Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10 man: Phase 2 Questions

I'm looking for some input on Phase 2 of this encounter on 10 man. We'll be looking at him seriously for the first time tonight and I want to make sure I understand the best way to do the end of the fight.

We'll be 3 healing, so I was planning on killing the echo in phase 2. Are there any videos that clearly show positioning for this tactic? We don't have a paladin to just heal the echo tank, so I wanted to kill it.

If someone could break down the movement in the final phase and how that corresponds with the boss/echo abilities that would be very helpful, and also the ideal time to bloodlust and nuke the echo down.

Thanks.

2 heal and zerg it with bop's imo

Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    I'm looking for some input on Phase 2 of this encounter on 10 man. We'll be looking at him seriously for the first time tonight and I want to make sure I understand the best way to do the end of the fight.

We'll be 3 healing, so I was planning on killing the echo in phase 2. Are there any videos that clearly show positioning for this tactic? We don't have a paladin to just heal the echo tank, so I wanted to kill it.

If someone could break down the movement in the final phase and how that corresponds with the boss/echo abilities that would be very helpful, and also the ideal time to bloodlust and nuke the echo down.

Thanks.
    OP said there's no paladin in the raid thus making bop's irrelevant.

Would it be best to kill the echo in p2 or ignore and burn boss whilst trying to avoid the attenuation or zerg the echo down first? I've looked for some videos where they killed the echo but could not find anything.

Has anyone actually killed the echo in p2? Any videos would be appreciated.

Hello, we 3 heal and kill the echo. As far as I know most 10man groups kill it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQf-phERksU

Phase 2 starts about 6 minutes in, I'm not sure if the order he does stuff changes depending on your dps/timing of the third platform, but he generally almost always does; Attenuation, FnV, Echo Spawn as MC goes out, boss Atten, Echo Atten, Boss FnV as Echo dies, fight becomes easy.

The tricky part to this strategy is moving the boss far away after the first Force n Verve, the further away you get him the more time you get to DPS the echo uninterrupted by dodging. BoP helps a couple of casters to tunnel, but we have since killed it without any bops. Just depends on high burst dps with hero/pots/cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinaswarrior View Post
    2 heal and zerg it with bop's imo
    This is what we do.

We 3 heal and ignore the echo. Position boss at one end of room by MC platform. When Echo comes out, wait to move the boss until after his Attenuation which is like 2 secs after he pops Echo. Then move him to entrance stairs. Keep 1 tank, 1 healer on Echo, rest of raid finish boss. Easy.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

My guild will be fighting him tonight as well (we fought him last night, had 2 hours to put into him. Our first wipe happened when we had 2 mind controlled. 1 died and the other stayed MCed... for over 20 minutes holding the fight and causing him to keep doing his song, killing you as you walked inside. we had him DC himself and when he came back he was dead, but found vizier had real ID friended him. we reformed and tried to walk in but he could not join us. reformed with him as leader and walked in.. to discover the song was still going almost 30 min after the initial wipe. we decided to just go kill ToE, and our priest went out for coffee with vizier, they are good buddies now)

But back to the point, when youall say BoP and zerg, are you immune-tanking the echo? or just using it to survive some of the mechanics like double attenuation?

This is how we do it:
    • P2 starts, pop Hero as he flies up, keep him in the middle
    • Spiral dodge first Attenuation, just like on the platform
    • Immediately after that Attenuation, drag the boss to a pillar on the side of the MC platform
    • Ranged stack in barriers (should have dropped in the middle); heal tanks and melee through it
    • Echo spawns and MCs go out; break MCs immediately; no DPS on Echo
    • Drag boss to the pillar on the other side of the MC platform as soon as the Echo spawns
    • Double Attenuate here; just dodge at range
    • Pull boss near the entrance ramp with some space on all sides (run early so he doesn't drop shields in the middle of nowhere)
    • Stack in shields near boss—you will only have 2, so assign certain people to stay out
    • MC; break it fast
    • Double Attenuate; spiral dodge around the boss while watching for rings from the echo (best part of the whole fight right here)
    • He should die around here

