Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    lolwut? Not only is this incorrect it shows a pretty stunning lack of understanding of how simple technology works...
    How it works:
    >Statement made based on logical reasoning. Whether fact or simply a drawn conclusion is irrelevant, the statement itself is made.
    >Someone with information to say otherwise presents it as such as a counterpoint. "This is inaccurate. Allow me to demonstrate why"

Even going beyond the original two people debating, a third observer can come in and gain knowledge as to why the point was made, and why it was proven false (if it was).

How it does not work:
    >"lolwut, not only are you wrong but you don't even know"

Is this the part where we try again? Or is this the part where you sit back down?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    How it works:
    >Statement made based on logical reasoning. Whether fact or simply a drawn conclusion is irrelevant, the statement itself is made.
    >Someone with information to say otherwise presents it as such as a counterpoint. "This is inaccurate. Allow me to demonstrate why"

Even going beyond the original two people debating, a third observer can come in and gain knowledge as to why the point was made, and why it was proven false (if it was).

How it does not work:

Is this the part where we try again? Or is this the part where you sit back down?
    Well that guy who claimed that ANet doesn't do backups is wrong so TradewindNQ is correct, InfinteRetro doesn't know what he is talking about. ANet announced a little while ago if you get your account hacked they can fully replace everything in your account for free (but only once).

Quote Originally Posted by androidftw View Post
    GW2 might actually make it game of the year 2012 on IGN too.

Game of the Year Nominees
    IGN's official nominees for 2012 Game of the Year are...

■Mass Effect 3
    ■Guild Wars 2
    ■The Unfinished Swan
    ■Borderlands 2
    ■Hotline Miami
    ■FTL
    ■Halo 4
    ■The Walking Dead: The Game
    ■Journey
    ■Dishonored
    Pretty little list of bullshit. No, I agree with some choices, Dishonored is probably the best game in genre and Mass Effect 3 doesn't deserve half the bashing it receives - Borderlands 2 deserves some attention too. But putting Guild Wars on the list? This game is a nice little trick - it forced me to think it's something "revolutionary" and "groundbreaking" while being something like early WoW - just without actually being early WoW. The game seems like tastless copy of WoW time to time. And Halo 4... yea, beating a dead horse all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Well that guy who claimed that ANet doesn't do backups is wrong so TradewindNQ is correct, InfinteRetro doesn't know what he is talking about. ANet announced a little while ago if you get your account hacked they can fully replace everything in your account for free (but only once).
    They still deny that they have the tech. Gaile's single post that they could was referencing the ability to do that in GW1, and that they don't have the tech to do it in GW2 "yet, but we're working on it".

They either have the tech to do it, or they don't, the "one time" thing is bogus in either direction and should be drawing your attention to that matter as a falsified point from the beginning.

They have the ability to roll back pretty much any/everything in GW1. People started losing accounts because of compromised databases all over the internet. Or because reasons. I don't know, I don't care. They finally get it back, they can't get things restored. This is fact from ANet. They've said so themselves. And seeing as I still go through the devtracker, I haven't seen them announcing that they've suddenly implemented a one-time-restore feature. Could you, perhaps, find me a link? Maybe I missed it. But the only one I remember is Gaile being misinterpreted and having to correct that by reiterating "It was only for GW1".

How it works:

How it does not work:

People who deserve an explanation get one, annoying fucks spouting off with a remedial understanding of the subject get the minimum amount of effort I am willing to put forth because it would otherwise be an utter waste of my time as it would accomplish about as much as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Now if you have something that corroborates his statement, I'd love to see it. Until then, eat me.

Sitting back down now, Moderator.

Should have stayed seated. Let's not insult other posters, moderator or not. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-12-17 at 08:17 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty little list of bullshit. No, I agree with some choices, Dishonored is probably the best game in genre and Mass Effect 3 doesn't deserve half the bashing it receives - Borderlands 2 deserves some attention too. But putting Guild Wars on the list? This game is a nice little trick - it forced me to think it's something "revolutionary" and "groundbreaking" while being something like early WoW - just without actually being early WoW. The game seems like tastless copy of WoW time to time. And Halo 4... yea, beating a dead horse all over again.
    What games would you suggest for game of the year? Diablo 3?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    If it were Call of Duty, I'd agree with the dead horse beating. Or bleating. Halo 4... feels different enough, both in the single player and the multiplayer. I would have a harder time justifying Borderlands2 as a #1 of the year over Halo 4 simply because of the gameplay style (even though the art and humor are both spectacular). That said, I do agree with your sentiment on Dishonored and ME3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    What games would you suggest for game of the year? Diablo 3?

They still deny that they have the tech. Gaile's single post that they could was referencing the ability to do that in GW1, and that they don't have the tech to do it in GW2 "yet, but we're working on it".

They either have the tech to do it, or they don't, the "one time" thing is bogus in either direction and should be drawing your attention to that matter as a falsified point from the beginning.

They have the ability to roll back pretty much any/everything in GW1. People started losing accounts because of compromised databases all over the internet. Or because reasons. I don't know, I don't care. They finally get it back, they can't get things restored. This is fact from ANet. They've said so themselves. And seeing as I still go through the devtracker, I haven't seen them announcing that they've suddenly implemented a one-time-restore feature. Could you, perhaps, find me a link? Maybe I missed it. But the only one I remember is Gaile being misinterpreted and having to correct that by reiterating "It was only for GW1".
    They can rollback compromised accounts now. Announced a few days ago.

