Poll: Dwarf

Deleted
    The movie was a blast, I really enjoyed every single piece of it.

Deleted
    Awesome movie, there's no doubt of that. That just sucks that we have to wait entire YEAR til next part! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Well, the istari are ainur and have a "real" name that was used among them. Gandalf's real name is for example Olórin, Saruman's is Curumo and Radagast's is Aiwendil. Alatar and Pallando are the such names of the blue wizards.

Morinehtar and Rómestámo are probably the names they have "acquired" after they arrived in Middle-Earth (such as Mithrandir, or Gandalf, or Curunír).
    Would've been more "accurate" to use word "Maiar" here, as the dividation between the greatest of ainu, the Valar, and the lesser ones Maiar, which Gandalf represents is rather gigantic. Sort of on a level of "God and his angels".
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Just finished watching it an hour ago and I was not disappointed. Those that have read the book, forget what you know, this is totally different. Go watch it but do not try to anticipate what part is coming next, you will only confuse yourself.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2012-12-19 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Loved the movie, havent read the book(s?) though.

I must say I expected some other things to see.
    I was expecting to see as to why the orcs could ride so easily in the daylight.
    I was expecting Radagast to be less filthy, come on, the poo on the face, really...
    I was expecting more Balrog.
    I was expecting to see a little more of the dwarven culture after the first few mins.
    I was expecting a little more fighting (fierce dwarven combat, not fleeing) - only redeeming part was towards the end in this matter.
    I was NOT expecting them to find a cave full of epic loot.

Still a great movie. MUST watch for LotR fans, great watch for everyone else.
    (sry if i spoiled some parts)

9/10 for me.

Expecting the next parts to be a little better, (warm up movie as someone said earlier) so my expectations towards the trilogy will be fulfilled.
    (I must say I wasnt a big fan of the first installment of LotR either - it's the least favourite of the 3 for me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Would've been more "accurate" to use word "Maiar" here, as the dividation between the greatest of ainu, the Valar, and the lesser ones Maiar, which Gandalf represents is rather gigantic. Sort of on a level of "God and his angels".
    There might be a difference in numbers or power, but they belong to the same "species". They separated into valar and maiar only when they entered arda.

Admittedly, ainu sounds good to my ears, while maia does not, so I tend to use the former whenever I can, as long as it is technically correct :P

Cheers for the feedback, guys!

Much appreciated!

Will go see it in 2 days !

The Hobbit has gotten miserable ratings because it put in way too much filler content, so much so that the first half of the movie was tiresome. If I was Peter, I would have cut out about 35 minutes worth of footage. I am a die-hard fan, and I watched all the vlogs multiple times, but I LITERALLY FELL ASLEEP about an hour into the movie.

I rate the first half of the movie a D-
    I rate the second half of the movie an A-

Disappointed? Yeah you could say that.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I loved it! The ending was a little sudden I feel. I though we were half way through the movie, thinking there is going to be a small break, but the movie actually ended. 3 hours went so fast!

Definately will be another 1-2 movies to continue the story, no doubt about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Damn, I loved it! The ending was a little sudden I feel. I though we were half way through the movie, thinking there is going to be a small break, but the movie actually ended. 3 hours went so fast!

It's confirmed to be a trilogy
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post

I must say I expected some other things to see.
    I was expecting more Balrog.
    Is this a metaphor or do you really mean you wanted there to be a Balrog? I mean c'mon..

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I was expecting a little more fighting (fierce dwarven combat, not fleeing) - only redeeming part was towards the end in this matter.
    As was mentioned in the start of the movie when they first came to Bilbo's house, they aren't warriors. And the typical response for a non-warrior is to flee for their lives.

I will agree with Radagast. The long stream of dried bird poo on his face was a bit unneeded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    As was mentioned in the start of the movie when they first came to Bilbo's house, they aren't warriors. And the typical response for a non-warrior is to flee for their lives.

I will agree with Radagast. The long stream of dried bird poo on his face was a bit unneeded.
    Anyway, what could they have done? 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard against countless orcs in Goblintown... Yes, I would have fled too. Just like the Fellowship of the Ring fled in Moria.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

Next one will probably start with Gandalf n Bilbo meeting Beorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    The Hobbit has gotten miserable ratings because it put in way too much filler content, so much so that the first half of the movie was tiresome. If I was Peter, I would have cut out about 35 minutes worth of footage. I am a die-hard fan, and I watched all the vlogs multiple times, but I LITERALLY FELL ASLEEP about an hour into the movie.
    You don't like Bombur? How do you sleep at night!?
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2012-12-20 at 01:18 AM.

Saw it today in the 3D HFR, love it. Was my first time seeing a HFR movie (not sure if there are even others out there). The first few scenes it was like I was right there on the set. Couldn't tell it was a movie. The movie was a tad slow, but I enjoyed that. Tons of memories from my youth reading the book multiple times over.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    does anyone know if peter jackson will do the similiarion movie after the hobbit is finished
    From what I understand the Tolkien family is not very happy with PJ's films (why I don't understand) and will never allow him to make another film. It would actually be helpful in this trilogy if he could use some of the info from The Similiarion but the family has forbid it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the movie, the only thing is that there were way too much random stuff, like the fighting mountains. 3 mountains transforming to 3 stone giants, that randomly starts fighting and throwing huge rocks at each other, makes no sence imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    From what I understand the Tolkien family is not very happy with PJ's films (why I don't understand) and will never allow him to make another film. It would actually be helpful in this trilogy if he could use some of the info from The Similiarion but the family has forbid it.
    If they know so well, why don't they make a movie themselves? Or are they going to sit on it indefinitely being selfish like Smaug on his treasure?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    He's not in the book, it's just Jackson messing with several timelines and the overall lore so that he can justify stretching a 300 page book in to 3 movies. I was kind of hoping the characters would be better fleshed out. In the book they were pretty 1 sided and boring and Jackson had the chance to change that but judging by movie he didn't and probably won't. He seems more concerned filling up the run time with unnecessary/unnecessarily long scenes, such as the pale orc storyline, the long stone giant scene, the frodo cameo at the beginning of the movie, the list goes on and on. All this additions just lead to a poorly paced movie.
    Also remember that the Battle of the Five Armies is not in The Hobbit. Bilbo gets bonked on the head and gets knocked out. When he comes to, the battle is over with the Dwarves, Men and Elves victorious. You had to use your imagination to picture what the battle looked like.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    If they know so well, why don't they make a movie themselves? Or are they going to sit on it indefinitely being selfish like Smaug on his treasure?...
    http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...n-family-47841

Again, I don't understand this. I thought PJ did very well with the story. It is nearly exactly as the books read with only minor changes to enhance it for the screen.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...n-family-47841

Again, I don't understand this. I thought PJ did very well with the story. It is nearly exactly as the books read with only minor changes to enhance it for the screen.
    Meh... I can completely understand why they wouldn't like LOTR. Tolkien's books are not just a story to them. Its his legacy. Anything other than a completely faithful reproduction of the books would likely be a disappointment to them.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.