10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It was a yoke. I simply like Visage, and although he isn't exactly guaranteed to win any lane, people who pick him usually know what they're doing which is one reason why it was easy to call out the winner from the draft even if I wasn't being serious about it.
    It seems like Visage is guaranteed to win a tri versus tri setup once he hits level 3 or so; a point in Grave Chill and two into Soul Assumption and he's got a pretty potent slow on top of the ability to crap out some pretty strong nukes every few seconds.

I've always wanted to be able to play him as a semi-carry but that never seems to happen when I do play him. Seems like it'd be a lot of fun, though.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    Hey guys!
    I just jumped the wagon on Dota2 and loving it. So far only bot training, but I'm getting there

Any1 with an invite left as I have a friend that wishes to join and since I got invited, well.... cheers !
    Please PM me if you have just one invite, all that I need
    I sent you a PM. I still have 6 more invites so if anyone else want an invite just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It seems like Visage is guaranteed to win a tri versus tri setup once he hits level 3 or so
    No such thing as a guaranteed win, a decent defensive lineup or one that can get fast kills could easily be superior. And level 3 isn't exactly where he peaks out considering SA charges scale 3/4/5/6 and in a trilane the lane is often won or lost before anyone gets level 3. Sure, trilaning is one of his strengths, but he's hardly unbeatable if the other team don't give openings or try to get kills they can't get fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    No such thing as a guaranteed win, a decent defensive lineup or one that can get fast kills could easily be superior. And level 3 isn't exactly where he peaks out considering SA charges scale 3/4/5/6 and in a trilane the lane is often won or lost before anyone gets level 3. Sure, trilaning is one of his strengths, but he's hardly unbeatable if the other team don't give openings or try to get kills they can't get fast enough.
    I don't understand why else you'd pick him, then, if he doesn't give a team a decisive advantage against another trilane, assuming all other things are equal. Soul Assumption is nice, but he needs a lot of mana and mana recovery to support it, and it also relies on the enemy team just allowing him to hover around the fringes of fights. Grave Chill is pretty sweet, but it's still not a stun. And his armor/MR skill is completely neutered by Venomancer, Viper, Orb of Venom, or basically any other kind of hero-sourced damage over time effect since even 1 damage is sufficient to strip a stack.

And I've already talked about why I don't like his familiars, though they're a lot less of a pain in the ass to use now that Roshan won't casually punch one out of the sky automatically.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

It seems like Visage is guaranteed to win a tri versus tri setup once he hits level 3 or so; a point in Grave Chill and two into Soul Assumption and he's got a pretty potent slow on top of the ability to crap out some pretty strong nukes every few seconds.

I've always wanted to be able to play him as a semi-carry but that never seems to happen when I do play him. Seems like it'd be a lot of fun, though.
    He isn't a semi-carry, he's a roamer ganker and he drops off MASSIVELY in the mid game. He's there to ensure you win the early game and your carries get farmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    He isn't a semi-carry, he's a roamer ganker and he drops off MASSIVELY in the mid game. He's there to ensure you win the early game and your carries get farmed.
    I don't buy that. Assuming there's an enemy to leech attack speed off of, he'll perform just fine as an INT semi-carry like some others, assuming you have the mana to sustain constant spell use.

Too many people get set into a League of Legends-like THIS HERO HAS ONLY ONE ROLE AND CAN DO ONLY THIS NO EXCEPTIONS mindset.

I don't buy that. Assuming there's an enemy to leech attack speed off of, he'll perform just fine as an INT semi-carry like some others, assuming you have the mana to sustain constant spell use.

Too many people get set into a League of Legends-like THIS HERO HAS ONLY ONE ROLE AND CAN DO ONLY THIS NO EXCEPTIONS mindset.
    I'm not in that mindset, I'm talking from experience of playing visage, after midgame, he drops off massively. He can't carry, at all. By 16 and max abilities, thats pretty much his entire growth (save for agh's). Not saying he's useless after that point ofc, but he is no carry, not at all, not even semi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

breaking news:
    playing different heroes is fun!
    never thought that with even an ounce of teamwork, being an Undying is so much funzies)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    breaking news:
    playing different heroes is fun!
    never thought that with even an ounce of teamwork, being an Undying is so much funzies)
    That's why you should random every game!

This will also lead to unorthodox play styles. Like hard support mirana, viper or something equally as
    strange. Somehow it works out in most games.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    That's why you should random every game!

