Poll: What race(s) do you think Blizzard dropped the ball on most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei and Blood Elves most voted? WTF M8?! Well, I am kind of the opposite, blood elves and draenei represented one of the first huge major changes to WoW and ultimately made the feel of my favorite expansion, so I am kind of biased. I couldn't give a single shit about lore though.

EDIT: On topic, the race that let me down the most is Gnome. Gnomes... have absolutely no serious role in the game. Sure they help build important machines for the Alliance, but they have no real leader, their background is somewhat... mysterious? Its like where did these Gnomes come from...

Inb4 the humor of them. I don't think they're really funny. Comical, maybe give me a little chuckle if someone is doing particularly funny, but then again I'd probably be laughing the action rather than the race.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2012-12-16 at 06:10 AM.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd have to say Goblins are a huge flop. I rarely see Hordies playing them. And their story is pretty weak after Azshara.
    As a person with a goblin main and a goblin alt, albeit on a server where there are a metric ass-ton of goblins, I agree. The starting area was fun the first time around but being a goblin was no big deal after that.

I do like the lowered haste thresholds, though.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

worgen just cause i really have grown to dislike their casting animation
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Why do gnomes even exist?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the Blood Elves and the Draenei.

...Though I hate them, also add the Gnomes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Why do gnomes even exist?
    Punting.

See also: pink pigtails, and more punting.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been a fan of Tauren specially on mounts it feels like on 60% speed mount when im on a 100% mount, taurens just dont fit well with any mount.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen. Worst integration and 'shove to the side' I've seen out of any race.

People we're not talking about problems you have with a race, it's about their role and fit in the game overall.

Goblins had pre existing members to work with. The Pandaren have an entire expansion to get them well integrated. The Draenai also had some culture to explore during the Burning Crusade. And the Bloodelves just dominated that expansion.

It's the Worgen plain and simple. Apart from maybe one settlement and a few scattered NPC's, Gilneas is a unnecessary ghost town to everyone phased out of the starting area and they've no political involvement besides just sitting in Varian's room. The Worgen have the most shafted integration I've ever seen. Every race in the Horde at least feels like it has a presence.

I don't place Alliance. I have one Alliance character, and I do all my exploration through that, and it doesn't feel like the dog humans have much of a point besides being the 'hairier-British humans'.

Very disappointed. But then again I was peeved by Cataclysms story telling ANYWAY. Pandaria has more focus where an expansion should be.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-12-16 at 06:26 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Night elves got massively watered down ingame, they were the original badass savage race, now look at them. Draenei are the most neglected in lore, probably equal with worgen now tbh, but their neglect has gone on for longer. I didn't vote gnome but probably should also have, they get no development, they're treated as comedy fodder, poor gnomes
    Night Elves have never been savage race. They are highly civilized even more so than any other races. Malfurion has always been peaceful and Tyrande has always been stupid and reckless since WC3. The reason you think they were savage because you only saw their war side in WC3. In WoW you can see their city and their people who aren't warrior.

Pandaren gets my #1 vote. Started as a joke character in WC3 and ended up turning legit. Should have kept them mysterious in WoW or kept as a Brewfest icon. It'd be like writing Grandfather Winter into a novel or WoW scenario (i.e. Visiting Garrosh to give him his lump of copper for Winterveil).

Worgen seems poorly placed in the game, and I still don't get how gnomes came to be.

Night Elves and Worgen are my votes. Night Elves have been denigrated since the start of WoW, force-feeding neutral, hippie, druid crap instead of the martial race we saw with WC3. While they still manage to win, their victories are Pyrrhic, often ridiculous how things happen, and they are constantly brutalised and dragged through the mud the whole way through the storyline, to highlight how humans "do things better", and orcs are still "stronger".

Worgen... wow where to begin. They are, for all intents and purposes, WEREWOLVES: giant, feral, snarling, vicious beings with huge claws that can rip things apart, bestial strength and wolf jaws to go on with it. Even though they have a jekyll/hyde dichotomy, they should be the most viscious race in the game when they are wolf-mode, tearing forsaken apart like rag dolls and devouring the orcish relief like kibble. Instead they are portrayed as all bark and no bite, seems to be the same condition of the Night Elves, only worse.

These two races should be feared and respected, instead they are just lampoons of what they should've been and started out as.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Malfurion has always been peaceful
    Malfurion, peaceful? The same Malfurion who went into a murderous rage when Tyrande fell in battle? The same Malfurion who nearly drowned an army in QQstorm, again seeing Tyrande get hurt, the same Malfurion who tried to choke the life out of Maiev for using subversion to rein Illidan in?

Maybe he's peaceful now, ignoring his people and standing by clapping when Horde raids come in to murder his wife (ironic) but he was by no means peaceful in the past, and the Night Elves have always been a martial race with a strong warrior tradition and code of honour.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2012-12-16 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    gnomes were always off screen but had backstory in the rts games

worgens got half a starting zone, the other half belongs to the forsaken

epic story..... if u play both sides
    but for real

wtf

also
    female models

I voted Night elves and Draenei, Night elves because they were watered down waaaaaaaay too much, i can understand that they had to be toned down from being one of four factions in Warcraft III, but they can hardly hold on to anything right now, and Tyrande, a veteran of huge numbers of battles for over 10,000 years, getting schooled on "Not running into an ambush 101" by Varian Wrynn of all people (In the "a little patience"-scenario), just to give him a chance to expound on how much he's changed lately, revolting...

