Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engi "synapse springs" + Skullrender Medallion Question

Just got the Skullrender Medallion but thinking of keeping my Carbonic Carbuncle
    and dmc trinket since it really messes with the cds on the springs, Does anyone
    have any tips in how u sorted it? or shall i just shape up and get 2 diffrent use
    buttons? Cheers

So I'm assuming the Skullrender Medallion shares a CD with engineering synapse springs? If true, no wonder why my character sims almost 2k less with SMedallion vs CC

Using a use effect on an on use trinket will put your Synapse Springs on cooldown for the duration of the buff from the trinket, in this case your Skullrender Medallion, and vice versa to prevent stacking them.
    So say you use your Medallion, your Synapse Springs will then have a 15 second "cooldown" on them while your Medallion buff is active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use springs with bloodbath, use trinket after.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post
    Use springs with bloodbath, use trinket after.
    Was thinking the same, and put the trinket to execute so i easy can activate
    it on demand,

Which was it using with your big CDs up? Try changing the priority to use the other one stacked with more CDs and see what happens, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Which was it using with your big CDs up? Try changing the priority to use the other one stacked with more CDs and see what happens, too.
    You're really better off with either a passive DPS profession, or the other trinket. The shared cooldown is just a DPS loss, up until some really high gear level point. Check the MoP Fury thread at the wow forums (later posts).

Quote Originally Posted by Urve View Post
    You're really better off with either a passive DPS profession, or the other trinket. The shared cooldown is just a DPS loss, up until some really high gear level point. Check the MoP Fury thread at the wow forums (later posts).
    Is this your opinion or do you have any hard fact on this?, also keep in mind 1 min 45 sec Vs 1 min - 30 sec Vs 15 sec duration,
    Not only am i simmed 1200 dps+ with the skullrender its perfect for phases it requires a little extra burn such as
    Feng adds, Elegon adds, Sha of fear hc adds etc etc, Yes the medallion requires moore micro management but its worth it,

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    So I'm assuming the Skullrender Medallion shares a CD with engineering synapse springs? If true, no wonder why my character sims almost 2k less with SMedallion vs CC
    Every on-use trinket shares a cd with springs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Every on-use trinket shares a cd with springs.
    Iirc it doesn't really share a cooldown, but using springs imposes a 30sec cd on on-use trinkets and vice versa.

No when you use any on use item, springs, trinkets, everything else go on cd for the duration of that item's effect so say springs is 10 second effect which means the trink will go on a 10 sec cd, if trink has 20 sec duration then springs will go on a 20 sec cd when u pop the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Iirc it doesn't really share a cooldown, but using springs imposes a 30sec cd on on-use trinkets and vice versa.
    Srsly where do you get theese numbers from?

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    No when you use any on use item, springs, trinkets, everything else go on cd for the duration of that item's effect so say springs is 10 second effect which means the trink will go on a 10 sec cd, if trink has 20 sec duration then springs will go on a 20 sec cd when u pop the trinket.
    Spot on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubadix View Post
    Srsly where do you get theese numbers from?

Was at work and got it from the back of my head, that's why I wrote "iirc". Main point being that trinket+springs can't be used together.
    Didn't actually know that it's the duration of the effect one has just used. That's nice to know.

Is this your opinion or do you have any hard fact on this?, also keep in mind 1 min 45 sec Vs 1 min - 30 sec Vs 15 sec duration,
    Not only am i simmed 1200 dps+ with the skullrender its perfect for phases it requires a little extra burn such as
    Feng adds, Elegon adds, Sha of fear hc adds etc etc, Yes the medallion requires moore micro management but its worth it,
    would like to see your gear. being an engineer i sim'd worse with skullrender than cc, by a decent margin.

would like to see your gear. being an engineer i sim'd worse with skullrender than cc, by a decent margin.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dwall/advanced

nice gear. I'm still simming you higher with either carbonic or lei shen's vs skull mender by about 2k

nice gear. I'm still simming you higher with either carbonic or lei shen's vs skull mender by about 2k
    Darkmoon and skullrender: Shieldwall : 101236 dps

Darkmoon and Carbonic Carbuncle: Shieldwall : 100918 dps

And dont forget this is a patchwerk sim that does not exist,
    Sit back in your chair and think of the possibilities where
    you could use it efficient in comparison to lei shi and CC,
    I am doing my first raid tomorrow with skullrender so i will try it out now in practic,

Darkmoon and skullrender: Shieldwall : 101236 dps

Darkmoon and Carbonic Carbuncle: Shieldwall : 100918 dps

And dont forget this is a patchwerk sim that does not exist,
    Sit back in your chair and think of the possibilities where
    you could use it efficient in comparison to lei shi and CC
    I am doing my first raid tomorrow with skullrender so i will try it out now in practic,
    Even with your sim its a ~300dps increase for 1750 vp that can be spent elsewhere more effectively. Would be interested to see if you can provide a model better than simcraft for every engineer warrior out deciding between SR or Lei Shen that can also take into consideration other models of boss fights.

Would be interested to see if you can provide a model better than simcraft for every engineer warrior out deciding between SR or Lei Shen that can also take into consideration other models of boss fights.
    Read my post again

Read my post again
    don't have to. you're not providing any factual or at the very least theoretical evidence to backup your claim on SR being a worthy upgrade for 1750 vp. In addition SR yielded significantly lower numbers than CC did for me as a warrior with synapse springs. And I don't think 3-5 ilvls will change that.

If simC is that unreliable then why don't you sit back in your chair and work out a better model thats more suited for real raid analysis?

Fact of the matter is, if you're an engineer, you're better off spending those valors elsewhere more effectively and wait patiently for Lei Shen if what you have is CC + Xuen.