Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I just saw this game on steam and had never heard of it or DayZ. I am interested but some of the things I've been reading have been very conflicting. To those who both like/hate this game - what are some of the pros/cons? I'm considering buying it, and even though it's not that expensive, I just want some opinions from players (good and bad). What would you rate it? Would you suggest me buying it?
    I was going to buy this last night, I don't usually play many game of late and don't read many things about them, but for some reason I headed over to the Steam forum and WOW - Sounds like this game is carry loads of bad Mojo...So I done some Reading, and followed a very dirty trail....

Its seems everything they offer is a lie - Calling it an MMO when it can only hold 50 people per server, Most free to play online shooter can do this.. But it say 100 players on steam and on WARZ forums it says up to 250-

The map is meant to be huge, up to 400km2, This was mentioned many times on the forum for warz and some PCgamer and other sources I found that the game would be twice the size of the one used by Days which is around 240KM2 or near as, cant remember exactly, But the map was reduced to 160, then 100km2 and the actual play area is around 70km2.

95 of the post on steam and calling for steam to drop this title, which doesn't bode well.. Seems like this is nothing more than a shoddy cash in on another game success....

Also Total Biscuit is doing a Video on this later so that should expose more lie about this Nasty little game

10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:19 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I just saw this game on steam and had never heard of it or DayZ. I am interested but some of the things I've been reading have been very conflicting. To those who both like/hate this game - what are some of the pros/cons? I'm considering buying it, and even though it's not that expensive, I just want some opinions from players (good and bad). What would you rate it? Would you suggest me buying it?
    can't honestly recommend it, its only worth 14 euros its just such a bare bones game right now. it feels like a mod of a game from 2008, its not got any engaging mechanics for me. it most definitely is not an mmo.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-12-19 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    w-w-w.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I - cant post links so go to TB YT or remove the -

The game is awful, its barley a game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxxz View Post
    w-w-w.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I - cant post links so go to TB YT or remove the -

What a laughable review by TB. He did absolutely nothing but bash the graphics that entire video. I can understand him being angry/complaining about the information on Steam because its completely false, but he only talked about that for a whopping 2 minutes (estimation) of his 40+ minute video.

He calls the game boring because he crawls in prone for 6 minutes when there are no zombies anywhere around him, and then gets mad when he gets close to zombies and dies because he is shit at the game. He was complaining about the time it took to kill a zombie by hitting it in the stomach. Well, considering how the only way to kill the zombies is to hit them in the head, yeah I can see why he is having a problem there.

Seriously, he gave a bad review because he can't stay alive. That's the whole fucking point of the game. He is bashing it because the game is to hard for him.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-18 at 06:37 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I cant believe they have released this game to Steam in its current state. Are they still calling it an Alpha or is it Beta or is it "we need money"?

Maybe Ill buy a copy, help put food on their table....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a laughable review by TB. He did absolutely nothing but bash the graphics that entire video. I can understand him being angry/complaining about the information on Steam because its completely false, but he only talked about that for a whopping 2 minutes (estimation) of his 40+ minute video.

He calls the game boring because he crawls in prone for 6 minutes when there are no zombies anywhere around him, and then gets mad when he gets close to zombies and dies because he is shit at the game. He was complaining about the time it took to kill a zombie by hitting it in the stomach. Well, considering how the only way to kill the zombies is to hit them in the head, yeah I can see why he is having a problem there.

Seriously, he gave a bad review because he can't stay alive. That's the whole fucking point of the game. He is bashing it because the game is to hard for him.

What ? really - you must be kidding, the game is nasty, it looks nasty, it play nasty - its just plain nasty, Why would TB lie, take off your rose tinted glasses and watch it again...

10+ Year Old Account
    What ? really - you must be kidding, the game is nasty, it looks nasty, it play nasty - its just plain nasty, Why would TB lie, take off your rose tinted glasses and watch it again...
    I don't have to watch it again because I can play it. And I don't die to zombies (not like him at least) because I know how to play the game.
    And that is a great question "why would TB lie?"

If you watch it again, he did absolutely NOTHING productive, he just ran around and died by zombies(he got PKd once, but it is an online game so what do you expect). If you play a game like WoW and never get past level 1 do you have the right to call it a shit game? Well that is exactly what TB just did.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-18 at 06:48 PM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

TB is probably the worst reviewer, player and person to listen to general regardless of the game he is playing. Sorry if that seems I'm jumping on the "I hate TB" bandwagon but it's true ever since his WoW videos. Watch the video again and listen to the point Waaldo made.

Deleted

WHy do you smell like someone's banned alter?

And about your complains up there:

I was going to buy this last night, I don't usually play many game of late and don't read many things about them, but for some reason I headed over to the Steam forum and WOW - Sounds like this game is carry loads of bad Mojo...So I done some Reading, and followed a very dirty trail....
    Many of them are the very same you can find here and other forums claiming that its a simple rip-off of DayZ, people that simply are fanboys of that game and, for any mysterious case, they dont like to see games of the same genre/tematic. Of course you can say that you dont like a game, but the majority of those who complain, said many excuses until today (that it wasnt real, that it would never be launched, that it would never be on Steam...). Basically, they simply drop trash about a game that "attacks" their beloved DayZ.

Its seems everything they offer is a lie - Calling it an MMO when it can only hold 50 people per server, Most free to play online shooter can do this.. But it say 100 players on steam and on WARZ forums it says up to 250-
    The servers are still in beta, when the Alpha started i remember that the limit was 25 or 30, its clear tt the limit will grow in time until the numbers they promised. Yet there is many people who said that 250 is too much for 1 server, even 100

The map is meant to be huge, up to 400km2, This was mentioned many times on the forum for warz and some PCgamer and other sources I found that the game would be twice the size of the one used by Days which is around 240KM2 or near as, cant remember exactly, But the map was reduced to 160, then 100km2 and the actual play area is around 70km2.
    No. They said that there is going to be maps to be up to 400km2 not that Colorado was going to be that big. I recall they said that the 2º map (which they are working at) is going to be bigger (something about 300km2). And i know how is Chernarus, its bigger than Colorado, of course, but a good part of it is water, something that means nothing more than "useless terrain" Oh, and Colorado is 160km2, but during the Alpha/beta phase was "limited" at a reduced part of it, and they have een expanding that limitations, im not sure if its fully open now.

95 of the post on steam and calling for steam to drop this title, which doesn't bode well.. Seems like this is nothing more than a shoddy cash in on another game success....

Also Total Biscuit is doing a Video on this later so that should expose more lie about this Nasty little game
    I liked TBs videos, but since he "left" making WoW videos just simply because "MoP had Pandarens" (said by himself), i lost a big part of that respect i had to him >< I like how he complains about the possibility of losing items when the character dies, or when he tries to kill some zombies with a bat and finally dies after running and getting cought by other zombie (and complains that there are too much zombies, lol), that shows that he didnt researched any info before buying the game, if he did it, he would know that the game is still in beta, and wouldnt complain about too (because he does, i really hope he thinks the same about minecraft then... xd)

And remember, that the company that is making the game isnt a big one with millions of $, its just an small company with a docen of workers, nothing more, nothing less, so dont expect a cheap game with BF3 graphics, it has some points that require to be improved greatly, but at the cost that it has you cant expect much more Uu

And no, im not a fanboy, i dont even have the game, but i try to see both good and bad thing about the game and what is more important, i hope that other companies find out that this type of games (or genre) i something that people is interested in, so they make their own "zombieapocalypse MMO" game

P.D.: i know, my English isnt the best, sry xd
    Last edited by mmoc1baaa4dbec; 2012-12-18 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Well if TB isn't good enough proof this game is nasty Weirdo, then just pop on over to the Steam forums and have a read, 9/10 post are calling it nasty and asking for steam to remove it..

And Arsur, TB does first impressions Not review and His 858,100 subs may disagree with you, ? How many subs do you have?

And this is a nasty little fanboy forum, have fun with your abortion of a game..

toodle pip

I was right this game Sucks ARSE
    Last edited by mmoc0f4212de4e; 2012-12-18 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    TB is probably the worst reviewer, player and person to listen to general regardless of the game he is playing. Sorry if that seems I'm jumping on the "I hate TB" bandwagon but it's true ever since his WoW videos. Watch the video again and listen to the point Waaldo made.
    You're missing one vital point, he doesn't review games, at least not anymore.

