Noticed a huge shift in stats and gemming...

I'm not sure if it's normal or not. Noobs used to do it back in Cata but have secondary stats such as mastery, haste, crit and spirit taken over primary stats? I'm seeing people gem with raw secondary stat gems instead of pure primary stats or a mixture of both.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's normal or not. Noobs used to do it back in Cata but have secondary stats such as mastery, haste, crit and spirit taken over primary stats? I'm seeing people gem with raw secondary stat gems instead of pure primary stats or a mixture of both.
    In this expansion secondary stats get "double the budget" of primary stats. If you gemmed +40int in cata and wanted haste you either took +20int/+20haste or +40haste. Now it would be +80 haste or +20int/+40haste. A lot of specs have a secondary stat worth so much to them that gemming straight for it is worth more than their primary.

Usually this is haste or crit for builds that want a certain amount of one or the other. Spirit is also really common as some specs are mana starved constantly.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    They buffed secondary gems so they are worth using for some specs. And why must you call people noobs?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They buffed secondary gems so they are worth using for some specs. And why must you call people noobs?

Because some people are. I'm sorry but death knights gemming with yellow crit gems wasn't normal in Cata. Same goes with any other class that wasn't a tank for the most part... Very few rare exceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people are. I'm sorry but death knights gemming with yellow crit gems wasn't normal in Cata. Same goes with any other class that wasn't a tank for the most part... Very few rare exceptions.
    So? No need to be a rude prick. Tell then nicely that those gems don't so much for them. You were once a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So? No need to be a rude prick. Tell then nicely that those gems don't so much for them. You were once a noob.

researching your class properly isn't difficult. People don't know how to utilize www.google.com . You sound angry though, maybe you're one of the bads that put like haste/mastery gems in every slot xD

researching your class properly isn't difficult. People don't know how to utilize www.google.com . You sound angry though, maybe you're one of the bads that put like haste/mastery gems in every slot xD
    uhhhh, he doesn't sound angry at all... maybe you're one of those "bads" with horrible comprehension skills and likes to say stupid shit that reeks of an immature kid?

Also.. some people just simply don't give a fuck about gems, maxing dps, or whatever else "elitists" bitch to others about, and just play the game as, you know.. a game, not a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my current gear, gemming haste is better than gemming strength, so all my gems are either pure haste or a mixture of haste and something else.

Quote Originally Posted by gryme View Post
    uhhhh, he doesn't sound angry at all... maybe you're one of those "bads" with horrible comprehension skills and likes to say stupid shit that reeks of an immature kid?

Also.. some people just simply don't give a fuck about gems, maxing dps, or whatever else "elitists" bitch to others about, and just play the game as, you know.. a game, not a job.
    People that gem wrong are gemming that way because they think it's right, not because they don't care about min maxing dps though. True story.

People that gem wrong are gemming that way because they think it's right, not because they don't care about min maxing dps though. True story.
    oh, is that right? some mind reading skills you have there.. I wish I had the ability to know for certain why millions of people do what they do. You win the award for typing out the dumbest shit I've read all day... congrats!

Or they researched it, saw gemming a primary was best but they aren't interested in pissing away 500g/gem on expensive primary stat gems for gear they intend to replace, so 20g a piece secondaries make more sense in being second best but considerably cheaper. It's nice to know you fancy yourself an expert on how other people think, but you are flat out wrong. Second or third best gem choices > no gem at all.

You got what you wanted answered, stop being so combative with everyone else.

You guys are all wrong! The people that gemmed with secondary stats in cataclysm, were just plain bad okay? .

oke since when did everyone in WoW care about min maxing?

the way you react it looks like you want to be in the top 3 raiding guilds. and might has the skills for it. BUT your momma won't allow to you play WoW that much so you pick on baddies.

grz you won a price today.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:34 AM ----------

You guys are all wrong! The people that gemmed with secondary stats in cataclysm, were just plain bad okay? .
    or again they don't care? just like you don't care what other people say.

wonder how tick that metal plate his.

Would you guys care to see my armory? My gems and reforging are flawless. I'm the ideal wow player. Everyone should do the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places.

Has anyone noticed the irony in the OP calling people noobs for gemming pure secondary stats because they were bad when the OP dosen't seem to know any of the gem changes made in this expansion and why gemming for pure secondary stats would be acceptable?

I think you'll find gemming is a good way to squeeze more out of your class but ultimately shouldn't really change your numbers in any major fashion, well, not enough to send you plummeting to 'bad' status. If you see people with 'bad' gems or with wrong stat priority and you actually know what they should be, just whisper the person and let them know. More often than not you'll get back 'go away' [said with more profanity] but offering the help to educate 'bads' is still the best way to improve the game for others and ultimately yourself

Someone needs to grow up.

Closing this. Really unnecessary attitudes in this thread. Please don't be so rude.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions