Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes it works, I don't remember the specific time played needed...so it might be between 4-8. I just know it's easily doable in a few days even supremely casual.

The only thing I would say is that you are going to be missing out on whether you actually like the game if you leave it open...though if you are already interested, but are afraid of missing out because you have exams or work, then it is a valid option. I think the game shows you very quickly that it is worth a subscription and buying the expansion.
    Well, I meant more along the lines of leaving it open while you sleep, for example. I too would recommend playing as much as you can, but if you have limited time due to real life, then leaving it open overnight is a pretty good option ^^

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayn View Post
    Oh no, I shouldnt have downloaded the game. Now I'm having fun and I really like the game, which is bad because I really don't want to play another sub based game ;_;
    Totally understand the feeling. I am hitting myself for not playing sooner. It's pretty much everything I've been looking for in an MMO for a while now. It completely earns the subscription too. Now I'm back up to two sub games, which I have never been fond of...but at least I'm enjoying myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally understand the feeling. I am hitting myself for not playing sooner. It's pretty much everything I've been looking for in an MMO for a while now. It completely earns the subscription too. Now I'm back up to two sub games, which I have never been fond of...but at least I'm enjoying myself!
    I use to sub for wow in 6 month blocks to minimize the cost. Rift is the only game I've subbed for a year (and I don't begrudge it) ever so it cost me $99 ($8.25 a month) I'm very OK with that price and I'm sure people playing f2p games or b2p games in the period of a year will be spending more then me via DLC/Xpacs/Micro transactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I use to sub for wow in 6 month blocks to minimize the cost. Rift is the only game I've subbed for a year (and I don't begrudge it) ever so it cost me $99 ($8.25 a month) I'm very OK with that price and I'm sure people playing f2p games or b2p games in the period of a year will be spending more then me via DLC/Xpacs/Micro transactions.
    I don't want to sound like a peasant, and I also would like to do a long term sub for this game while the discount is still going on, but I just don't have $140 for the sub and SL right now. I do want to get away from subbing every month and start doing yearly payments for my 2 MMOs. I'm just afraid of another Cata/Annual Pass fiasco with any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound like a peasant, and I also would like to do a long term sub for this game while the discount is still going on, but I just don't have $140 for the sub and SL right now. I do want to get away from subbing every month and start doing yearly payments for my 2 MMOs. I'm just afraid of another Cata/Annual Pass fiasco with any game.
    I do understand and the $99 a year deal isn't in place all the time so when it came up I locked into it. Everyone's circumstances are different I just bucked up the money since I easily spend that on a nice meal out with my wife. This wasn't a contract like the annual pass I've paid for the year upfront so technically If I walk away from the game it's my loss but so far I've had no regrets and come the next renewal I'll carefully see what I'm getting for my money and the state of the game before I re-sub just to play it safe.

Edit: Ding 4000 posts.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-12-18 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, and not trying to game bash, but pointing out the facts... Trion have delivered on their promises. 11 patches in 1.5 years? Patch 2.1 and a new raid only one month after the Storm Legion expansion.

I think we can safely say that we will get our money's worth. I subbed for a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    With all due respect, and not trying to game bash, but pointing out the facts... Trion have delivered on their promises. 11 patches in 1.5 years? Patch 2.1 and a new raid only one month after the Storm Legion expansion.

I think we can safely say that we will get our money's worth. I subbed for a year.
    I never said they didn't. Until Cata I was just as satisfied with the service I had received, plus I was getting a free game for my promise of a year of payments. I've never felt so cheated in my life, other than any money I've given to suppot SWTOR lol.

I played maybe 4-6 out of those 12 months. And the truth is I could have easily made that decision on my own even if the game was phenomenal. I don't have enough faith in my ability to play any given MMO conistently at this point either...but don't want to miss on a deal either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I must say I am scared that if I love this game I wont be able to pay for two subs, and I do still love Mists of Pandaria right now. My buddies are interested in joining Rift too, I've pointed them to this thread. If we all fall in love we MAY switch.

I am pretty intimidated by the 6000 specs I can be lol. I did not like the Pre-Made one at all, to be honest, and changed it promptly. It started me off as an Assassin/Rift Stalker/Hunter ...and I DESPISE any form of Hunter in any MMO I've ever played, (And that includes old school tabletop Dungeons and Dragons. Fuck Rangers.) And Rift Stalker seems cool, but wasn't what I was ready to try out. So I changed it to Blade Dancer/Assassin/Night Blade. I am focusing on Blade Dancer first.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/