Will I be able to get that feeling again?

Dear Rift lovers,

I've noticed a robust undeclining bit of enthousiasm on this board. I played Rift in the first month of the release, and I quite liked it. The poor questing compared to WoW at the time really kept me from getting past lvl 4X. I played shaman/justicar/sentinel, and was a total best in PvP. Because I was so succesful I loved the game even more. I was even able to beat lvl 50 people at lvl 40. Many months ago there was a free weekend, and I noticed that I wasnt able to dominate as hard as a I did in the past

Is my playstyle still viable at max level?
    Is that awesome OP macro system altered?
    Is this game worth it if I will likely be restricted to casual PvP?

tnx in advance

i do not know what your first sentence is even saying

if you disliked the questing, you won't like the questing still. the game has changed a LOT and is doing really well, but you come across as someone who is addicted to wow, bored with wow and looking for a fix

if that's true, no, don't buy it, just stick to wow

I particulary disliked the kill 10 this and gather 3 that quests. I believe much questing is done in groups now, which i like alot more. Also I still love WoW but don't feel liek playing it atm. I'm not in any way addicted to anything.

Deleted
    SL questing omg omg omg omg i love it and i normally hate story questing. macros have been nerfed and the pvp is very grind heavy to answer your other questions. Just finished the quests for the queen, and it was awesome got to see crucia get zapped by this massive dial thingy in a air rift in the first few quests of pelladane. love it.
    Carnage quests un-clutter the actual quest givers so the quest givers mostly give you interesting story based quests in SL. you can find random quests just lying on the floor, there is just so much quest variation now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post
    I particulary disliked the kill 10 this and gather 3 that quests. I believe much questing is done in groups now, which i like alot more. Also I still love WoW but don't feel liek playing it atm. I'm not in any way addicted to anything.
    Instant adventure, you click a join button, get put in a raid group of up to 20 people, you run across zones to complete group quests.

Is my playstyle still viable at max level?
    Is that awesome OP macro system altered?
    Is this game worth it if I will likely be restricted to casual PvP?
    - Not sure what your "playstyle" was to begin with. But all souls received major revisions with the expansion. Many no longer do the same things or fill the same roles.
    - Altered. Can't chain a million abilities anymore into 1 button. Well, you can. But most will not work at all.
    - No. Rift is mostly a PVE game and PVE is the strongest aspect of the game. Most updated too.

I particulary disliked the kill 10 this and gather 3 that quests. I believe much questing is done in groups now, which i like alot more.
    Questing hasn't changed in Rift. It's still kill 10/collect 10. They just have a free tagging system now like Guild Wars 2.

Also their are hotjoin zergs called Instant Adventure. Which is essentially an infinitely spawning series of kill 10/collect 10 quests. Works like this: click a button, get ported to a group [if any], kill/collect/defend, auto completes, spawn a new kill/collect/defend quest in the same general area. Instant Adventures will keep spawning them and teleporting you around the world as people join in and drop out as they please.

It's still the same questing style. Rift just lets you do those type of quests in a variety of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 seems to be more similar to you then.

Other than that, for RIFT, it has gotten far greater. Honestly I can't deny just how awesome this game has become.