Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Using Blink Strike over aMoC doesn't cripple your overall DPS. The three talents in this tier are mostly balanced quite well, with aMoC just slightly ahead and likely only because of the large Focus cost. It's especially nice for Beast Mastery since Bestial Wrath lowers the Focus cost to something reasonable, but it's not going to make you crap by not speccing it.

Keep in mind that killing one extra wave of orbs is going to be +10% damage dealt to Elegon for the rest of the fight, which would compete strongly with any aMoC DPS increase over that time. If the issue is the orbs needing to die, Blink Strike is super nice - especially since you can use it to get a quick strike + Kill Shot on someone else's orb that isn't quite dead yet, if you already burst yours down. Yes, everyone is supposed to be responsible for their own orbs, but it's a team game!
    Yes it will cripple your overall dps because of how you would be comparing AMoC vs blink strike. Yes, the dps is sort of balanced but you also have to remember that the balance is based upon AMoC staying on CD for 2 (1 if during the execute phase) more minutes of the fight while used. If you use it during the end burn phase where he has ~170% more damage taken you can have 100% uptime on AMoC during the end making it scale so much better than say 5 blink strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    If he has problems, he obviously needs too. I know that if you play good, you don't need to, but since he did need help and since he didn't make it, why not use cooldowns, if that's the only problem on the boss? Also, doing the LnL ice trap thing works pretty good if you have problems doing it, and survival is good for multi-dotting 3 sparks with multi-shot.

And as I understood it - he didn't need an increase in overall dps, just the sparks. But of course he shouldn't use blink strike if that's not the case.
    You aren't understanding the fact that I didn't need blink strike in worse gear and a 463 bow. If the guy can be fixed up, he doesn't need blink strike and will in turn get more overall dps by going to AMoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    dude stop posting pleace.

i'm nowhere saying people NEED blink strike for it.

but the OP says their hunter got trouble on the fight.. so where is it your brain fail to see that an abillity with a 20 seccond cooldown and 120k damage-on-demand will not help HIM. not hunters in gereral, but HIM, since HE got trouble with it for some reason?

we are not talking about YOU, so leave the thread and stop thinking YOU are in focus, you are not. That you have no trouble with the fight using AMoC doesn't change that he does.

it was a friendly advice, nothing ells.
    This is not an ad hominem, but dude. I am seriously starting to think you are trolling. I'm trying to say he doesn't need to use it because if I could do it in lesser gear with a 463 bow he could do it in that gear. I don't see how you can't see my logic >.>

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yes it will cripple your overall dps because of how you would be comparing AMoC vs blink strike. Yes, the dps is sort of balanced but you also have to remember that the balance is based upon AMoC staying on CD for 2 (1 if during the execute phase) more minutes of the fight while used. If you use it during the end burn phase where he has ~170% more damage taken you can have 100% uptime on AMoC during the end making it scale so much better than say 5 blink strikes.
    Well during personal testing, aMoC did always come out significantly higher than BS. (significant ~= more than 1k in this case)
    but it's obvious that BS has the least damage, because if the 3 talents where all on the same level dmgwise, BS would win because of the sheer utility it offers.
    free cast, instant damage (thus burst), instant teleport to target. compared to stupidly long dots...

while I do agree that you don't need BS, it is still okey to use this ability if you're having problems. just make sure you have KC ready (ie don't use on elegon after the second, as respawn rate gets to fast) and always have full focus. (just cap focus and rotate Arcane-Cobra to be absolutly safe)
    using BS trivializes every second add, and you can even use BW on the last add if you know you're gonna have problems with that (i.e. you are sure you wont kill it without)
    Just go ahead and use BS. you will soon notice that it's not really necessary. I also use BS, but just for the sake of being able to help my gildies left and right of me in case they are in need.

if you are having problems with the buff uptime, ask your raidleady to kindy assing one of the near sparks to you. for example the middle spark on the left if your raid stands left of the console. this way you can position yourself pre fight (go in so you get the debuff, then move back a tiny step and then jump. there is a sweet spot where jumping clears the debuff, and you get it again straight after landing) , and don't have to move an inch for the whole phase 1, only during the transition phases when the floor goes down.

another way you can tickle out a bit more burstdamage, would be to manually stop pet bite autocast after small adds die, and makro the "toggle autocast on" into KC. but that should really not be necessary

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Well during personal testing, aMoC did always come out significantly higher than BS. (significant ~= more than 1k in this case)
    but it's obvious that BS has the least damage, because if the 3 talents where all on the same level dmgwise, BS would win because of the sheer utility it offers.
    free cast, instant damage (thus burst), instant teleport to target. compared to stupidly long dots...

while I do agree that you don't need BS, it is still okey to use this ability if you're having problems. just make sure you have KC ready (ie don't use on elegon after the second, as respawn rate gets to fast) and always have full focus. (just cap focus and rotate Arcane-Cobra to be absolutly safe)
    using BS trivializes every second add, and you can even use BW on the last add if you know you're gonna have problems with that (i.e. you are sure you wont kill it without)
    Just go ahead and use BS. you will soon notice that it's not really necessary. I also use BS, but just for the sake of being able to help my gildies left and right of me in case they are in need.

if you are having problems with the buff uptime, ask your raidleady to kindy assing one of the near sparks to you. for example the middle spark on the left if your raid stands left of the console. this way you can position yourself pre fight (go in so you get the debuff, then move back a tiny step and then jump. there is a sweet spot where jumping clears the debuff, and you get it again straight after landing) , and don't have to move an inch for the whole phase 1, only during the transition phases when the floor goes down.

another way you can tickle out a bit more burstdamage, would be to manually stop pet bite autocast after small adds die, and makro the "toggle autocast on" into KC. but that should really not be necessary
    In regards to placement when I first downed this on normal I positioned myself so my glaive toss would hit 1-2 other sparks before hitting mine, not sure if he could do that because if you mess up the targeting you are screwed.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart