strat permits you to have RoF down without mucking it up)). There are fights where any of the specs will "shine", but in general Affliction will do better - but it's not solid set in stone fact.

There will always be a "x spec performs better on y encounter" and there will always be discussions/arguments about that. At the end of the day, would you rather play the best spec at subpar levels, or the spec you're more comfortable with at a much higher level? This is something you and your raid leaders need to discuss and really think about. If you're not competing for world firsts, etc, it really wont matter that much once your entire raid is equally geared. For example, zumzum prefers destro and had MANY top 10 parses for all specs in MSV and H MSV, as Destro. Destro doesn't perform -theoretically- as high as Affliction or Demo. He's very good at destro, and performs at top notch levels and has amazing results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    Why in the world would you ever pop burning rush during get away.
    Because if you have the 30% debuff from KJC you're going to get pushed off the map during get away, the dmg demand to push her out of get away is too high for you to spam fel flame so you HAVE to spam MG which means you HAVE to pop burning rush in order to not get pushed off the map.

Have you done that fight on heroic?

Is the pushback "harder" on hc? Because on normal with the 30% ms debuff you basically stand still during it, you don't move forward, but doesn't push you back either.

Yeah its kind of personal.

For example, anything with 2/3 target multidot + cleaving (dogs, protectors) i just can't pull the same number i do with demo while playing affly. I know its me but demo is so goddamn funnier that i really don't want to improve my multidotting.

Well WotE its not like u have much of a choice. SS:SB + SS like there's no tomorrow. Then drain soul. Then again SS:SB everything targetbale parents and relatives included (just to pad the meters of course). Darin soul and so on. lol.

You'll get thrown clear off the platform, and you really can't afford to sit in that phase very long or everyone will die because the dmg load is much much harsher. Especially for people running the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Okay, okay ! Destro is awful, don't hesitate to go on the official forums and ask buffs.

Thanks in advance
    Its not awful. Its one of the best specs in the game. Its just not as good as Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its not awful. Its one of the best specs in the game. Its just not as good as Affliction.
    Let's not exaggerate now.

If the thread was solely about the highest DPS spec for all the current encounters, affliction indeed is the best pick for 95% of them but saying affliction is best for "every single encounter" is just a bold statement, there are still fights that demo is better (Wind Lord, Empress...).

Also, completely going off only numbers is just silly. One who takes raiding serious should be playing whatever is best for his guild, the two only dps check in this thier has been Gara'jal (early gear) and Sha of Fear, and for both Demo is/was better simply because how those encounters worked.

Again, rating a spec only because of numbers is just plain silly. Playing demo for Empress means you are the best Dissonance Field support, playing demo means you can Soul Link and do Lei Shi scary fog stacks. These are only 2 examples, there are a lot more of remarks that I could have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Let's not exaggerate now.
    Eh? Just looking at the top 10% for each spec, Destro is between number 3rd to 6th best spec on most fights. Considering the vast majority of locks are affliction, destro probably actually ranks better than that, similar to how the fire nerfs suddenly caused arcane to jump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Eh? Just looking at the top 10% for each spec, Destro is between number 3rd to 6th best spec on most fights. Considering the vast majority of locks are affliction, destro probably actually ranks better than that, similar to how the fire nerfs suddenly caused arcane to jump.
    Yeah if they nerf affliction destruction will be better. Does that not make perfect sense? Nerf the best to a point where the second best becomes best. Second best is now best.
    Destruction isn't as good as affliction and imho not as enjoyable yet. Gear makes it more and more fun and with the new ember adding abilities, it's close.