Tornadoes on Blade Lord Ta'yak

I have noticed myself having issues with the tornadoes on Blade Lord. I dodge them fine all the way up until I get to him then one will spawn on top of me as I'm about to reach him. Any advice on how I should approach him to avoid a random tornadoe snatching me up at the last second?

look for the red circle spawning infront/on the steps, it will appear before the tornadoes does.

Just watch for the red circles on the ground that show up before the tornadoes. They can be hard to see, but they're there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    You need to watch the red circles on the floor that spawn slightly in front of him, if you run through one of them, even though the tornado has not yet spawned, it will teleport you back and send you down in it. Since it only spawns 1 per line, you can just avoid it. When you get to the boss just hug the back wall and dps/heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use some movespeed increasing abilities for the last few yards (as it might get abit annoying) and get to the safe zone asap...
    Also you should move on the line where the two tornadoes meet, that means you will only have to move like 2y to the side to avoid the tornado...

Either way its doable even with basic movespeed, the red circles make it really easy to see and therefore avoid.

TIP: After you get to the boss for the first time, dps him till 11% and then start running to the other side, the tornadoes will still fly in the same direction. Ideally you want your dots to get the boss to 10% when you are almost on the other side
    Last edited by Boogar; 2012-12-20 at 02:14 AM.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
    TIP: After you get to the boss for the first time, dps him till 11% and then start running in the wind on the side all the way down to the other side, the tornadoes will still fly in the same direction. Leave one dps/tank behind and ideally you want your dots and their dps to get the boss to 10% when you are almost on the other side
    Fixed that for you.

If you happen to have a lock in your group have him set up a portal that would send the raid past that point. If not, good luck and watch red circles.

I find it helpful to wait to cross that threshold of tornados spawning until I see one coming up, timing it so I run past it as it starts moving. It takes some quick thinking and a slight hesitation sometimes, but in the long run, I find it gets me past that line most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a lock in your raid. have them set up their gateway in the wind on the sides. You can click it without actually entering the wind and can eliminate half of the run basically.

Also if you are a druid, put your symbiosis on the Lock and you can use his teleport.

Many classes have something they can use to speed through that last tornado. Blink / leap / roll / displacer beast, etc.. Any personal movement boost will help. Barring that, I'm told paladins can bubble out of it, and humans can racial out of it.

One tip that I used is when i get to the stairs, I slide by the most recent tornado and climb up the starts in that "Lane".. The tornadoes will never spawn twice in a row in the same lane. You'll have a brief window get past the spawn point. Once there RUN THROUGH THE BOSS TO THE WALL, then, worry about dps/healing.

Good luck!

My group is having trouble on this phase. We get to it no problem, but we have no moving speed help at all and our healers are having trouble running and casting. Thus most of us can't reach the end without dying. It's frustrating as hell. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    My group is having trouble on this phase. We get to it no problem, but we have no moving speed help at all and our healers are having trouble running and casting. Thus most of us can't reach the end without dying. It's frustrating as hell. haha.
    Stay at the first end you're brought to and wait for healers to heal you back up to 100%. Ideally you can get a disc priest to stack spirit shell during that time or have a druid/monk to easily heal while running. Both of these options make it pretty safe, even in heroic where it hurts a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Stay at the first end you're brought to and wait for healers to heal you back up to 100%. Ideally you can get a disc priest to stack spirit shell during that time or have a druid/monk to easily heal while running. Both of these options make it pretty safe, even in heroic where it hurts a lot.
    That's a good idea. It's very simple, yet it never crossed my mind. Why? I do not know. I'm an idiot sometimes. I will pass it along to my group when I can. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    That's a good idea. It's very simple, yet it never crossed my mind. Why? I do not know. I'm an idiot sometimes. I will pass it along to my group when I can. Thank you.
    Not sure if you have a paladin but you can pop Devotion Aura during the phase transition to soften the damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    100% correct, we tried a few times running right away with out topping people off and it only lead to mass death!
    Heal up to 100% and start running.
    This is what we did, but it all depends on your make up....
    As soon as we land, dps-druid pops tranq, I as a disc priest pop haste cooldowns with spirit shell and prayer of healing like crazy. Then people used personal defensive cool downs as needed.

BTW, what's your raid makeup?

Here's a tip that your healers can try, Run LFR Blade lord, and during the tornado phase just stay in the tornadoes the whole and practice healing, moving and dodging tornadoes. Yeah i may sound lame, but i think the practice helped me heal during that phase.
    Since it's LFR, your not going to wipe the raid if you screw up and die.