Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like the 2 new features

Feature (i.imgur.com/t6F9c.jpg )} Getting threatened by the transaction company by being put on some ball crap made up blacklist -

and now this lol (i.imgur.com/t6F9c.jpg) So when you die you get a instant revive GIVE US MORE MONEY TO PLAY THIS NASTY GAME screen

I can see them Adding a timer which you need to keep topping up with real money or your character dies ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc0f4212de4e; 2012-12-19 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...eam-customers/

Is it me or are they digging themselves a deeper grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

Yep... I'm beginning to regret my purchase now. But I suppose those chances are slim since I bought it in October?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

I just don't understand what made people want to buy it in the first place after watching that trailer. Why not just buy Arma 2 so you can play DayZ?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I just don't understand what made people want to buy it in the first place after watching that trailer. Why not just buy Arma 2 so you can play DayZ?
    I think people expected it to be better as it was supposed to be a full game rather than an Alpha Stage Mod which is what DayZ is, also if I'm not mistaken the features listed on the article which were listed as part of the game's features (Until recently) were most likely a big selling point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yep... I'm beginning to regret my purchase now. But I suppose those chances are slim since I bought it in October?
    Well unlucky then, best of luck getting a refund if you decide to want one. If enough people ask for one then you will get results. It's already generated enough controversy that I'd say there's a good chance people will get something in return.
    Everything so far about this game has been bad for consumers and I feel a little disheartened that a game that's drawn influences from a very popular mod could end up like this considering DayZ was a very community pushed Mod.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-19 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I liked this part:

And the WarZ Steam forum reminds me of the official Diablo 3 forum back in June/July.

Then there's this:

http://www.thewarz.com/tos.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this against the law in many countries?
    I know jack shit about TOS and consumer laws.
    yeah they can write whatever they want into their TOS, if it conflicts with the law the whole TOS is simply null and void. At least that's how it works in the EU.
    They could write something like "If you accept this TOS all of your money, your soul and your firstborn child will belong to us" and it wouldn't have any more meaning than this ridiculous "no refunds" thingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    So people actually buy a game where the Steam information page blatantly lies to the potential buyers? And where people get banned for no reason? I mean, that immediately drove me away before I even knew anything about the game, because that seems like a MASSIVE fucking red flag from my point of view. I'm just trying to understand. Do people just ignore that this is happening or are they actually unaware that they're being lied to/scammed?
    People bought the game before they knew what was on that page wasn't in the game yet, so they changed the steam page to reflect the actual game. And no one is getting banned for no reason, they did a ban wave of hackers and a couple of people had their accounts falsely banned, so Hammerpoint went through and un-banned those people and gave them some GC.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Im blind and Now I see, I was such a fool to buy this turd- .
    kotaku.com/5969663/warz-gets-suspicious-microtransactions-just-as-it-hits-the-top-of-steams-charts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I liked this part:

And the WarZ Steam forum reminds me of the official Diablo 3 forum back in June/July.

Then there's this:

http://www.thewarz.com/tos.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this against the law in many countries?
    I know jack shit about TOS and consumer laws.
    In most countries (if not all) this is illegal, why you may ask? simply because a private contract (TOS in this case) is tied not only to contractual laws but to public laws. And in hierarchy public laws > contracts, that's done in order to keep some "safeguard" on the people.

My english is not my native language sadly, one of the principles of private rights (as we call it here, it's also called as civil rights) that you shall never go against public laws:

-Chilean Civil Code
    -"Art. 1462. Hay un objeto ilícito en todo lo que contraviene al derecho público chileno. [...]."
    There's illicit object (which means declaring the contract void) in everything that contradicts chilean public laws (the following part in that article is not relevant, speaks about promising issues to another jurisdictions that are prohibited by chilean laws (never seen such a case, it's a weird situation).

Well reading the multiple threads, reviews, and interviews done with regards to this game....I think I am just gonna stick to DayZ until State of Decay comes out.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxxz View Post
    I'm angry that other people are having fun playing a game that I, for some reason, can not stop hating.
    2 can play at this game buddy.
    They are charging $0.40 for a feature that no one needs to use, it gives you no advantage as you can have 5 characters. Most people will also be playing hardcore where there is no revival.

