Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Play another character until that ones revives. If people want to pay like 25 cents (I think that is around what 50 GC is) let them, it doesn't affect you. I've been playing since release and I have never had a problem finding enough food/water to keep my meters up. Basically what I'm saying is, the stuff that you can buy does not give you any real advantage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:22 PM ----------

You think a company is going to allow a thread telling their customers how to get a refund? lol. If you want a refund email the company/steam. No need to make a thread announcing that you want a refund to the world.
    Considering it's not against the steam forums rules to inform consumers of their own rights (because why would it be?). You are not making any sense, I actually feel bad for people like you who are so eager to be taken advantage of. This is possibly the most obvious cash grab game that has ever been 'released' ("foundation released" L...O...L). Call it naivety or stupidity, either way it's just a shame that companies like this run the way they do because their own customers allow themselves to be taken advantage of SO EASILY.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    You think a company is going to allow a thread telling their customers how to get a refund? lol. If you want a refund email the company/steam. No need to make a thread announcing that you want a refund to the world.
    I lol'd at this, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Considering it's not against the steam forums rules to inform consumers of their own rights (because why would it be?). You are not making any sense, I actually feel bad for people like you who are so eager to be taken advantage of. This is possibly the most obvious cash grab game that has ever been 'released' ("foundation released" L...O...L). Call it naivety or stupidity, either way it's just a shame that companies like this run the way they do because their own customers allow themselves to be taken advantage of SO EASILY.
    It's something that's going to continue we as people can be misleading and greedy.

I hate to sound like a "fan boy" but why does this matter to you? There is no need to spam your hate for the game, voice your opinion but there is no need to insult those that purchased it and play it.

Like every game that has existed and will in the future some will enjoy it while others won't it's as simple as that but insulting people because of their view on it does absolutely nothing.

I will admit I purchased the game to give it a try ($20) and yes I can agree with some points that you and others made but personally I got my moneys worth with around 90 hours played. This may sound like a waste of time to you but it was fun for me and a group of friends.

It sure as hell lasted alot longer than a few bottles of beer and gave me more enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will have to agree, Maybe I don't agree with all the practices I've still gotten more than what I spent out of the game and will still enjoy playing it.... Don't really see why people who don't enjoy need to hate on everyone who do, just hurts their cause.

All this mess took my attention. I read through official and Steam forums. I saw some people claiming it was known that game would be feature-incomplete. If that's true, it's can be justification. I didn't play the game but even in videos game looks so unfinished. I was kinda thinking it could be a good game(in future) until I saw the last change of 4-hour respawn timer and real-money for quick revive :>.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-19 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Those aren't the only threads being deleted.

I'm sorry, but from here, it really looks like you people bought yourself right into a fine scam. And I've never even played DayZ in my entire life.
    Well, the number of threads like that was down from this morning when I checked, so that was my assumption.

I still don't think the game is a scam, just overpromising with marketing and underdelivering (Peter Monlyneux says sup). It's shitty for sure, but I still see a product, which is something that initial conspiracy theorists claimed would never materialize.

And I've neither played DayZ or WarZ, just a casual sideline observer who's taking some glee watching this whole situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, the number of threads like that was down from this morning when I checked, so that was my assumption.

I still don't think the game is a scam, just overpromising with marketing and underdelivering (Peter Monlyneux says sup). It's shitty for sure, but I still see a product, which is something that initial conspiracy theorists claimed would never materialize.

And I've neither played DayZ or WarZ, just a casual sideline observer who's taking some glee watching this whole situation.
    A moderator shouldn't be taking 'glee' with anything that causes such abrasive arguing and a rift within her own forums. There's another species of forum dweller who also takes glee in chaos, but we wont name those beings.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough* WarZ is actually WarInc modded and they charge you "full price" *cough*

Clearly people misread them, what a joke.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...se-page-issues

"We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features. "

I would be pissed if I bought it.
    At first I thought you were joking lol but then I saw it. His attitude from that post and others that I've seen makes him seem like a teen, it's rather sad he's even allowed to post anything.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-12-19 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...se-page-issues

"We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features. "

I would be pissed if I bought it.

http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg

Yeah those people misread it alright. ecks ****ing dee

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1...source=twitter

Some more funny things from the same guy. "Funny" being subjective I guess, I personally can't help laughing my guts off and feel incredibly sad for any poor sap who acctually bought this game at the same time.

So people actually buy a game where the Steam information page blatantly lies to the potential buyers? And where people get banned for no reason? I mean, that immediately drove me away before I even knew anything about the game, because that seems like a MASSIVE fucking red flag from my point of view. I'm just trying to understand. Do people just ignore that this is happening or are they actually unaware that they're being lied to/scammed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    So people actually buy a game where the Steam information page blatantly lies to the potential buyers? And where people get banned for no reason? I mean, that immediately drove me away before I even knew anything about the game, because that seems like a MASSIVE fucking red flag from my point of view. I'm just trying to understand. Do people just ignore that this is happening or are they actually unaware that they're being lied to/scammed?
    I'd go out on a limb and say some people enjoy the game regardless and have done enough research to know what's true and what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    So people actually buy a game where the Steam information page blatantly lies to the potential buyers?
    That actually bothers me a little bit. Steam should manage the descriptions and make sure they only describe things that are currently in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sergeytitov
    At the same time it was clear that there were a number of customers that felt that information about the game was presented in a way that could have allowed for multiple interpretations.
    I don't like the way they're blaming customers for their mistake. Someone should have the sense to realize that the complaints over the Steam page are legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'd go out on a limb and say some people enjoy the game regardless and have done enough research to know what's true and what's not.
    In other words if you have been some of the few keeping up with the WarZ alpha and beta and still like it, more power to you.

To the people not familiar with it and saw it on top of Steam's selling list and were immediately drawn to its bogus claims, you are S.O.L. Already got your money dude!

10+ Year Old Account

I still don't think the game is a scam, just overpromising with marketing and underdelivering (Peter Monlyneux John Romero says sup). It's shitty for sure, but I still see a product, which is something that initial conspiracy theorists claimed would never materialize.

FTFY.

And I don't know why anyone would buy this game. Left 4 Dead already did the zombie game best. I watched the little trailer/hype movie on the store page and the game frankly looks like complete shit. Even DayZ with its lousy graphics and jerky animations looks better.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Ouch, bringing up bad memories with John Romero : (

And L4D is a zombie shooter, not a survival sandbox. There's a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luling so hard at that gamespy interview.
    What an asshole rep from the developers.
    I can say I 100% regret buying this in Alpha.
    Pity it's near impossible to play it even though I have the comp specs, but it just chugs oddly.
    Don't think mailing them from Aus will get me a refund.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account

All I see is people running around with guns and shooting zombies. It's a zombie game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hardly a sandbox. More like an open world zombie shooter. Or even better, their previous game (War Inc) with modded in zombies and a slighty bigger map.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.