His entire WTF is series are first impressions, as is "The Bore Z". He'll play the game right off the bat (or near the start, maybe past some tutorials) and document his experience.

Were he claiming to do review then yeah, i'd agree, his content is awful, but he isn't and he never claims to be. In fact, on more than one occasion he has explicitly stated that his WTF is series should not be taken as a review.

That aside (And I do want to put that aside, I don't fancy spending my evening arguing about TB), there are some big flaws he managed to point out that weren't to do with the lack of focus on the gameplay (deaths ect, like Waaldo pointed out, that could've been avoided rather easily). Stuff like bad texture quality and pop in, no FoV slider, character models not spawning properly, items bought with micro-transactions being lost upon death and the misleading descriptions, not to mention a 15 dollar price point for a game that doesn't seem to be that much better than it's popular competitor, which is free, may I add.

I was honestly looking forward to this title, but a few different sources (Not just TB's video, if you were to base your opinion on just one guy/girls content or review then you're doing it wrong) have made me back away a bit. I'll keep an eye on it, but at the moment I don't see why I should pay for game in this state and honestly, even with the promise of future updates, the dodgy nature of the games developers in regards to The War Z makes me hesitant to trust them. I just don't believe that a company who are actively making it harder to people to realise the game is in an unfinished state are going to make good of their promises.

Well if TB isn't good enough proof this game is nasty Weirdo, then just pop on over to the Steam forums and have a read, 9/10 post are calling it nasty and asking for steam to remove it..

And Arsur, TB does first impressions Not review and His 858,100 subs may disagree with you, ? How many subs do you have?

And this is a nasty little fanboy forum, have fun with your abortion of a game..

toodle pip

I was right this game Sucks ARSE
    So you go to one youtube reviewer for all your gaming information?

If you have something contribute that's constructive, feel free to do so.

If all you're going to do is go, "This guy says the game is bad so it must be bad!". The funny thing about the Steam forums, it's the same hate crew that doesn't play the game complaining about how other people say the game is bad. I've never seen so much hatred for a game that people haven't played. It absolutely blows me away.

Also, game is still in beta. It's not uncommon to sell keys for a game while it's still in beta (it's pre-purchasing it basically, with beta as a reward for pre-purchasing) nowadays. An issue that stems from that is people expect a polished, finished product. Beta can't deliver that, that's why it's beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    So you go to one youtube reviewer for all your gaming information?

If you have something contribute that's constructive, feel free to do so.

If all you're going to do is go, "This guy says the game is bad so it must be bad!". The funny thing about the Steam forums, it's the same hate crew that doesn't play the game complaining about how other people say the game is bad. I've never seen so much hatred for a game that people haven't played. It absolutely blows me away.

Also, game is still in beta. It's not uncommon to sell keys for a game while it's still in beta (it's pre-purchasing it basically, with beta as a reward for pre-purchasing) nowadays. An issue that stems from that is people expect a polished, finished product. Beta can't deliver that, that's why it's beta.
    Wrong, Its in the Stolen Term Rockets used for DayZ SA - Foundation - Sergey said its not in beta anymore- But Version 1.0 and Beta and Alpha does not appear anywhere on the steam page...

This game is a travesty - its a blatant Rip off implemented terribly, using a toybox engine to get simple minded folk to part with their parents money, And Its pretty damn obvious i have found a cosy little nest of these simple mind folk hanging out here..

Toodle Pip

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    You're missing one vital point, he doesn't review games, at least not anymore.

His entire WTF is series are first impressions, as is "The Bore Z". He'll play the game right off the bat (or near the start, maybe past some tutorials) and document his experience.

Were he claiming to do review then yeah, i'd agree, his content is awful, but he isn't and he never claims to be. In fact, on more than one occasion he has explicitly stated that his WTF is series should not be taken as a review.

That aside (And I do want to put that aside, I don't fancy spending my evening arguing about TB), there are some big flaws he managed to point out that weren't to do with the lack of focus on the gameplay (deaths ect, like Waaldo pointed out, that could've been avoided rather easily). Stuff like bad texture quality and pop in, no FoV slider, character models not spawning properly, items bought with micro-transactions being lost upon death and the misleading descriptions, not to mention a 15 dollar price point for a game that doesn't seem to be that much better than it's popular competitor, which is free, may I add.