This isn't the first game to have micro transaction and it sure as hell won't be the last. I've played wow since release, spent well over $1000 on that game, and they still charge extra for some pets and mounts in their store. So why can't this company have some extra ways of making money for a game they are only charging $15 for. And FYI, they original had the re spawn rate at 24h with a way to buy back in, so this transaction is nothing new. People just don't read anything about the game they are buying.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-19 at 03:37 PM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

People bought the game before they knew what was on that page wasn't in the game yet, so they changed the steam page to reflect the actual game. And no one is getting banned for no reason, they did a ban wave of hackers and a couple of people had their accounts falsely banned, so Hammerpoint went through and un-banned those people and gave them some GC.
    Tell that to my brother who was banned for literally no reason, and after numerous attempts to contact the staff, has not received any kind of reply. He hasn't been looking for compensation or a refund or anything like that, he just wants to play the game again. After all of this, I don't know why he still even wants to touch that game with a ten foot pole, but yes, people have been banned for no reason and they haven't been addressed at all. That is my major beef with this game. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Tell that to my brother who was banned for literally no reason, and after numerous attempts to contact the staff, has not received any kind of reply. He hasn't been looking for compensation or a refund or anything like that, he just wants to play the game again. After all of this, I don't know why he still even wants to touch that game with a ten foot pole, but yes, people have been banned for no reason and they haven't been addressed at all. That is my major beef with this game. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    The company itself is somewhat shady, there's also a dev conversation that got filtered about him using his "powers" to get an advantage.

The fact of an Ex-Mod of the WarZ forum showing up some nasty stuff from the company and then making a weird "regret on the matter, stating everything he said was a lie" makes me think it was a bit more than just lawyers pushing it up on him.

Big rigs comes to mind when Sergei Titov name popped up... and also the shady and bad PR from the guy when interviewed with gamespy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and (some) servers are now at 100 players. The reason they didn't have it at that before, was because as they stated, that is to many people. And the people who have been playing the game know that it is to many people so they lowered it for us.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and (some) servers are now at 100 players. The reason they didn't have it at that before, was because as they stated, that is to many people. And the people who have been playing the game know that it is to many people so they lowered it for us.
    "For us" no... just don't, he just did it because he knew he would het in a fuckton of troubles after the fake promises and a possible lawsuit.
    He could still get one for his ToS that he took from LoL LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Deleted
    It was too many because they promised map size was 400km2 then it was reduces to 160km2 for testing purposes and would increase over time, Full game release size is 72km2 lol and 50 player servers - was going to be 250 but that would just be insane in a map smaller than my garden

It was reduced because their toybox joke of an engine and the devs skill level couldn't get it to work, So the map became tiny and so did the servers..

But it pointless arguing with you, lets just see where the game is when Dayz SA is out and BoreZ is selling everything from guns and sexy time with your sister

It was too many because they promised map size was 400km2 then it was reduces to 160km2 for testing purposes and would increase over time, Full game release size is 72km2 lol and 50 player servers - was going to be 250 but that would just be insane in a map smaller than my garden

It was reduced because their toybox joke of an engine and the devs skill level couldn't get it to work, So the map became tiny and so did the servers..

But it pointless arguing with you, lets just see where the game is when Dayz SA is out and BoreZ is selling everything from guns and sexy time with your sister
    Obvious totalbiscuit fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

The very fact it wasn't in at launch is enough to be annoyed at.
    It's actually rather scary than people can defend such consumer unfriendly actions.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Hey! I like TB too!

Either way, like or hate him you can't act is if what he said was wrong - features listed were not in the game at launch. This is a fact.
    Complaining about is also not limited to him so don't act as if it's some isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    TB fanboy or not, can you really say that he's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The company itself is somewhat shady, there's also a dev conversation that got filtered about him using his "powers" to get an advantage.

The fact of an Ex-Mod of the WarZ forum showing up some nasty stuff from the company and then making a weird "regret on the matter, stating everything he said was a lie" makes me think it was a bit more than just lawyers pushing it up on him.

Big rigs comes to mind when Sergei Titov name popped up... and also the shady and bad PR from the guy when interviewed with gamespy.
    Oh definitely. Even if I was interested in this type of game at all, these aren't the kind of people that I would want to give my money too, and I wish I was able to help my brother make a more informed decision before he went and bought it. It's not a good sign when a company tries to shift any and all blame that's put on them onto the consumers or other people. I've yet to see them admit any kind of mistake or give a real apology anywhere. "I'm sorry that people misread the information on our Steam page" doesn't count.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-12-19 at 04:13 PM.