Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Golden Sun 1 and 2?

This game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMc40qxJK4

When I was younger I asked my parents for a GBA. but they never bought me one.

So I was forced to play one by other means.

Then I found Golden Sun and it's second part.

I have never ever seen such a underappreciated game ever, it was one of the best games I ever played. Right up there...

Did you ever play it? Did you finish both games? It is truly epic in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-01-30 at 08:34 AM.

Completionist-Finished em both. Up on top off my list of GBA games for sure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've finished all three of them, bought the first game with my GBA in thailand so it stopped working after a while (only the game) and got the second when it came out and the third for DS when it came out, amazing games all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

played summers long of golden sun 1, never really got into 2 since I was too busy with 1!

One of the best RPGs ever if you ignore the excessive dialogue. Also there was no 3rd game (we do not speak about it, it was terrible).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    One of the best RPGs ever if you ignore the excessive dialogue. Also there was no 3rd game (we do not speak about it, it was terrible).
    Kraden loooooves to talk...

One of my favorite games of all time. Amazing story, the music is perfect and amazingly good for the hardware it was composed for, and the visuals are just gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    This game:

When I was younger I asked my parents for a GBA. but they never bought me one.

So I was forced to play one by other means.

Then I found Golden Sun and it's second part.

I have never ever seen such a underappreciated game ever, it was one of the best games I ever played. Right up there...

Did you ever play it? Did you finish both games? It is truly epic in my opinion.
    It is unbelievable. Honestly, both iterations are up there on my list of top games I've played. I ADORE THEM and have played through them more than once. I am dying to play the third one for the DS, but I haven't been able yet. It makes me happy to see others appreciating this work of art
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

These games were so flipping epic. I loved everything about them. I think they deserve more fame than they get.

Amazing games. Unbelievably good looking for a GBA game, great combat. Good story and music too.

Deleted
    Nice to know other people enjoyed it too!

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:45 PM ----------

But I always found it annoying in 2, where you had to drag around a water Djinn with you because you didn't find a Water Adept yet.

Golden Sun music appreciation time!!!

Last edited by Amuramie; 2012-12-17 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spacing

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most beautiful games for the GBA, loved it from beggining to end, the 2nd one was extremely long and enjoying.

The two first were amazing. I played through the first one on an emulator, saved money and bought the second one, had hours upon hours of fun with them. Never completely cleared them, but still, I beat the last boss in both.

The third, I never completed. It wasn't BAD, it just... felt lacking in some aspects.

Is there going to be a fourth?

I got into them in college, on my roommate's GBA. I beat the first one (completionist style) and I can't remember ever beating the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had a GBA myself so I emulated them and absolutely fell in love with 1 and 2, those and Shining Force being the only GBA games I ever finished.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Sun is fantastic! Good systems, great music, light-hearted and grim at the same time, just fantastic!^^ I beat the first two via emulation (boo for bad game stores in my area! -.-), but the third one I got legit. Loved all three^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who didn't like this game? I played part way through, thought it was awful, and gave up.

absolutely loved these games
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't like this game? I played part way through, thought it was awful, and gave up.
    care to explain what points you didn't like?