I was honestly looking forward to this title, but a few different sources (Not just TB's video, if you were to base your opinion on just one guy/girls content or review then you're doing it wrong) have made me back away a bit. I'll keep an eye on it, but at the moment I don't see why I should pay for game in this state and honestly, even with the promise of future updates, the dodgy nature of the games developers in regards to The War Z makes me hesitant to trust them. I just don't believe that a company who are actively making it harder to people to realise the game is in an unfinished state are going to make good of their promises.
    I wish I could make a first impression video of me completely being a shit player then and get thousands of views and state untrue things about it. I should start that up. Waaldo's point is valid: /crawl around for 6 minutes for no reason (this game is sooo boring). Really?

I'm not for the game, but I just wanted to state TB is just a god awful person to listen to for advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly pay 2 win. More like pay to get an item that barely gives you an advantage that you can lose in a blink because someone will just kill you for it. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im sorry but your wrong, hes not a reviewer, you could turn off the sound and still see the low quality graphics, the P2W features, the marketing lies, the rediculous way in which you take damage, the bugs / lag. I could go on, but theres no point. TB's not a great gamer, I think we all know that, but a first impressions video can be taken seriously, he essentially posted a 40 minute video showing off the game, even if it was from a noobs perspective, I mean he spawned in on 3 players at one point and he was even not allowed to swim.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:53 PM ----------

Thats pay 2 win though, the goal of the game is to survive, if you buy food and ammo then wheres the challenge? Even if you do lose it your still winning for the amount of time you are alive.
    I suppose, though I would hardly call it winning when there is no objective. It's also even better when you kill them because then you can get easier supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I wish I could make a first impression video of me completely being a shit player then and get thousands of views and state untrue things about it. I should start that up. Waaldo's point is valid: /crawl around for 6 minutes for no reason (this game is sooo boring). Really?

I'm not for the game, but I just wanted to state TB is just a god awful person to listen to for advice.
    I disagree, he stated at the beginning he's playing it without prior knowledge to get a feel for what the game is at face value. That's what first impression videos are all about, it's not about being elite and showing off how good he is at a game he just started playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I disagree, he stated at the beginning he's playing it without prior knowledge to get a feel for what the game is at face value. That's what first impression videos are all about, it's not about being elite and showing off how good he is at a game he just started playing.
    Okay so he just started playing, without looking up any information on the game. He keeps dieing so obviously he is doing something wrong. Does that mean the game is complete garbage?

Here is a post about the recent ban wave from the war z facebook page:
    Late last week we did another big ban wave. After the ban wave we got a lot of complaints about false bannings so we did a through investigation of all accounts and found that roughly 5% of those users were improperly banned.

We admit our
    mistake and give you our deepest apologies for this mistake. All of the accounts that we found were improperly banned have now been unbanned and have been given 700GC for the down time these players received.

Our anti-hack system is an evolving system and being improved every single day. We hope you accept our apology and understand this mistake.

Move along.

Deleted
    So I just bought the game on Steam, but it's telling me to enter my serial key? I don't haveo ne to my knowledge?

Nvm: I'm dumb
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-12-18 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Even a child would know that showing 6 minutes of crawling around with no enemies in sight = bad review.
    Im sorry but your wrong, hes not a reviewer, you could turn off the sound and still see the low quality graphics, the P2W features, the marketing lies, the rediculous way in which you take damage, the bugs / lag. I could go on, but theres no point. TB's not a great gamer, I think we all know that, but a first impressions video can be taken seriously, he essentially posted a 40 minute video showing off the game, even if it was from a noobs perspective, I mean he spawned in on 3 players at one point and he was even not allowed to swim.
    I don't care about graphics, P2W features, marketing likes or whatever. I'm not playing the game since these types of game don't interest me. However, relying on a bad gamer for "first impressions" or whatever you want to call it (because we all know he truly goes in blindly into a game ) is just retarded.

So I just bought the game on Steam, but it's telling me to enter my serial key? I don't haveo ne to my knowledge?
    Shift + tab should give you the key. Starting up the game should also give it (from the Steam menu).