Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Rise of The Hutt Cartel: First Digital Expansion

Yay, new expansion and boo subsribers have to pay extra for it.

First Digital Expansion - Coming in Spring 2013!

Continue your Star Wars™ saga with a new level cap of 55.
    Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations.
    New Planet: Makeb - Explore a vibrant alien landscape.

10$ for subs 20$ for f2p

http://www.swtor.com/rothc
    http://www.swtor.com/buy
    Last edited by Odegon; 2012-12-18 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    I think thats the final nail in the coffin for my active sub for this game, i already dont feel like i get enough for my money content wise, now they want more, $10 bucks is not much, but its the principle.

If i felt i got plenty of content in the last 12 months i'd have probably been more willing to part with cash for more content, now..not so much.

Interesting that its slipped out with no announcment, im guessing someone's gonna get in trouble for putting it up early!

Sounds more like a DLC than a full-blown expansion... Only 3 features they bother to announce?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I'm not really interested in the Hutt Cartel. It's definitely not what I was hoping for in the first expansion.

Having said that, I have to admit that the starting zone and story for the BH and IA were the most compelling and organic of the 8 class stories. And both were focused on the Hutt Cartel. $10 is worth it, just to see if they can pull it off again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelle View Post
    Sounds more like a DLC than a full-blown expansion... Only 3 features they bother to announce?
    Yeah if we get more info that might make it appealing, makeb themed raid/dungeon and warzone might swing it, but meh i'll see

a new link for it has been posted.

Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-12-18 at 12:14 PM.

ya know i love how subbers say they shouldnt have to pay for Xpacs when ALL of them PAID for the WoW Xpacs each time they came out. and those were FIFTY dollars per Xpac to boot( even i did)

I already knew EXPANSIONS would cost money even for subs so $10 isnt a bad cost hell $20 STILL beats WoW Xpacs cost.......

im still up in the air if i still want to be a subber or not. I still have a love of the game and my classes but with RL being so hectic not too much time to play sadly.

Deleted
    Well since it's the first expansion I will give EA/BW the benefit of the doubt and buy it, then I will asses whether or not the content justfies the cost and that will sway my decision on future (if any) expansions.
    So, I'm quietly excited about it but not expecting too much.

1 new zone for 10 bucks? this sould have been a normal patch.
    I'm also surprised they actually went for the level cap increase. I'm really wondering how they will solve the PVE endgame with that. will they adjust the dungeons/ops? so 50s cant do them anymore? will they not adjust them and they'll be too easy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ya know i love how subbers say they shouldnt have to pay for Xpacs when ALL of them PAID for the WoW Xpacs each time they came out. and those were FIFTY dollars per Xpac to boot( even i did)

I already knew EXPANSIONS would cost money even for subs so $10 isnt a bad cost hell $20 STILL beats WoW Xpacs cost.......

im still up in the air if i still want to be a subber or not. I still have a love of the game and my classes but with RL being so hectic not too much time to play sadly.
    Depends on the size of makeb, and any other ancillary content at the moment we dont know how this stacks up against WoWs.

If makeb is anything like the main games planets it'll just be on par with one WoW zone. whereas at least a WoW expansion gives you up to half a dozen zones, and throws in stuff like pet battles, challenge modes, new classes, new races along with a good half a dozen dungeons and 2 or 3 raids.

I'm not a WoW fan boy but theres no way from this info you can say that this is even half or a quarter of what a WoW expansion is at this time.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-12-18 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Yeah if we get more info that might make it appealing, makeb themed raid/dungeon and warzone might swing it, but meh i'll see

a new link for it has been posted.

thanks I will update my original post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

The thing is that WoW Xpacs was big and had ALOT on content. This is just 3 shity things. If they add like 10 more things then its ok to call it an Xpac now its just added content like a New WZ a New Ops or a FP.
    Play 5 lvl on 1 planet? Yeah fun first time but if you now have like 3 or more lvl 50s you be sick to your bones.

I will NOT play SWTOR after 24/12 and I will not pay for this.

I love all the people who think they'll increase the lvl cap to 55, but not release any new flash points or operations... Click the link next time.

Face-off against a frightening new enemy when you battle the nefarious Hutt Cartel.
    Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    1 new zone for 10 bucks? this sould have been a normal patch.
    I'm also surprised they actually went for the level cap increase. I'm really wondering how they will solve the PVE endgame with that. will they adjust the dungeons/ops? so 50s cant do them anymore? will they not adjust them and they'll be too easy?
    well zone is a bit small there in terms moff its more a planet with several zones(i hope) so $10 for that aint soo bad. a new zone would be considered Section X not something on the scale of say Corillia or Hoth (just examples)

I will reserve judgement until it comes out but yea i will give em the $10 for it

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Erm, is this your first mmo? Just like they do in WoW... current content becomes obsolote and people will play new max level content. What's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to assume their marketing team didn't learn a whole lot after the way they advertised F2P. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Zargs View Post
    The thing is that WoW Xpacs was big and had ALOT on content. This is just 3 shity things. If they add like 10 more things then its ok to call it an Xpac now its just added content like a New WZ a New Ops or a FP.
    Play 5 lvl on 1 planet? Yeah fun first time but if you now have like 3 or more lvl 50s you be sick to your bones.

I will NOT play SWTOR after 24/12 and I will not pay for this.
    yea and again WoW charges like FIFTY bucks for all of said new stuff. we are paying 10-20 for a new planet, 5 lvls, added story missions for each class, and thats just to START off( i hope there will be more) so its not that big a deal but i guess in todays times people must make it an issue.

but again i will hold judgement until i see it

It's a small announcement (it's been said a long time before though, the content) but I am 100% a lot of more content will be added. And the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" seems like a perfect 'excuse' to add an Arena system in the game. As Hutt's are known for either hosting or watching entertainment. And if they already sponsered Huttball for us, why not some kind of Arena? Hell, why not even a 4-player Wave System? Last-stand game-type. Surely for PvE content, but it would be challenging to say the least.
    Anyhow, I am already excited for this expansion and so is a friend of mine. We love the game, and every new content that they release. Well, surely we might not agree on everything, but not that much to complain!
    (Let's just speculate on things that might come with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Going to assume their marketing team didn't learn a whole lot after the way they advertised F2P. :\
    they havnt learned after a year what makes you think they will EVER learn lol. most i am certian just let it roll off the hill since BW is so fail at communication

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    new max level content

haha, those are sweet dreams, my friend

So wait... No box?

Thank God there is a paysafe card option...