Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    There is no space pvp.. The closest resemblance that getting space gear through CP is P2W is that heroic space mission gives black hole commendations. And black hole commendation gives great pve gear. So by using CP to buy space ship equipment, you have better chance to complete heroic space mission compared to people that have to slowly grind all the Fleet commendation to get equivalent space gear. (All space gears are purchasable through credits/fleet commendation)

So P2W in pvp? Not really.. But maybe a small edge in pve.. Although if you are really that hardcore in pve progression, black hole commendation is pretty much useless for you anyway since your gear should already be ahead of the curve.
    They also award Daily comms which can be used to buy BiS trinkets or relics. I can't remember what they're called.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I didn't realize so many people played the space missions until I saw the uproar over this.

So pay to win...a mini-game?
    Couldn't have said it better myself - totally confused by the title... then I saw this is only about space missions... o,O.... o,O.....o,O

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    There is an official post from bioware on their forums and they state that:

It is not our intent to make the Cartel Market the “way to play" the game—we want you to feel that both the Cartel Market and earning gear in game are viable options as far as value goes, neither being far more efficient or effective than the other.

This makes the game 100% p2w.
    This isn't really news.

Thought about coming back for a while but their whole 'P2X' model is laughably implemented.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

the real problem is that they add a ridiculous in-game cost in order to sell it with real money...and no one knows what's coming next..If I am going to grind in the game, I will do so if I know that everybody else will do it, and not because there is a grind in place in order some people "bite" and pay with real money..and we are talking about regular subscribers here, not free to play people.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    arent all of the ship upgrades in the cartel market obtainable by credits?

It's a game, a very bad one at that, no one cares.

Edit: P2W against whom exactly? It's space battles.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    arent all of the ship upgrades in the cartel market obtainable by credits?
    credits and 45 hours of space missions.

OR FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF JUST 500 CARTEL COINS! WE ARE JUST GIVING THEM AWAY A PRICES THIS LOW.
    Now chuck, tell me about that knife you are holding.
    Its a chimu-wok indian bull knife.
    Now, is that handle real leather?
    Yes, 100% genuine bull leather.
    100% AND YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF JUST 5 PAYMENT OF 9.99!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

OR FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF JUST 500 CARTEL COINS! WE ARE JUST GIVING THEM AWAY A PRICES THIS LOW.
    forgive me if i dont quite understand your reference. that being said what difference does it make if it takes awhile to get something? the only advantage i see here is that if people want to spend real money on the game, they can get upgrades to their ship faster. if it was truly unfair then the upgrades you get from the cartel market would not be obtainable to get with in game currency.

dont get me wrong im not trying to make an arguement that their f2p model is good. it has its issues. but theyre not giving any advantages to people who blow money on the cartel market with the exception of maybe some time. while this could be considered pay to win i think its getting far too much of a bad rap then it deserves. just my .02

forgive me if i dont quite understand your reference.

The problem is buying the best gear in the game. Even if it is space gear.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

While I'm not really doing SWTOR's space minigame.... I don't think it sends the right message to allow people getting best in slot gear for money and very little at that. Compared to the effort you have ingame to get these updates you could almost call those not buying the updates stupid by how much time they would save by doing so.

forgive me if i dont quite understand your reference. that being said what difference does it make if it takes awhile to get something? the only advantage i see here is that if people want to spend real money on the game, they can get upgrades to their ship faster. if it was truly unfair then the upgrades you get from the cartel market would not be obtainable to get with in game currency.

dont get me wrong im not trying to make an arguement that their f2p model is good. it has its issues. but theyre not giving any advantages to people who blow money on the cartel market with the exception of maybe some time. while this could be considered pay to win i think its getting far too much of a bad rap then it deserves. just my .02
    May I assume that you are also not against of gold buying in any game? What gold does after all that you cannot do in game?You can also make gold in-game, "it will just take you more time"...Also why not the sell the best armor available too?you can also do raids and get it in-game, "it will just take you more time".

just my .02 too
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I really hope Bioware/EA do have the level of sanity to never put any pve/pvp endgame group content on the Cartel Market.... ever.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I really hope Bioware/EA do have the level of sanity to never put any pve/pvp endgame group content on the Cartel Market.... ever.
    *cough* Makeb *cough* we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    *cough* Makeb *cough* we'll see.
    oh dear... I must have thougth about something else while writing this.... . I meant pvp/pve endgame gear, not necessarily content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    oh dear... I must have thougth about something else while writing this.... . I meant pvp/pve endgame gear, not necessarily content.
    Oh, ok. Freudian slip?

something tells me you are subconsciously more afraid of what a fiasco Makeb might be. Sit on my couch and let's discuss.

I'm used from EQ2 to pay a monthly subscription and to pay once a year for additional content. Let's see how Makeb will be but I'm having still tons of fun leveling new characters and in case they would charge me/ subscriber for Makeb it would be another nail in the coffin but frankly I don't bother too much as my family life hopefully is going to change in a matter of a year and then I won't have as much time anyway. From the point of view of an MMO veteran I'd like Bioware not to charge subscriber for Makeb or any other content as they must take shitloads via the current cartel shop. I hope they won't make the next step in the wrong direction as I wouldn't be happy to see fellow gamers with as much fun as I have to be prey for even more shit put on their heads for playing a game they like, by people not caring about the game but keeping it "alive" in some way to have something to complain about because obviously they only feel good if they can reduce something/ someone elses value.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

It's amusing that you would get this upset about fairness in a small segment of the game that you overtly and unabashedly despise.

I get that there are problems with the market and with the F2P implementation in general, but there's entirely too much pitchforking anger and a disturbing lack of perspective in here -- I believe it's called "hyperbole". You (speaking more generally now) make it very difficult to participate in these forums.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    It's amusing that you would get this upset about fairness in a small segment of the game that you overtly and unabashedly despise.
    *snip*
    make it very difficult to participate in these forums.
    I guess you missed where he was the largest supporter of this game ever, trying to inform everyone everyday that this model was viable because you could 'earn' unlocks in game. It's probably because you don't really participate in these forums, as you said. He, like me, just likes to add a little levity to every situation....though you are probably spot on with a lot of the drive by posters.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't miss anything, thank you.

I may have cut way back on posting here (for good reason) but that doesn't mean I don't still read.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".