10+ Year Old Account

Tanking Normal dungeons/ 5 man heroics as newly dinged inexperienced Blood

So I just powerleveled my DK to 87 and did some AoE grinding as blood, and holy crap that's overpowered. I'll probably be able to do mass pulls in Dread Wastes as soon as I get there, even without really knowing what I am doing very well. Just one question - how much would my DK get stomped if I did random normals or Heroics as Blood tank in DPS gear? For frost 2H. I am going to try and learn blood better, and I already stomp heroics on my warrior in full DPS stuff but he is 491 with the elegon tank trinket on for his "DPS tank" set and I have been playing him for quite a while, while the last time I did a lot of blood DK'ing was in WotLK before the Sanguinary self-heal on kill whatever it was talent, and Blood DPS (sort of a hybrid spec between self-healing and damage, actually tanked some with it when the tank was a moron in LFD and I was not defense capped).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmaws/advanced

I am looking to get in randoms as soon as I hit 90 through BoE gear but want to hold off on possibly making any healers mad. I started "DPS tanking" randoms on my warrior at around 463 iLvl, but victory rush makes it a total joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

You'll be fine for 90% of the pulls.

Blood strike your way to victory, young one. As long as your 2h you should be fine, just use Cd's accordingly, as their cooldowns are fairly short. Might want to glyph VB as well, find that really helps.

Good Luck!

yea just use cds when you pull a little bigger then u wanted or when you start to see alot of damage coming in to help out your healer

pretty much heroics are a joke now cuz ive been pushing it on what gear i can use in there an ive been healing and tanking in the green 408 vendor gear lol ... it actually made it super fun cuz i had to manage my mana and cds accordingly or watch my pull sizes and take note of whos the highest dps so i can see what hes on to taunt

once i actually got gear it became a joke again ... wonder why it was more fun to run in greens lollololol!

You'll be perfectly fine. Hit death strike and pull groups with Death and Decay and you're golden. I sometimes tank heroics in my dps gear, and I just pull like three packs and pewpew aoe stuff. No complaints yet, so I guess its okay :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked my first one last night, got Shado-pan Monastery. I didn't die and the healer jokingly said OOM, but ugh, stupid Disorient on the sha boss and the Panda trash with stupid DPS who wouldn't click the panda was sort of rough. I did get a 400k+ blood shield stack at one point on the first boss, fucking ridiculous.

I'd say aside from certain things it's easier than tanking heroics at the same DPS gear level on my warrior, and maybe even now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    What i did at the point where i first touched blood this expansion was just to make a nice weakauras for when i have any blood runes. That way i know when i shouldn't hit heart strike so that it cockblocks potential death strikes. Other than that it's pretty faceroll until you start to get down and dirty with the more advanced parts of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    I shouldn't hit heart strike so that it cockblocks potential death strikes.
    Lol, I believe Mark Twain once said that.