Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Name: Gházh
    Processor: Intel i7 3770k
    Clock: 4600Mhz
    Voltage: 1.360 (1.375 BIOS with level 2 LLC)
    Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/ELeg2.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2551628

*Shrug*
    Promised, posted. Didn't honestly think it would make it past the 8 hours mark as I had some memory related crashing problems when I fiddled with it initially. Made some last minute adjustments and changed the RAM from 1T to 2T and bumped the voltage up a little. Came out a little warm but it was still running strong at 17 hours. :-)
    That is why I dislike the IvyBridge. 3 digits at 4,6GHZ. I can get my Sandy to 5,0 Stable with better temps also giving me better performance. Your looks gloriously fine, seen disasters before this, but I still dislike the fact that it's just a same chip with slightly less clockage up and worse temps. Although on Laptops I love Ivy. I7 3610QM turbo at 3,3 GHZ beats stuff. Haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not going to be an entry for the leader board. I just want to do a light OC, without causing additional fan noise (my computer has to be quiet). Do you guys think, that i could maybe drop the Vcore a little bit more? Currently it is set to Offset -0.60. What are the minimum voltages that this CPU runs at?

CPU: Intel i5-3570k
    Clock: 4.0GHz
    Voltage: 1.15V
    Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3
    Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/n8RRs.jpg
    CPU-Z: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2552340
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I think I remember seeing 3570Ks running at 0.9V at stock speeds/lowered a couple of hundred MHz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That is why I dislike the IvyBridge. 3 digits at 4,6GHZ. I can get my Sandy to 5,0 Stable with better temps also giving me better performance. Your looks gloriously fine, seen disasters before this, but I still dislike the fact that it's just a same chip with slightly less clockage up and worse temps. Although on Laptops I love Ivy. I7 3610QM turbo at 3,3 GHZ beats stuff. Haha.
    Well to be perfectly honest with you my chip is just awfully bad overclocker so can't really generalize based purely on that. There's bad SB samples as well that hit the wall at lower clocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That's fucking ridiculous dude. ._.

And honestly, even at 99 Celsius, I'm sure some damage can be done, don't let it sit at those temps. >_<
    I can't think of a realistic scenario where it would go much above 80's. It's only burn tests that I've seen it get over 90 ever and I'm keeping an eye on it. Not too worried about it anyway as I'm tempted to replace it shortly. :/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I daresay I think I've finally gotten my i5-2500K stable at 4.5GHz with 1.38v, I think what really helped the most though, was enabling Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage... >_>

Will get an 8 hour Prime 95 run done soon(TM) but it has already done a fair bit of Prime yesterday, some custom tests and a bit of blend, also Heaven 3.0, though that is of course more GPU.

Will have to try and see how much I can lower the voltage.

How many of you have enabled your internal CPU PLL Overvoltage?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I never really understood what it does, so I left it off. It's winter now, maybe christmas week I'll sit down and see if I can get over 4.5

How many of you have enabled your internal CPU PLL Overvoltage?
    I used it when I was going for 4.8+GHz, but I had no intentions of playing at those clocks so I turned it back off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering how bad or anything it is...

Ever since turning it on and shoving 1.38v into the CPU, 4.5GHz has been going strong the past 27 hours.
    "A flower.

The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it enabling it can cause your computer not to wake from sleep (assuming you stay within safe voltages, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it enabling it can cause your computer not to wake from sleep (assuming you stay within safe voltages, of course).
    This is common, but you can "sleep" but not turn off HDD, Standby~ sleep mode and its stuck, or in my case instantly wakes back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I use sleep... who bothers using it? Especially when you have an SSD. ;p

4.5GHz@1.38v withOUT Internal PLL Overvoltage passed the short custom Prime95 tests of 1344 min/max FFT/FT and 1792 of the same. 26 minutes of 1344 and 33 minutes of 1792, in 1 minute cycles, using 12.5GB of RAM. I then let it do a blend test, and it BSOD'd with an x124 code within like 10 minutes or so, at one point I just noticed my computer wasn't on. lol

I get the feeling my CPU just needs the Internal PLL Overvoltage because it sucks that badly.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    As hoped and talked about... I am back with a new overclock! It seems for me to get 4.5GHz stable, I need to enable Internal PLL Overvoltage. Oh well!

Name: DeltrusDisc
    Processor: i5-2500K
    Clock: 4.5GHz
    Voltage: 1.38v (in BIOS)
    Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 ALED
    Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/rsiVA.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/2620849

I feel all giddy.

I will now be looking to attempt 4.6GHz and up to 4.8GHz, depending. Temperatures were mostly sitting in the lower to mid 60s Celsius every now and then going into the 70s, so I think I can squeeze out some more speed/voltages. Also, now that we know my CPU just needed the Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled, who knows, maybe it can do 4.6GHz at 1.38v!
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-12-19 at 09:22 AM.
    "A flower.

Also, now that we know my CPU just needed the Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled, who knows, maybe it can do 4.6GHz at 1.38v!
    Congrats on what you have managed so far! Your temps look pretty good, too. You still have a ton of voltage headroom, though. I know that you already know about the 1.52 white paper limit of the chips. I have actually gotten my machine to boot into Windows @5.1GHz with 1.51V. It was not stable for benching, but It didn't get any better with 1.52 either. My chip doesn't do that well on voltage, so my voltages are actually closer to 1.38-1.40 just for 4.5. You might have a better chip than you think if you open up your VCore a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name: DeltrusDisc
    Processor: i5-2500K
    Clock: 4.5GHz
    Voltage: 1.375v (in BIOS)
    Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 ALED
    Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/N80bv.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/2621445

lol here's 10 hours of 4.5GHz@1.375v while I was sleeping stable.

4.6GHz@1.4v crashed within like 5-10 minutes of activating Prime. :P
    "A flower.

4.6GHz@1.4v crashed within like 5-10 minutes of activating Prime. :P
    Dang. Sorry man. Try 1.41 :P

Aint those voltages alittle high ? Or is it common for sandy?
    Using an Ivy here at relatively high voltages for the OC I got (4.4ghz @ 1.256v on cpu-z)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    Aint those voltages alittle high ? Or is it common for sandy?
    Using an Ivy here at relatively high voltages for the OC I got (4.4ghz @ 1.256v on cpu-z)
    Fine for sandy, too high for ivy ^^

I have not gotten to clock an Ivy yet. I have toyed with the idea of a new motherboard and 3770k recently though...

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Fine for sandy, too high for ivy ^^
    Says the guy whose 2500K thinks it is a 3570K with that vCore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Says the guy whose 2500K thinks it is a 3570K with that vCore :/
    I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.