Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    So no, you can't. Even if you treat Europe as one country. Sort it by year and then reread what you quoted the first time.
    I don't understand your point, if you sort it by year it still looks pretty similar to the America one. 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    "In Europe we don't have any mass killing rampages!"

*Looks at WWI and WWII*

You're right Europe. You're so far ahead of us. Until we start a world war we can never be on par.
    That is some god awful continent-bashing false equivalence.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Magazine, sorry but I get mild autism attacks when I see clips instead of magazines.
    In da hood where we be mean thugin we call dem clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    uhhhhhh wtf? they do realize that any full-auto weapon is against the law to own AND any magazine that holds over 30 rounds is too right? how can you ban something that is already against the law to own?
    That law expired in 2004 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Don't ban firearms, regulate them better. Stop letting every moron with ID buy them, mandatory training and proper storage should be a requirement. A good gun safe can be brought very cheaply, and make owners accountable too for letting them get stolen or "losing" them. How the fuck do you lose a gun anyway?
    I usually say this every time a gun control issue arises, just because I put the same twist on a car, if you put the same numbers up but put it as the suspect used a car, there wouldn't be this much of a stink being raised. It is really to easy to obtain weapons..yet slightly more difficult to get a driver's license in some places.

Better background and mental health checks should be implemented, getting a doctor's note saying that someone has a clean bill of health and no mental issues that would indicate a person is suicidal or homicidal would reduce incidents, and show that responsible owners of firearms shouldn't be worried about one nut job ruining it for everyone else. Even adding licenses to buy semi automatic weapons should be implemented in my opinion. The basic arms that should be allowed constitutionally should be bolt action rifles, shotguns, and handguns, and this is coming from someone who owns an AR-15 that hasn't seen the light of day in the last 6 months with the firing pin and bolt removed rendering it useless currently.
    Last edited by stockishgsr; 2012-12-16 at 07:50 PM.

Except there are mechanisms in place for the government to be notified of large/suspicious purchases of fertilizers, so...
    Yea, that would work if it was a long planned out event where they were collecting the items needed over a period of time. If they did their research and bought the items needed the day of this would mechanism would be worthless and to little to late by the time the government got wind of it.

That is some god awful continent-bashing false equivalence.
    Okay so let me get this strait:
    Even mentioning the largest failure in human history is "continent bashing" but using a national tragedy as ammunition to fuel your political views is A-okay?

Don't ban guns, regulate them better. Why is it so easy to get a gun in Texas but so difficult in New York? Too much inconsistency across the country. No real argument is right. If we ban guns, then it makes it extremely dangerous when someone does get a gun illegally, which will happen regardless. If everyone has guns, things like this might happen less, or might be stopped much sooner, but could lead to more gun casualties if someone who has a gun gets too pissed off. In the most recent case of the Newtown shooting, the guns used were all legal, were kept safe, but how could a mother know her son would shoot her, then use those guns to shoot children? If there weren't extended clips, maybe less children would have been killed, or maybe he would have compensated and brought more with him and more children might have been killed. There isn't really an easy solution to this, and no matter what happens with policy and law, things like this will continue to happen. The only thing that could stop this is implant mind reading chips in every single person to monitor their thoughts and intentions, honestly..

10+ Year Old Account
    Assault Weapons are extremely regulated, very expensive, and hard to get. They aren't being used in mass murders either. No Point in re-banning them cause it didn't change shit in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Definitely against this. People who are willing to commit such heinous crimes will not care about the law.

I would support a bill requiring people who own such weapons to have approved gun safes so they don't get stolen.
    http://www.philstar.com/nation/2012/...t-china-school

Last week a man in china tried to Stab 22 kids and surprise he didnt kill any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't understand your point, if you sort it by year it still looks pretty similar to the America one. 0o
    If by "pretty similar" you mean completely different. Granted it is a pretty shitty list to begin with, but go look up the gun death statistics between Europe and America. Then consider the fact that Europe has a population of 739 million, while the European Union alone has 503 million.

The United States has 311 million.

Except there are mechanisms in place for the government to be notified of large/suspicious purchases of fertilizers, so...
    Do you have any idea how many Home Depot-like stores there are in a 50 miles radius of me? The government has no way to be notified of a person paying cash to purchase fertilizer. While its a tragedy my take on this is that there will always be flawed people that wish to do harm, if it be rape or murder the most we can do is prepare for it and be vigilant, you cant counsel or legislate deranged people into not being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    In da hood where we be mean thugin we call dem clips.
    AK-47 with that 100 round drum

For me to support any weapons ban I have to be sure and confident in the terminology and classification of firearms that the bill uses. And they never do it right. It's always some ambiguous crap that they try to push through that encompasses more weapons than they try to claim it does. Restricting anything that has over a 10 round magazine? That's just retarded. There are pistols, shotguns, rifles, AR's. All capable of having magazines larger than 10 round magazines. I can see banning the sale of these magazines but not the weapons capable of using them.

Take the standard AR. It can handle a 5, 10, 20, 30 and higher magazine. Which one would you classify it with? Ban it because it can use a large magazine? You can take almost any pistol and buy an extended clip and have it hold more than 10 rounds. I guess those could be gone to.

Just ban everything but bolt-action rifles and shotguns that cannot be concealed easily. You can still hunt, but if you woke up crazy one morning, it would be hard to kill a lot of people in a short time.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Okay so let me get this strait:
    Even mentioning the largest failure in human history is "continent bashing" but using a national tragedy as ammunition to fuel your political views is A-okay?
    When disaster happens, the rational thing to do is to take preventive measures to prevent the same thing from happening later in the exact same year. This is nothing to do with political views, and everything to do with controlling gun violence. Complaining about people fuelling "political views" because they demand action, is refusing to address a major issue with tragic consequences because of political ideology.

You don't get to make an issue into a strictly political view that disregards reality, and then complain about political views when anyone tries to tackle the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-shootings-map

Why have all these mass shootings taken place in the past 30 years, especially in the past 20 years.? What's the root problem? We've had guns long before then.

Look, some Dems want an entire ban on guns. Groups like the NRA and people like me are very hesitant when it comes to new gun control legislation. You give the left an inch and they'll demand a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Just ban anything but bolt-action rifles and shotguns that cannot be concealed easily. You can still hunt, but if you woke up crazy one morning, it would be hard to kill a lot of people in a short time.
    Considering you can saw off the barrell of most shotguns and make them easily concealable this isn't really a great concept/

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Yea, that would work if it was a long planned out event where they were collecting the items needed over a period of time. If they did their research and bought the items needed the day of this would mechanism would be worthless and to little to late by the time the government got wind of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Do you have any idea how many Home Depot-like stores there are in a 50 miles radius of me? The government has no way to be notified of a person paying cash to purchase fertilizer.
    Yet someone preparing a mass murder can just order 3000 bullets online without tripping any red flags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big problem is this is how they classify firearms in their AWB bills...