This will also lead to unorthodox play styles. Like hard support mirana, viper or something equally as
    strange. Somehow it works out in most games.
    Maybe for you, I do something against the norm people freak the fuck out. Witch Doctor is a support, play him as support!!! No no, I no play hem as support (gotta do this in Consuela's voices from family guy). GG games over, witch doctor is a nub.... Happens every time. Or, tiny is not carry, is support, get support items plz. No, doing a carry build. Lane partner decides to feed/rage quit/whine rest of game. Its pritty much shit like that, I always seem to get the people stuck in one mind set and won't adapt. In a Ursa game I did, got a mkb to counter their riki/pa (they had both....) got bitched at because it was "out side the norm"

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Maybe for you, I do something against the norm people freak the fuck out. Witch Doctor is a support, play him as support!!! No no, I no play hem as support (gotta do this in Consuela's voices from family guy). GG games over, witch doctor is a nub.... Happens every time. Or, tiny is not carry, is support, get support items plz. No, doing a carry build. Lane partner decides to feed/rage quit/whine rest of game. Its pritty much shit like that, I always seem to get the people stuck in one mind set and won't adapt. In a Ursa game I did, got a mkb to counter their riki/pa (they had both....) got bitched at because it was "out side the norm"
    "outside-of-the-box-thinking" is a matter you don't really want to touch, friend ^^

"outside-of-the-box-thinking" is a matter you don't really want to touch, friend ^^
    Yeah, its why I miss dota1 right now. Thinking outside of the box and coming up with some amazing setup that no one exected was great and rewarding. In Dota2, it gets you trolled to no end, whiners galore, and all from try hards that don't even play competitively (I don't play competitively, dota is for fun!)

I don't understand why else you'd pick him, then, if he doesn't give a team a decisive advantage against another trilane, assuming all other things are equal.
    Two opposing trilanes will never have "all other things" equal. Besides, they didn't run him in a trilane, and that's probably one of the reasons they got the upper hand against FnaticRC in that game. I'd personally prefer Undying+Jakiro+1 over Visage+2, it's ridiculously powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I'm not in that mindset, I'm talking from experience of playing visage, after midgame, he drops off massively. He can't carry, at all. By 16 and max abilities, thats pretty much his entire growth (save for agh's). Not saying he's useless after that point ofc, but he is no carry, not at all, not even semi.
    That's like saying QoP can't carry and we've seen her played as a semi-carry plenty of times. Ditto Invoker and several others.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Two opposing trilanes will never have "all other things" equal. Besides, they didn't run him in a trilane, and that's probably one of the reasons they got the upper hand against FnaticRC in that game. I'd personally prefer Undying+Jakiro+1 over Visage+2, it's ridiculously powerful.
    Because Ice Path is stupid and Dirge is going to be problematic until they can figure out what to do about Tombstone. It's a bit of a high-risk ability since it has a long cooldown but if you have some way of setting things up (like, say, a Fissure with no drawbacks) it's pretty much a guaranteed kill every 60 sec if they aren't tower hugging.

Make tombstone destroyable by # of attacks like supernova snowball or homing missile. All of the problem of this spell revolves around how unkillable the stone is until very late game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Make tombstone destroyable by # of attacks like supernova snowball or homing missile. All of the problem of this spell revolves around how unkillable the stone is until very late game.
    you would than have to make Tombstone unhealable by Dirge, perhaps.

you would than have to make Tombstone unhealable by Dirge, perhaps.
    Not sure how that would be handled, but it's possible that it could restore 1 hit per X units siphoned. If it started at 8 hits and he was able to heal it up to a maximum of like 13 it would still be incredibly difficult to kill without some concentration - exactly how it is now. The difference is, he doesn't get to automatically win a 2v2 (or worse) lane just because 600 health is way too much to auto attack through at level 3-5 (that's an entire hero that you can't use spells to nuke down).

Right now the default behavior when you see a stone is to run away and cut the zombies down and proceed to stay away until it disappears, that's pretty shallow gameplay in my opinion.

I just played a few games on that new mode and it's pretty much bullshit. i played diretide only once or twice so i ve got a naked greevil and i'm completely useless to my team :|

broken ....

my white 3xunusal greevil is so useless its not even funny

My Greevil has a 40 sec CD black hole, I'm happy
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...