Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are windwalkers still any good in Arenas?

Just like in the topic...
    How Windwalker Monks are in PvP lately?

Didn't see a single one in ages, so guess they aren't doing very well.

"Still good" they've never been "good." Probably the weakest melee at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're implying that they were ever any good..
    They weren't, and they still aren't.

Deleted
    They're bad. No burst. Like a Warrior without charge/burst.

Lack of burst hurts them tons. even rogues are better off than them i'd say.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey, at least you dont have to worry about intervening a touch of death (i still think that youtube vid was awesome xDD)

I'm an avid pvp windwalker, even though I do agree we are underperforming, I still think we are viable for arenas. There's a lot of tips and strategies people haven't gotten use to yet from what I've seen and the only problems i really have are Destro Locks and hunters, sometimes frost mages.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2012-12-19 at 09:45 PM.

i'm not good at pvp i admit, but was fighting a windwalker/resto druid team at around 1600 rating, while the windwalker had crappy damage done in the end (about 60% of my damage done as MM hunter), and a bit lower than my frost mage partner, they could cc us like FOREVER... was so anoying, we lost to them 5/6 times we met them, so they are decent, while not the best.

Yea we have a good amount of stuns and good mobility (tiger's lust, 2x roll, flying serpent kick, transcendence, nitro boosts) but we're way too vulnerable when stunned/feared.

Check out smash up gaming on YouTube. I currently do 2v2 /3v3 with him and we kick ass monks are good in pvp just mostly a LT play issue /LT counter not many people know WW yet so it's a good advantage

If they put burst into WW monks , I will cry deeply as a Frost dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also a lack of survivability. Seen many livestreamers globalling monks because their only "survivability" CD is touch of karma. Besides that they can be globalled with ease.

were they ever good in arena?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    were they ever good in arena?
    ^ this. Unless they get a major fix. They're still shit in arena.

From what I've seen, they put up solid constant pressure and have solid time-on-target. That's it though, their kill potential and burst is low. They can't really go in for a kill. They don't make a bad melee support class (much like Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shamans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysprime View Post
    From what I've seen, they put up solid constant pressure and have solid time-on-target. That's it though, their kill potential and burst is low. They can't really go in for a kill. They don't make a bad melee support class (much like Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shamans.)
    At least Ret and Enh can drop notible heals while in that supporting role. WW is CC and distraction-only from what I can tell.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Erlifal View Post
    Check out smash up gaming on YouTube. I currently do 2v2 /3v3 with him and we kick ass monks are good in pvp just mostly a LT play issue /LT counter not many people know WW yet so it's a good advantage

You mean ToK and run around all over?

I think they will be buffing WW Monk soon, they started them off weak because of what happened with DK's 1v7 people at the begining of the xpack. This is their XPack class so most likely they are starting them off slow and ramping them up instead of the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    At least Ret and Enh can drop notible heals while in that supporting role. WW is CC and distraction-only from what I can tell.
    My only experience as monk is from the 5.1 PTR since my live monk is only level 49. On the PTR I felt like my constant damage output and my survivability were good. By support, I meant things such as Grapple Weapon and Tiger's Lust. The heals are indeed pretty sub-par. I'm not saying WW monks are in a good place, I'm trying to say that they aren't completely worthless.