crz isnt the solution to empty servers, merging servers is

CRZ is a band-aid fix for low population servers. sure, it makes the world seem more alive, but compare a server like illidan to a server where org is a ghost town: you still have the following problems:

-the economy is dead or near dead, few items available.

-fewer chances for endgame raiding.

-less to do overall due to low population.

low populations had their perks before (farming rares, like hunter pets, or the TLPD) but CRZ has removed that. the only way to save servers that are essentially dead, is to merge low pop servers together. everyone will benefit, the question is why wont blizzard do it?

there is a business reason, $15 transfer fees. but I am fairly sure that the amount of people quitting due to nothing to do on their server, far outweighs the amount of people transferring.

so...why not merge servers, when everyone would benefit?

Thanks for pointing out what Blizzard has said all along that CRZ was not a solution. It's not like we haven't heard it in multiple threads already. But hell what's one more thread spouting the same as all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Thanks for pointing out what Blizzard has said all along that CRZ was not a solution. It's not like we haven't heard it in multiple threads already. But hell what's one more thread spouting the same as all the others.
    well, why dont they pick the best option for all players? I dont see whats the holdup, there were already low-pop servers in cata and they remain low-pop to this day. I'm just curious why they wont merge servers.

Money is the reason they don't merge servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I'm just curious why they wont merge servers.
    Why don't you read all the reasons given to you in the thread you started on this exact same topic 2 weeks ago. The reasons have not changed since then, I promise.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Why don't you read all the reasons given to you in the thread you started on this exact same topic 2 weeks ago. The reasons have not changed since then, I promise.
    Or read the reasons Blizzard itself has given on the issue. I think I've already seen three different blue posts on the subject just this month.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz merged 1/4 of their servers, people would immediately cry out that WoW is dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The players are all well aware that server mergers are needed. Blizzard is avoiding it because on paper, reducing servers means they are losing players, something they would never want to admit to. Their stubborn pride is getting in the way of making the game better, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The players are all well aware that server mergers are needed. Blizzard is avoiding it because on paper, reducing servers means they are losing players, something they would never want to admit to. Their stubborn pride is getting in the way of making the game better, as usual.
    My servers are just fine. I don't want to play on high pop servers myself so a merger is really not that beneficial to me.

I like crz, to have friends from another server, coming to my, completely overpopulated server
    So even if they merge servers, i still hope for crz :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

CRZ as not intended to resolve low pop servers. Not sure why you would think that since Blizzard mentioned it many times.

They also discussed server merges to death.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    CRZ as not intended to resolve low pop servers. Not sure why you would think that since Blizzard mentioned it many times.

They also discussed server merges to death.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8400920?page=6

and

Cross-realm zones are definitely our first move toward improving the play experience for low-pop servers (or even medium population).Beyond just the fact that the world will be more populated, the ability to make friends a tthe battle tag level (since that friendship level is cross-server) combined with the ability to do group content with those players represents a huge step forward in the ability for players on smaller serversr to access a huge community to play with.

http://www.wowhead.com/news&tag=ghos...ll-getting-crz
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

This topic is beaten to death enough as it is, but creating yet another thread for it when you just made one less than two weeks ago isn't necessary.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions