Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sandy Hook massacre - will the video games card be played, again?

Apparently, the Sandy Hook shooter was 20 years old. Chances are - he was playing video games. How long do you think it will take the media to make a connection between playing video games and the massacre he committed?

probably not too long. the front page of CNN is full of coverage

CNN just talked about that this morning.

So; Not that long!

15+ Year Old Account
    Another favorite is the shooting happens cos "public schools abondoned god".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'd say tomorrow's headline, or in the coming weeks will be a congressman's bill limiting all video games in the country, like always, its the blame for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it won't be long. Video games always get hate after these types of incidents.

I just want to take this opportunity to share this again.

People killed people before the games were long invented. This argument is invalid.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Another favorite is the shooting happens cos "public schools abondoned god".
    funny how they never think to say "god abandoned the kids that died in those schools"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    funny how they never think to say "god abandoned the kids that died in those schools"
    Clearly their parents had sinned and the children was punished for it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

There should be a mandatory parenting course in high school which everyone has to pass.

There are way too many shitty fucked up parents with shitty fucked up kids, some of which result in events like this.

Not to diminish the horrible events that took place in Sandy Hook, but... this angry mob of people are scary. To think that these same people vote, work and live in the same society.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not to diminish the horrible events that took place in Sandy Hook, but... this angry mob of people are scary. To think that these same people vote, work and live in the same society.
    Mob mentality of any kind is always scary and usually irrational.

Deleted
    Claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Deleted
    It doesn't really matter, all sorts of claims will be made, not this one solely.

I think I saw something about it on CNN yesterday.

The killer liked Mass effect on his facebook or something, so they brought up the video games make people violent and go out and do violent things bullshit arguement
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

They couldn't find any connection with the shooter at the gun range or gun clubs, so clearly Call of Duty lan parties are where he got his military training.

Was probably playing World of Warcraft the morning he decided to do this.

Just kidding.

Video games don't create violence. Lag does.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

If they blame CoD I won't mind.