And Draenei because after their starting zones their lore is non-existent, they just exist to push the Blood elves' story along in BC, then do a whole lot of nothing, but Velen might say something wise and sage-like soon (tm), yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel as if Draenei will be getting a fairly huge role in the next expansion (assuming it IS the legion expansion), given how Kil'jaeden, Archimonde (who is dead) and Velen were all 'brothers'. If, when KJ resurfaces, there isnt signficiant dialog between him and Velen, I will be eversofucking disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Night Elves and Worgen are my votes. Night Elves have been denigrated since the start of WoW, force-feeding neutral, hippie, druid crap instead of the martial race we saw with WC3. While they still manage to win, their victories are Pyrrhic, often ridiculous how things happen, and they are constantly brutalised and dragged through the mud the whole way through the storyline, to highlight how humans "do things better", and orcs are still "stronger".

Worgen... wow where to begin. They are, for all intents and purposes, WEREWOLVES: giant, feral, snarling, vicious beings with huge claws that can rip things apart, bestial strength and wolf jaws to go on with it. Even though they have a jekyll/hyde dichotomy, they should be the most viscious race in the game when they are wolf-mode, tearing forsaken apart like rag dolls and devouring the orcish relief like kibble. Instead they are portrayed as all bark and no bite, seems to be the same condition of the Night Elves, only worse.

These two races should be feared and respected, instead they are just lampoons of what they should've been and started out as.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:45 AM ----------

Malfurion, peaceful? The same Malfurion who went into a murderous rage when Tyrande fell in battle? The same Malfurion who nearly drowned an army in QQstorm, again seeing Tyrande get hurt, the same Malfurion who tried to choke the life out of Maiev for using subversion to rein Illidan in?

Maybe he's peaceful now, ignoring his people and standing by clapping when Horde raids come in to murder his wife (ironic) but he was by no means peaceful in the past, and the Night Elves have always been a martial race with a strong warrior tradition and code of honour.

lol da fuck are you talking about? Yes, he almost destroyed entire night elf army out of his sadness but it's not because he is some kind of reckless and hot head person. You don't know shit if you don't know that he's peaceful leader in WotA,WC3and WoW. lol

Night Elves have never been savage race. They are highly civilized even more so than any other races. Malfurion has always been peaceful and Tyrande has always been stupid and reckless since WC3. The reason you think they were savage because you only saw their war side in WC3. In WoW you can see their city and their people who aren't warrior.
    They were originally intended to be a sort of savage race. here is some old concept art.

notice the blood on the woman's mouth

Edit: Also, i vote for worgen. all their lore more or less dead ends after gilneas, plus there is the whole model debate, but lets not start that here.
    Last edited by Coil; 2012-12-16 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    They were originally intended to be a sort of savage race. here is some old concept art.

notice the blood on the woman's mouth
    This was original concept art before Blizz changed their mind and tweaked it before WC3 so this is not legit... You can see many wrong things in that picture such as vial thing,rite of passage thing.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-16 at 07:03 AM.

lol da fuck are you talking about? Yes, he almost destroyed entire night elf army out of his sadness but it's not because he is some kind of reckless and hot head person.
    Oh right, drowning an army in overwhelming grief because you can't separate your emotions from your control over Nature is TOTALLY NOT Reckless.

you don't know shit if you don't know that he's peaceful leader in WotA,WC3and WoW. lol
    curb your mouth and your attitude, especially since you are clueless about night elf lore. Malfurion isn't a leader of the Night Elves, he's a leader of DRUIDS. This is the problem with WoW Night Elf lore, clowns like you can't separate DRUID from NIGHT ELF. He was ASLEEP for 7000 years while Tyrande LED the Night Elf people during the Long Vigil. He had to be AWAKENED in WC3 to actually lend a hand bringing Nature into the fight, AS DRUIDS DO. In WoW he went BACK TO SLEEP and was TRAPPED. Fandral took over his position as LEADER OF THE DRUIDS. When he returned he's still a NEUTRAL LEADER OF THE DRUIDS, and NOT a leader of the Night Elf people. He wasn't in WotA, he wasn't in WC3, and he isn't now.

Now cease spouting nonsense, it shows your ignorance of Night Elf lore and nothing more.

i would hold off the complaining about draenei. we're fixin' to get some major draenei crap when this whole "army of the light" stuff goes down.

anyway, i'd say worgen cause of their story just dropping off completely.

By a massive long shot, the Worgen.

They got a pathetic half ass story retcon. Seriously, what were they thinking? Long lost wolf druids gone feral? WTF? What a terribly weak story. Made worse that once their starter zone is played out, thats its. Over. Done. Nothing more to add to the race past lvl 12 or so. They give up their homeland and travel across the world to cram into a tree so lovingly provided by night elves. Seriously Blizzard, re-retcon them back to their original story, and get rid of the absurd ability to shift between human and worgen. Seriously, worgen you are, worgen you stay. Give them some back bone, because as it is right now, they're totally spayed.

The models are horribly, horribly animated. Running wild? Seriously? As a group, they say they want to hang on to their humanity, but will happily get on all fours and run around idiotically? It looks absurd. Are they waiting for someone to slap them on the ass while they're down there? Looks like it. And even upright, they are incapable of running! Their power stride is a joke.

Terrible models. Especially the females, who easily have the worst model of the whole game. Seriously, completely scrap that garbage and start over. We don't want foxes, or chihauhaus, we want WOLVES.

Their sounds are easily the worst in the game also. Snort every 5seconds, and the worst voice acting known to gaming kind. With that ridiculous accent, my god, hire actual British actors.

The Alliance wanted a cool/monster race, and maybe one day they'll actually get one. Worgen add nothing to this game.