Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Internet justice at least.
    Rhinocrunch is nothing but a hardcore DayZ fanboy. He'll probably say the same things about The Dead Linger or that Deadmatter game once they gain some traction. Anyone and their mom ( At least me and my mom ) could see that WarZ was a War Inc clone. Yes, I purchased WarZ just to see what it was like. Luckily I got my refund because it was just another boring FPS game where people kill on sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Rhinocrunch is nothing but a hardcore DayZ fanboy. He'll probably say the same things about The Dead Linger or that Deadmatter game once they gain some traction. Anyone and their mom ( At least me and my mom ) could see that WarZ was a War Inc clone. Yes, I purchased WarZ just to see what it was like. Luckily I got my refund because it was just another boring FPS game where people kill on sight.
    Once again the ad-hominem falacies begin "OH HIS ARGUMENTS ARE BAD CUZ HE FANBOI"... welcome to internet, world of falacies and bad argumentation
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    The funniest thing is that even if this game ends up being good eventually (hey, it's been known to happen), this situation has damage the damaged the already poor reputation of this game and it's developer and that reputation is now beyond repair. The name of the game now sticks in the minds of gamers and is regarded with negativity and word of mouth will slaughter any chance the developer had of crawling out of the hole it has dug for itself. I was interested in this game when I first heard about it (despite the crappy alpha graphics), having never heard of Arma 2 or it's zombie mod. I am a big fan of classic zombie movies, I love survival horror games, and I love open world games. Sounded like a no-brainer. The more I heard and read about the War Z the more it started to sound like some sort of scam from a developer that had no clue.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2012-12-20 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added more ramblings

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is quite bad. I have a feeling stuff like this will not be forgotten anytime soon. This kind of damage ain't going to heal easily. I wonder what's going to happen next? Legal actions, perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, you only get once chance to make a good first impression and once that shit is on the internet? Its there forever. They've burned their bridges about as publicly as you can at this point.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh yeah, you only get once chance to make a good first impression and once that shit is on the internet? Its there forever. They've burned their bridges about as publicly as you can at this point.
    Interesting article, but I'm trying to figure out what game they are talking about. I don't think I've ever heard of "Vanguard" and don't know the backstory to this interview.

Deleted
    What happend with this game anyway ? it got pulled off steam no clue why sup ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    read multiple story links from the past few pages. Basicly Warz was promised features on the steampage that weren;t there. Its still there on steam and on its forums etc. But no linger for sale at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Internet justice at least.
    The guy said in a video that he had an email from a "credible source" that told him the guy started development in June. In *the same sentence* he says "I don't know who this guy is". He also seems to think that the ex-forum mod might actually know anything about the developers plans. At this point it looks like he's gonna be right and the game is going to fail as a poorly developed cash grab, but it's also pretty obvious that he was willing to believe any negative thing he heard about the developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last couple pages should show why pretty well.

But in a nutshell the game was released in a alpha state, developers lied about features, many features just weren't included, advertisement was copied from The Walking Dead, the game was obviously War Inc with Zombies, it has a atrocious business model, people were banned on the forums for criticising the game, the TOS were copy and pasted from LoL to the point where they had LoL links, bugs galore.

There are probably more things I have missed. Regardless the game was release and advertised in such an awful way that Steam had to pull the product because of the shear amount of controversy and refunds that were demanded.

Imho people should be getting a refund purely on principle, the actions of the developer are unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Interesting article, but I'm trying to figure out what game they are talking about. I don't think I've ever heard of "Vanguard" and don't know the backstory to this interview.
    Here: http://unsubject.wordpress.com/2012/...-games-online/

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to describe it is false advertising with a side of very bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    The guy said in a video that he had an email from a "credible source" that told him the guy started development in June. In *the same sentence* he says "I don't know who this guy is". He also seems to think that the ex-forum mod might actually know anything about the developers plans. At this point it looks like he's gonna be right and the game is going to fail as a poorly developed cash grab, but it's also pretty obvious that he was willing to believe any negative thing he heard about the developers.
    War Z is basically an reskin of their older garbage cashgrab game, War Inc. When they told the developement time for war Z, they added the development period of War Inc into the list because they basically just added zombies and a hunger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Easiest way to describe it is false advertising with a side of very bad PR.
    If that only was all they did... but no, they even outright stole stuff.

Most of their zombie art is stolen from zombie TV series, movies, games and cosplay photos and just recolored red.

Oh, and they copy-pasted the ToS of League of Legends and left their url in.

Even their forum ToS is copied from another forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Meh... This guy is sitting pretty. It won't be hard for him to beat the very low expectations set by WarZ's "developers" with a standalone DayZ

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    War Z is basically an reskin of their older garbage cashgrab game, War Inc. When they told the developement time for war Z, they added the development period of War Inc into the list because they basically just added zombies and a hunger bar.
    I think you missed my point. It's not that I'm saying RhinoCrunch was wrong. I'm just saying that he believed an email from some schmuck that he didn't know and a forum mod. Those aren't exactly the most credible sources, even if you refer to them as such. He was ready to believe just about anyone whose comments agreed with what he already thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Meh... This guy is sitting pretty. It won't be hard for him to beat the very low expectations set by WarZ's "developers" with a standalone DayZ
    I can see where there would be a lot of pressure. It's painfully obvious that a sandbox zombie apocalypse game is going to rake in cash and whoever does it best first is going to reap the rewards.

If it's not Day Z Standalone it might be The Dead Linger, or it might be yet another game down the road.

If he fails, well.....don't really have to mention what'll happen then.

The game is not horrible. It is worth $15 for my friends and I. We have had a blast.

What the developers have done and how they've handled the response to what has been done is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    The game is not horrible. It is worth $15 for my friends and I. We have had a blast.

What the developers have done and how they've handled the response to what has been done is terrible.
    so you loved to pay 15 dollar for whats simply a mod for a f2p game? The only thing what was added to the warz was zombies. artwork that was taken away from walking dead and cosplay pictures and stolen menu music.

Imo the moment they said they were making this game till now i do believe they did nothing for developement. Only having meetings about how they would spend their money they grabbed. Where Kewk answered: i am going to vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    so you loved to pay 15 dollar for whats simply a mod for a f2p game?
    What's wrong with that? If someone is enjoying what they purchased, that's fine. He's clearly aware of the shady shit the dev's have done, but does that mean he's not allowed to have fun with the game? >.>