They can rollback compromised accounts. Announced a few days ago.
    Ah, I missed this one, then. Despite my cynicism (it is just shy of four months into the game's launch, now?), it is a pleasant surprise and I'm glad I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-17 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    Kinda okay - ish list, I think some are missplaced but different opinions and stuff. Gw2 shouldnt be Place 1 simply because of that horrible start the game had, so many players had problems and many others got banned for no apparent reason this game does not deserve it + the lack of end game PvE content did its part, no place one for that game, but maybe a lower ranking would be justified (6) ?

AC3 did not deserve his place either, it was incredible overhyped and couldn't hold onto AC2 in any regards, the story was not well thought out, the main character HAD WAY TO MUCH influence into the history (keep it down Ubisoft). The graphics are again good like in the 2nd Part of the AC line but this time many mistakes sneaked in (snow did not work correct, texturing of trees, cliffs and houses from time to time was absolutely horrible because it happened in areas that you travel through faster and were not easy accessed.

Im okay with the rest, though I wished Hitman: Absolution would be there, despite the little changed gameplay it was nearly flawless in execution, this game actually deserved the spot of place 1 / 2.

Deleted
    Throwing my opinions since it seems to be the done thing. Im sure some will agree and probably alot will be instulted....

I enjoy GW2. Don't think its GOTY material. LBP, AC3 Halo 4 definetly do not deserve to be on the list. Dishonoreds spot on the list is questionable.
    Xenoblade definetly deserves to be on that list. I honestly feel Diablo 3 deserves to be there too. Despite its hip to hate status (inb4 Blizzard fanboy, dont even bother sinking that low, I am not and it seems to be the only thing that people who hate on diablo can think to say when someone enjoys it, get a life seriously)

No Dragons Dogma and Walking dead was surprising, especially when Hawo 4 WAS included.

I think there is plenty to say about D3 besides fanboy that makes it unworthy of being on the list.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I didn't buy a single game on that list :/, nor did I have any real interest in doing so. I just rented Assassin's Creed 3 from the library, so I am about to give that a try, and I did play a GW2 beta, but other than that I haven't even wanted to play any of the games on that list.

There are many things wrong with GW2 atleast PvP wise (I've heard that they will put more focus into it later), but it's sure as hell worth 40€ that it costs.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bleh! Just another, "Really, you didn't have this sort of capability built in at release?" sort of deal.
    Anything that culled morons from the game early (just like the wave of bans for exploits), I'm more than fine with.

Anything that culled morons from the game early (just like the wave of bans for exploits), I'm more than fine with.
    Really? You're more than fine that it took how many months to get a functional two-factor authentication, which was acknowledged as a priority before the game even reached beta?

You're more than fine that how many people lost their stuff (be it because they were morons, or the people that generally practice Internet Safety and still got hit), and had no way to get any of that back, just because it cleared out the game for you, and now that they're gone it's okay to implement a restore feature, just shy of four months later? Really?

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 12:31 PM ----------

Really, that's about one of the dumbest things I've seen said on this board.
    Dumbest is not the word I would use. Self-centered, egotistical, priveledged. I'd say abrasive but that one would be very pot/kettle.

Really? You're more than fine that it took how many months to get a functional two-factor authentication, which was acknowledged as a priority before the game even reached beta?

You're more than fine that how many people lost their stuff (be it because they were morons, or the people that generally practice Internet Safety and still got hit), and had no way to get any of that back, just because it cleared out the game for you, and now that they're gone it's okay to implement a restore feature, just shy of four months later? Really?

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 12:31 PM ----------

Dumbest is not the word I would use. Self-centered, egotistical, priveledged. I'd say abrasive but that one would be very pot/kettle.
    I used to work in IT for years. 99% of "hacks" in my experience were simple human ignorance or ignoring of simple rules, so I've ran out of all sympathy for people who use the same passwords for games and forums, click on unsolicited links or lose an account by using a simple password. If the people who were hacked learned a valuable lesson about internet security, it's far better than if something important was lost. I'm pissy that way.

I used to work in IT for years. 99% of "hacks" in my experience were simple human ignorance or ignoring of simple rules, so I've ran out of all sympathy for people who use the same passwords for games and forums, click on unsolicited links or lose an account by using a simple password. If the people who were hacked learned a valuable lesson about internet security, it's far better than if something important was lost. I'm pissy that way.
    Personally I don't think that's fair. There's a certain amount of blame one can allocate to a user but there's also only a certain amount one can expect from a user. I still find ANet's "someone changed your password, hopefully it was you!" ludicrous.
    Still, good lessons all round.

You and probably half this board, here's a medal.

Anyway, your stance makes no sense. So people that were hacked on 11/31 are retards but people hacked on 12/1 are ok and you don't mind keeping them around? And you love it when games you play lose large chunks of population?

In reality, this is nothing more than a, "It's right because ArenaNet did it." commentary on your part.
    Yawn. Actually, in reality, it's your "ANet is bad! It really, really is!" mindset that saw that.