Thread: Is JC useless?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pick a colour and control it when u have control move on the the next colour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Pick a colour and control it when u have control move on the the next colour
    Good advice but control is almost impossible on ant reasonablt populated server. All you need is two decent competitors and then you have a fight on your hand. Controlling a coout is much more difficult with research gems just being dumped on the ah.

Deleted
    I have made over 180k gold in the last 3 weeks with only Alchemy and JC. I use Alchemy to Transmute gems and then JC to cut them. With transmute gems that it's self is about 200g on primal diamonds and then when I cut them into meta gems they make me another 300g+ profit. I make about 50% of my money buying uncut gems for about 100g and then selling cut gems for 150g-350g. My server is high pop, maybe that makes a difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OniPew View Post
    I have made over 180k gold in the last 3 weeks with only Alchemy and JC. I use Alchemy to Transmute gems and then JC to cut them. With transmute gems that it's self is about 200g on primal diamonds and then when I cut them into meta gems they make me another 300g+ profit. I make about 50% of my money buying uncut gems for about 100g and then selling cut gems for 150g-350g. My server is high pop, maybe that makes a difference?
    How is transmuting gems on that scale profitable? You need golden lotus to transmute them. 180k in three weeks from transmuting? I don't know about that.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I've been making small steady profits with JC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I have the same professions and make the bulk of my money from enchanting. JCing is hardly useless though. Not a great money maker sure, but with the new price of JC only epic gems being so low, it's a very convenient professions for personal stat gains now, as opposed to an ungainly one like before.
    Then the epic gems come, if Blizard did like back in Cata then JC WILL indeed be useless compared to other professions.

Jewelcrafting is not the best money maker.

Quote Originally Posted by harhis23 View Post
    Jewelcrafting is not the best money maker.
    This. JC works best if you're playing a multitude of alts with different professions; that way, you can shuffle mats between them and keep your gold-making options open.

i'm curious which ore is best to prospect currently? kyparite? i've been prospecting all ore i find - trillium too (so many rares).

ty!

JC will become more profitable as the expansion progresses. In these early days there arent enough armor pieces with gem sockets in them.

I'm shuffling 250-500 stacks of ghost iron ore a week. Paired with xmute alchemist and an enchanter, I net out a big positive profit margin STRICTLY THROUGH META SALES. Everything else is just bonus profit that I don't even bother to throw in the math. It is highly dependant on your servers' economy though.

To give you a rough idea(on the back of my head, seemingly I threw my paper with numbers away)

3 weeks ago shuffled 100 stacks of ghost iron ore - had paid 50g/stack.
    Total
    116 mixed blue quality gems
    30 stacks of spirit dust
    50 mysterious essence
    5 ethereal shards
    20 Ilvl 415 blue rings

On my server, I could still sell the 10 metas from blue gems alone for 10k+ not considering any alch procs. There was 2k-2.5k in enchanting mats, 2-3k in 415 blue rings. and were still left with gross avg 18 red gems, 18 blue gems and 18 yellow gems which if really the market is bad to the point where they just don't sell enough, you can use to make more ethereal shards via the serpent's eyes that I didn't even list due to their little to non existant value.

Deleted
    Then you need to look harder. JC is by far the best money maker in the game, the more professions you have maxed on alts the more amazing the gap between JC and other profs becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    Then you need to look harder. JC is by far the best money maker in the game, the more professions you have maxed on alts the more amazing the gap between JC and other profs becomes.
    I'm sorry, but it was great at the beginning when everyone wanted those shiny mounts, but if your JC is still making more than your Herb/alch toon, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I take the time to actually post cuts, It's basically around raiding time post reset.
    Other than that I'm just crafting rings for DE and having my enchanter handle the rest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I'm sorry, but it was great at the beginning when everyone wanted those shiny mounts, but if your JC is still making more than your Herb/alch toon, you're doing it wrong.
    It depends on the make up of your server. JC is is far my most profitable profession. Raiding guilds make alchemy profitable. But LFR gear can still use gem slots.

I heard people are doing shuffling a little different in mop. I think it involves vendoring greens or something? What does that mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I heard people are doing shuffling a little different in mop. I think it involves vendoring greens or something? What does that mean ?
    Green quality gems are better vendored. And, depending on enchanting mats on your realm, vendoring the green rings/necks is actually more gold/item than D/E
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Green quality gems are better vendored. And, depending on enchanting mats on your realm, vendoring the green rings/necks is actually more gold/item than D/E
    So even if I can make enchants out of them, it's still not a profit?