View Poll Results: Should Rep be account wide?

Voters
219. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I should only have to get rep one time

124 56.62%
  • No - I like leveling rep on each character

48 21.92%
  • Indifferent - People would still complain

47 21.46%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Making Rep Account Wide

Should Rep be account wide and not toon specific? Would this be enough to silence the constant complaints about dailies? Or would it serve no real purpose as people will complain just to complain? Your thoughts?

EDIT: After reading through responses, there seems to be a great misunderstanding about this idea focusing on current content. My main thought behind account wide rep is more or less for all of the Classic, TBC, and Wrath factions. Again, not that I care either way, as I figure people would still complain just to complain, but please understand this is about rep from every faction in the game, and not just end game factions. Also, it is FAR from any discussions about VP gear and gating, so please avoid the derails. Thanks!
    Last edited by BeastmasterGuardian; 2012-12-18 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definetly account wide. That's just my opinion. Why grind them all over again on an alt if they've been done already on the main?....
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

I'm exalted in my main, and when I got my alt to 90, I noticed that some of the rep they actually give you while doing quests brought me to revered with a couple things(with the 100% rep token thing obviously).

Obviously I'm not going to bother with the dailies, but I would think it wouldn't take very long if I did them to get exalted. I really don't know what people are complaining about, the dailies really don't take that long, and once you get exalted there's no real reason to keep doing them, you get enough tokens on the way to exalted that you're good for a couple months.

Account wide rep would be great, but it doesn't matter to me either way as I only do it once for my main anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it, but it wouldn't solve any issues. People would then whine and moan about there not being enough content as they now don't have to do dailies on multiple toons and only have to do each rep once. I would absolutely adore it if they made them Account bound quests just like the pet battle ones and made the rep account wide. Killing rep for raids could be tied to boss kill eligibility just like loot presumably and then expand that rep lockout to the entire account also (although finishing MC rep in three weeks (on 7 toons) and not 21 weeks on one toon would just be amazing).

all this make *blank* account wide has to stop, its getting outta hand and all it does is actually reduce the fact your playing an alt, if your alts got credit for everything your main does than your not even gonna bother playing your alt cause its already done thanks to your mister main. wanna play an alt? than quit crying and bitching and go actually play the alt. don't wanna go through the grinds? well than boohoo the toon don't get the shiny rewards ah well, plenty other ways to get gear and other things to do.

oh god, this again,

i suppose next....."i leveled a toon to 90, give me all max characters now"

only a matter of time, lazy players nowadays.........

Yes! Make everything account-wide. Mounts, pets, achievements, reputation, character levels, gear, class specializations and abilities and whatever else you can think of.

Deleted
    wrong quote, sorry

I look at as i am one toon that can change his profession/ class with logging onto a different toon. I am still the same person, This is why games like The Secret World are awesome level 1 character and you don't level, but rather gain experience to purchase skills and make your character whatever you want. But at the end of it all you still only need 1 character. So you can do every class on 1 character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    oh god, this again,

i suppose next....."i leveled a toon to 90, give me all max characters now"

only a matter of time, lazy players nowadays.........

Too late, I've already seen few threads asking about it..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people would still whine, because that's what people like to do.

However I would vote no as once you get one toon to exalted what's the point of getting any other toon past rev which really isn't that hard to hit when using the bonus rep. Really on an alt you only need to run the dailies needed for profession recipes since you can get enough gear just running dungeons or LFR and even if you had 1 or 2 factions to honoured you'll have enough gear to spend that VP if you are really unlucky.

There should be a point to playing alts too. Rep doesn't need to be account wide.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Specific factions account wide, no.
    Raise X amount of factions to Exalted, yes.

That's all I want to see changed.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

There's quite a large difference between playing the game and grinding the game.

For someone who spends the time to maximize how well he does on his alt (to the point where he can play it as good as mains), and spends hours on UI, learning the class, getting comfortable with new abilities, while still keeping up on his main, how can you call him "lazy."

---

I would be a little disappointed to have nothing, but I definitely think some achieves and reps should be account-wide or have significantly easier mechanisms to obtain on alts than others. Namely, I would say reps that are meant for nothing but pure grind (Steamwheedle, Bloodsail Buccaneers, Hydraxian Waterlords, Alliance/Horde forces) should have account-bound status.

I think that reputations which require MORE currency to purchase (MOP valor reps) had the right step - account-bound 100% increased progress, though not sure if it should have required exalted instead of revered on a main.

Reputations which reward pure items (Avengers of Hyjal) should not have any means, since you're gaining the rep on your alt by playing it, just like you would your main.

TL/DR: I voted yes, but in actuality I don't think all reps should be considered equal.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-17 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda in that boat where if there was a decent way to get rep besides dailies, I would say no to account-wide rep. I just hate dailies SO much (probably why I never really do them) that anything to help get around them but still gear would be welcome.

Reputation should be account wide. Everything is these days anyways. Heirlooms, achievements, titles, pets, mounts, even pet battle quests. Might as well make reputation a one time thing too. Can't imagine doing all the reputation on every single character now. I don't think people are sane enough too. In the past it wasn't needed since everyone had one or two main characters they played / raided with but now with the state of the game focused on alts and everything account wide, it is something they will eventually get around to doing, it's just a matter of time.

Hell. In Vanilla nobody would believe if someone said that you would be able to buy raiding BiS gear on the AH in the future.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes, in that I really hate farming stuff I've done before on my many, many alts... but with that said, a few reps just don't work with that philosophy. Scryers vs. Aldor or Oracle vs. Frenzyheart, for instance, would need adjusted.

While we're wishing for ponies, I'd love to have my overall pool of valor/justice/conquest/honor, rather than on an individual character basis. I often feel like I'm "wasting time" when I'm capped on one character (but still need something from whatever it is I'm running) when other alts need the points.

you almost get all the rep from doing normal quests now on alts... More easy than that is hard

making everything accountwide is another way of ruining the game... If you wanna play alts, just play them...

Getting access to all recipes and goodies available at exalted just by leveling rep on 1 toon is a very bad design... Reputation locked recipes are locked so they are a bit more rare and take a bit more time to get than normal vendor recipes...

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Reputation should be account wide. Everything is these days anyways. Heirlooms, achievements, titles, pets, mounts, even pet battle quests. Might as well make reputation a one time thing too. Can't imagine doing all the reputation on every single character now. I don't think people are sane enough too. In the past it wasn't needed since everyone had one or two main characters they played / raided with but now with the state of the game focused on alts and everything account wide, it is something they will eventually get around to doing, it's just a matter of time.
    I agree with you mostly, but as I said in my post do you think all reps should be considered equal? Some reps give you raiding rewards basically for free, some unlock the ability to purchase said rewards. Others just give you discounts (which could be account-wide), and some reps serve no purpose at all other than for crazies to take years worth of their time to obtain.

I do think Profession Recipe "Lockers" would be a better account-bound thing than reputations though. And the reputation recipes are not the hard ones to get on alts, it's the world drops that sell for 10000g+ (some for 50k+)