Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asd12033 View Post
    they should give tabards with rep and dailyz everyone will be happy i hate dailyz ;/
    Wont happen, tabard rep is gone like Hope and Cash and the Edsel.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Raid drops should be enough for you...

because of a little thing called rng? ive been raiding last 2 expacs and outside of T-11, had absolute shit luck in drops. blizz has stated on several occasions the intention of vp gear was to fill-in the gaps due to rng.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm the only one who had bad memories of doing dungeons in early Cata.
    I'm sure lots of people do. That isn't the point. Challenge and reward are not mutually exclusive and don't cancel each other out.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about once you can purchase it on one character it would go back to how it was for that account so you can purchase it on all characters? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    whats pointless is having a rep requirement just to spend valor points.

the cata system was fine. valor vendor, and rep vendors for your ramkahen camels/other vanity items, and an epic at exalted to buy with gold.

it worked. this new system just forces you to do stuff you dont want to. I could do 5 mans and get rep. I dont even hate dailies, I just hate that stuff is locked behind revered rep in some cases. cause the rep requirement, is pointless.

in short, it's a flawed system that forces you to do dailies just to spend currency. imagine having a rep requirement to use the auction house. wouldnt that be silly?
    Sure requiring rep to use the AH would be silly, BUT, I'd have another rep to grind... and I'd laugh my ass off at the rest of the folks that didn't have the rep.

You do realize that what exists now is a result of all the fucktards that lived in SW/Org just running queue after queue then screaming like little malcontents that they didn't have shit to do... Well, Blizzard heard you and them... you have a lot of stuff to do.. Welcome to the world those crybabies from Cata created.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ground out all those reps on my main, that I raid with. While I do the occasional daily on my alts, I really have NO desire to waste a lot of time grinding out something that's not fun in the first place, that I've already done, for minimal game.

Fortunately, LFR gives you access to decent gear. Why bother getting rep gear on alts? Just spend the time running LFR (and hoping you actually get drops, of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want things handed to me.

but having to grind rep just for the right to SPEND your valor points, is dumb.

it's like..oh cool, I got 2000 valor points. I'd sure love to spend them, but I cant unless I do all these daily quests! this is more of an issue for alts than anything, most people are using them on upgrades, but alts in blues dont have valor items to upgrade yet.

if rep is required for items, make the items cost gold. and put the valor items on another vendor.
    You are telling me that you have every piece of your raid gear upgraded already? if you say NO, then you have things you can spend your VP on... 2nd. if you want the gear then you'll make the effort to get it... otherwise, you DO infact, want it handed to you.... the cost for that item is VP AND rep.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I would be happy if they would make all reps you own on your characters are shared to your alts so you wouldn't need to farm those stupid dailies forever
    So you can sit in Org/SW and cry that there isnt' a damn thing to do?... Really? max exalted with any panda rep is relatively EASY as fuck to get. You just cant do it in 1-2 nights of slaping on a tabard of mindlessly running dungeon after dungeon.

the grand comms do help, cutting the time in half. but i agree how painfully annoying the dailys can be for some people. even with 100% buff'd on Gl it still takes roughly 3 weeks to hit exalted.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    Did you stop and read what you wrote here? You primarily get valors from raiding, so go raid. Raiding also gets you 496 gear which is better than 489 gear, so go raid. You don't need but gear from heroic dungeons to start raiding, so go get that 463 blue gear, and go raid. If you personally need 489s in every slot to do content for 496, well, that's your own problem and not Blizzards.

The entire solution is to raid, really.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    You are NOT Forced, I haven't touched a single daily on any character, one is doing LFR every so often first two wings, one is doing every LFR thats available atm each week, and shes coming up to 473 geared, and I've only been "gearing" her for 3 weeks,

I do believe though, some VP gear should be available for no rep requirements, but not all of it, higher than JP ilvl, but lower than exalted / revered valor items, makes sense, but still all it needs it a few nights of a few hours work and thats it,

I'd of love to have seen you cope in TBC when gearing actually took weeks to do, and it wasn't oh Im geared now from heroics, Im going to go into Sunwell tonight! where you were constantly gearing for months to work from 1 tier to the next, to the next, where each piece had to be gemmed and enchanted to be able to keep up with the rest of the team, No LFR, very rare world drops, hard heroics with no bonus rewards of gold or justice badges, pure RNG from heroics, and between 9 - 24 other people to compete with rolling on other loot in raids, thats if you were in a pug, if you were in a guild a wait list on items, or epgp / dkp system where people used to stack for months for tier pieces / wep / trinkets
    Last edited by Rotted; 2012-12-18 at 10:51 PM.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    From what I can remember, the original idea for 5.1 is that all you alts would gain Revered status, if you gained Exalted status on 1 character. I could have missread that, but I'm quiet sure this was the original idea.

Although, I dont really care for gearing up my alts at the moment. It is kind of weird that you gain a decent amount of valor by doing LFR, Scenario's and Dungeons, but there is no way of spending it (ok, upgrades), if you dont do the daily grind again on your alt. Which I can totally understand, enough is enough.