We run 2 heals, no pallies. Our DK tanks the Echo and does DK things to stay alive. He gets some heals occasionally when healers can safely make it over there. We tried 3 heals and killing the Echo, but we found 2 heal and ignore the Echo a lot easier.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-19 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This is how we do it:
    • Immediately after that Attenuation, drag the boss to a pillar on the side of the MC platform
    • Ranged stack in barriers (should have dropped in the middle); heal tanks and melee through it
    • Drag boss to the pillar on the other side of the MC platform as soon as the Echo spawns
    • Pull boss near the entrance ramp with some space on all sides (run early so he doesn't drop shields in the middle of nowhere)
    • Stack in shields near boss—you will only have 2, so assign certain people to stay out
    • MC; break it fast
    • Double Attenuate; spiral dodge around the boss while watching for rings from the echo (best part of the whole fight right here)

We run 2 heals, no pallies. Our DK tanks the Echo and does DK things to stay alive. He gets some heals occasionally when healers can safely make it over there. We tried 3 heals and killing the Echo, but we found 2 heal and ignore the Echo a lot easier.
    Ok, so i get what you're doing here... except one thing. "Spiral dodge first Attenuation" isn't working, so obv I'm missing something cuz the green orbs immediately impede any direction i choose. Any specific tip on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeague View Post
    Ok, so i get what you're doing here... except one thing. "Spiral dodge first Attenuation" isn't working, so obv I'm missing something cuz the green orbs immediately impede any direction i choose. Any specific tip on this?
    It's the exact same as on the platform. As long as you have the same relative positioning, you should be fine.

It's the exact same as on the platform. As long as you have the same relative positioning, you should be fine.
    I'm sorry but we're not experiencing it the same at the platforms. None of our members are experiencing it the same way. the green orbs block the 'spiral' almost immediately, and i was positioned the same as the platform where i have almost no issue. Maybe you could share how you are positioned?

I'm sorry but we're not experiencing it the same at the platforms. None of our members are experiencing it the same way. the green orbs block the 'spiral' almost immediately, and i was positioned the same as the platform where i have almost no issue. Maybe you could share how you are positioned?
    are you moving the boss at all before he attenuates? we found that can cause some problems.
    otherwise it's just like the 2nd platform

Is your group back a lot farther during p3? You might be missing the correct arm because it moves in front of you.

Should be exactly the same for your MT regardless though.

The boss must be facing the exact same direction as he's facing during normal attenuate phase. (ie. positioning needs to be identical in every way - other than he's in the middle now, obviously)

Deleted
    This is how we do it:
    • MC; break it fast
    The thing that confuses me on this list is the Second MC you get in Phase 2, i was strongly under the impression he only did one MC :-\

10+ Year Old Account
    We 3 man healed it, with no paladin.
    First kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NTIE8AdRST0
    Killed it yesterday with a bad phase2: http://da.twitch.tv/h4mst3r/b/349419000 - 24:10 in

This is from a healing monk pov. Hope you can use it :>

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    The thing that confuses me on this list is the Second MC you get in Phase 2, i was strongly under the impression he only did one MC :-\
    he can mc as many times as it comes off cd in p2.
    depends on long you take killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    The boss must be facing the exact same direction as he's facing during normal attenuate phase. (ie. positioning needs to be identical in every way - other than he's in the middle now, obviously)
    Ok, so analyzing this further I can see that we are 90 degrees different from the platform. I'll advise this and test tonight. Ty, hope it works.

Ok, so analyzing this further I can see that we are 90 degrees different from the platform. I'll advise this and test tonight. Ty, hope it works.
    we always pointed him at the 3rd platform (different than the way we face him on 2nd platform) and never had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    we always pointed him at the 3rd platform (different than the way we face him on 2nd platform) and never had any issues
    I posted in another H-Zor'lok thread that our guild found that the green bubbles spawned based on fixed cardinal directions. There was somebody who adamantly disagreed with me there, so I asked if they had killed the boss on heroic and they stopped responding, so I still don't really have any resolve on that debate. I suggested that I *could* certainly be wrong, but that I was fairly confident that that is how they spawn.

Do you have a video link for your kill strat or anything that I could take a look at? There's always the possibility that your change in direction just happens to work out well, or that my guild's analysis of the green bubble spawns are incorrect.