I think Valor gear should be more appealing for Alts then it is now. An alt is not worth spending 2 hours a day doing dailies. The problem is for most (raiding) people, that they hardly used any valor on valorgear. But for those 1-2 alts, who arent raiding often, it would be a big welcome if they could profit from the rep gained by the main.
    they changed it... and they made it better... now... one toon gets to revered, (not exalted) then you can buy something that gives you DOUBLE FUCKING REP for every other character on your account.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    you will need some pieces to meet the ilvl req. for lfr, full hc dungeon gear won't get you in there and by now not many guilds will be willing to carry blue alts thru normal raids to gear them up, could ofc buy ah crap to boost ilvl if people have gold to trow away.
    Bullpiss, you can get into LFR without a single piece of valor gear, in fact, you can get into LFR without a single piece of valor gear AND without a single piece of Heroic dungeon gear.

got my druid in using full dreadful and inscribed tiger staff.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    I will bet all my WoW gold that you can enter LFR without having a single valor item or even buying stuff from AH.
    I made my own tiger staff... made my own 450 PVP set and used that to get a full 458 set in 2 days of screwing around in just TB and WG.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm sure lots of people do. That isn't the point. Challenge and reward are not mutually exclusive and don't cancel each other out.
    Oh but that is the point. I voice an opinion, supported by specific examples I gave from the actual game, that even you agree is shared by many people. And then you accuse me of lying or having a faulty recollection.

Challenge and reward aren't mutually exclusive with regards to the quality of specific gear. But challenge definitely makes gear more time intensive to get. So by removing the challenge, Blizzard reduced the amount of time to get said gear and made all dungeons 4.3 and later more rewarding.

Oh but that is the point. I voice an opinion, supported by specific examples I gave from the actual game, that even you agree is shared by many people. And then you accuse me of lying or having a faulty recollection.

Challenge and reward aren't mutually exclusive with regards to the quality of specific gear. But challenge definitely makes gear more time intensive to get. So by removing the challenge, Blizzard reduced the amount of time to get said gear and made all dungeons 4.3 and later more rewarding.
    Yes I do because your recollection is indeed faulty to the OVERALL meta game. Again Challenge and reward are not mutually exclusive. If you can overcome the challenge (and guess what more players did than didn't) than "challenge" (or perceived challenge) is not a hindrance to reward. In any event cataclysm was VASTLY MORE REWARDING than mists. PERIOD. At all times. Mists was designed so you couldn't get rewarded as much onstensible on the grounds so that you'd never be bored.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-18 at 11:06 PM.

It really doesn't take a lot of effort to get enough reputation to be able to purchase valor gear on alts. The people who still seriously whine about it should at least be consequent and ask for fully equipped lv90 premades.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yes I do because your recollection is indeed faulty to the OVERALL meta game. Again Challenge and reward are not mutually exclusive. If you can overcome the challenge (and guess what more players did than didn't) than challenge is not a hindrance to reward. In any event cataclysm was VASTLY MORE REWARDING than mists. PERIOD. At all times. Mists was designed so you couldn't get rewarded as much onstensible on the grounds so that you'd never be bored.
    Regardless of dungeon difficulty, playing the same amount of time as I do now, I got way less gear in early Cata than I do now.

So, I'm of the opinion that MoP is much more rewarding to the casual non-raider than early Cata was.

You can look back fondly on your collection of mostly 359 gear ignoring the missing pieces that were not available to upgrade without raiding or buying epic boe's while I look at my current character with 4-piece tier(2 of which are upgraded to 504), sha-touched weapon(socketed and upgraded), and full epics that I got all without running a single normal raid.

Vastly more rewarding? OK, then...

Regardless of dungeon difficulty, playing the same amount of time as I do now, I got way less gear in early Cata than I do now.

So, I'm of the opinion that MoP is much more rewarding to the casual non-raider than early Cata was.

You can look back fondly on your collection of mostly 359 gear ignoring the missing pieces that were not available to upgrade without raiding or buying epic boe's while I look at my current character with 4-piece tier(2 of which are upgraded to 504), sha-touched weapon(socketed and upgraded), and full epics that I got all without running a single normal raid.

Vastly more rewarding? OK, then...
    Regardless of dailies, playing less than I did now I got way more gear in cata than I did now.

It was vastly more rewarding, because reward was concentrated. Dailies don't give me gear as I'm doing them. Dungeons in Cata gave me gear as I was doing them, gave me rep for more gear and valor for more gear. Their is no one activity in the game that gives you all of that. So yes in the end MoP is vastly less rewarding for time invested. You are wrong. The developers acknowledge this as well. In fact mists was designed to move away from being rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Buy/farm them peace pipes.

OT: I can agree with this topic, on the day valor gear becomes mandatory.
    Peace pipes have a 7 day cooldown. It would take 42 weeks to reach exalted using that method. Are you really suggesting they're a viable alternative to questing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And that, is entirely YOUR fault, your failure to plan accordingly does not an emergency make.
    What failure to plan? My planning was excellent, I intended to avoid questing because I hate it and successfully did so. Blizzard after all was very clear about this xpac being all about being able to play the way you want to right? Doesn't that suggest that the fact I can't access large amounts of content except by doing one thing only is in fact their poor planning?
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-18 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    So you can sit in Org/SW and cry that there isnt' a damn thing to do?... Really?
    To be completely honest, I would rather have nothing to do than do chores, and that's all daily quests are to me - chores.

allow me to make the distinction between what is/isnt ok for rep. (in my opinion)

firelands rep: killing trash gave you rep to a point. after that, you had to kill bosses. at each level of reputation you could get cloaks, belts, trinkets, and then bis/near bis rings.

this was great, as your raid progress got you closer to nice items to fill the void till normal/heroic drops.

MoP rep: you need to do dailies JUST FOR THE CHANCE TO SPEND VALOR POINTS. (yes you can also use it on upgrades but still). even if you didnt step foot in firelands, there was a valor vendor where you could spend your valor. you didnt need revered with anyone to get a 1250vp ring for example.

I believe firelands was a good model for rep gear, while the current model that forces you to do dailies, is not.

this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

Klaxxi literally gets you revered after you do Dread Wastes questing with the 100% commendation activated. Golden Lotus takes less than a week for revered.

What exactly is so hard about doing a week or so of dailies? First day of Cloud Serpents and I was revered. Got exalted the second day after finding a few onyx eggs.

Reputation on alts is NOT hard. You are just lazy.