10+ Year Old Account

This just happened...

I am a firm believer that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. While I understand that my response to the hunter's departure from the dungeon was a bit excessive, the ability of the hunters that I am paired with in dungeons is very frustrating. I played a hunter for the entirety of Cataclysm and raided on a weekly basis through T11, T12 and T13. While this is irrelevant to what I'm posting, I do know the ins and outs of the class which makes it significantly more frustrating knowing how simple it is the correct the mistakes that most hunters make in dungeons; the most common of which being pet taunts and the absence of Misdirection on larger pulls.

The healer's response to his pet holding aggro over my threat was what aggravated me the most seeing as how the mobs in that hallway split and Shadowstep to players in the group. It doesn't matter if I have threat; they're going to jump to someone and someone's going to take damage.

Contrary to what he said, I'm not a dick to everyone. Everyone gets frustrated and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who snaps every now again. Here's a crudely drawn kitten that I made in Photoshop. Happy Holidays!

Last edited by reuva; 2012-12-21 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've temporarily snipped your picture. Please repost it (you can remove the snip), once you've blacked-out the names of the people in the chat. Naming and shaming isn't allowed here (I don't think you did it intentionally).

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've temporarily snipped your picture. Please repost it (you can remove the snip), once you've blacked-out the names of the people in the chat. Naming and shaming isn't allowed here (I don't think you did it intentionally).

Thanks!
    Oooohhhh. I wasn't even thinking at the time. I just cropped and posted. I'll fix it.

Some folks are just angry gamers. Best to add them to ignore and just keep moving in the Dungeon. Responding will only get you yelled at or kicked. You are obviously a sweet young lady in a game full of angry boys. Better luck to you in the future.

Deleted
    At first I thought you were complaining about the "instance leader" till I read your post and that seems to be you. Because: "Oh boy, you come across like a douche".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Some folks are just angry gamers. Best to add them to ignore and just keep moving in the Dungeon. Responding will only get you yelled at or kicked. You are obviously a sweet young lady in a game full of angry boys. Better luck to you in the future.
    Yup. I got into a weird group just this week on my warrior tank. The moment we started pulling the paladin dps got annoyed with me that I had better dps. I remarked, offhand, that I was the tank, figuring he would get that since I would have a lot more AP from vengeance and it was all AoE pulls that it's not surprising I might pull ahead for a bit.

He took offense. He continued to take offense through the entire dungeon. He started insulting me, told me my tanking was "sloppy" (it's not), that I was elitist because I considered myself better than him (I don't), and ran ahead to pull mobs so that I would have to appear sloppy as I kept having to charge between groups and taunt over and over. Finally I had enough and left.

But there isn't any reason to get mad over it. He'll be a dick to other groups and they'll probably kick him and eventually he might quit playing. Or he won't. Either way, I never have to group with him again. I moved on, got a new group (insta-queue!), same dungeon, and had a good run.

I agree. Happens alot as I am a bear tank. Tougher than it used to be to hold aggro with all of the roars taken away in 5.0. People are going to be jerks. I just put them on ignore rather than respond to their childish behavior. Nice part about bear tanking is killing as I move. No time to vote kick me for doing my job.

You come across as a douche, why not just say goodbye or simply give him constructive criticism.

Instead you chose to be a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yup. I got into a weird group just this week on my warrior tank. The moment we started pulling the paladin dps got annoyed with me that I had better dps. I remarked, offhand, that I was the tank, figuring he would get that since I would have a lot more AP from vengeance and it was all AoE pulls that it's not surprising I might pull ahead for a bit.

He took offense. He continued to take offense through the entire dungeon. He started insulting me, told me my tanking was "sloppy" (it's not), that I was elitist because I considered myself better than him (I don't), and ran ahead to pull mobs so that I would have to appear sloppy as I kept having to charge between groups and taunt over and over. Finally I had enough and left.

But there isn't any reason to get mad over it. He'll be a dick to other groups and they'll probably kick him and eventually he might quit playing. Or he won't. Either way, I never have to group with him again. I moved on, got a new group (insta-queue!), same dungeon, and had a good run.
    Being proud of being ignorant is very common nowadays. Myself, I like more STOP being ignorant. Admitting I got something wrong and asking for details so can never repeat the same mistake is better.
    But society seems to value more being stubborn and not recording your own mistakes, as if if people don't accept they have flaws, then they actually are flawless.

I have my own history too... In LFR a trolling DK taunted the stone guardian with the white circle away from the other 2 constantly. The tanks couldn't manage to pull the 3 quilen together with that saboteur there, and OBVIOUSLY the fight failed 2 times. I warned about the troll, but the group kicked the 2 tanks out. I put the DK and the flammer that said to kick the tank on ignore, requeued, and THIS TIME the run went smoothly and we finish the first part of MSV.

I bet the DK still kept his trolling and that group disbanded sooner or later because "all tanks suck".

I have to agree with Deleth here, seems to me that you come across as the douche more. Considering you played a hunter, you could of been more helpful in your advice, instead of using the tone you did. Then calling the next guy a dipshit (i assume) was also a bit excessive, imo.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently I have been running into a lot of hunters who won't click off growl even after being told 5 times. Just ridiculous. I agree with what you said, if someone is being stupid and wont correct their mistakes even after being told. they deserve to be called out. Also, what the healer said made me laugh.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2012-12-21 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I be honest...I had to google the name.

I'm guessing ti was just someone trying to be "witty"

Also it should be noted that sometimes clicking it off doesn't do it.

My warlock pet enters "threat stance" and even if I click the autocast off...I have to remove him from Threat Stance or he will still grab agro.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Adam Lanza?

I've not much to add to this topic. I'm levelling my hunter now and, while it's hardly an issue in levelling dungeons, I too forget to turn growl off sometimes.

So instead I've given your Kitten some upgrades. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "Oh boy, you come across like a douche".
    This is all that needs to be said.

WoW players acting like WoW players. OP acts like a tool, tries to repent for it on forums. This thread is and will be White Knights and nothing of value.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Everytime I go into the LFR for Garalon the first sets of mantid trash have a tendency to randomly reset aggro and attack everyone but the tank and we always get at least one person screaming at the tank that they suck at tanking because they don't understand how the trash works.

Also as far as the pet threat for warlocks go I make it a habit to always check the threat status and turn it off and then resummon my pet right at the beginning of the dungeon to make sure his threat stance is off. It was a bit awkward when we first got the new warlock system and I felt like a huntard when I would not think about turning it off for the first time in -ever-, but all good now. Just turn it off and summon a fresh demon at the entry of the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    Recently I have been running into a lot of hunters who won't click off growl even after being told 5 times. Just ridiculous. I agree with what you said, if someone is being stupid and wont correct their mistakes even after being told. they deserve to be called out. Also, what the healer said made me laugh.
    I let the pet die. If the healer is willing, I ask them to stop healing the pet too. After having
    to rez it more than a few times, I ask again to turn growl off and it works 8/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I have my own history too... In LFR a trolling DK taunted the stone guardian with the white circle away from the other 2 constantly. The tanks couldn't manage to pull the 3 quilen together with that saboteur there, and OBVIOUSLY the fight failed 2 times. I warned about the troll, but the group kicked the 2 tanks out. I put the DK and the flammer that said to kick the tank on ignore, requeued, and THIS TIME the run went smoothly and we finish the first part of MSV.
    The chances of it being the same guy are sooo small but I went through an almost identical experience with a DK.
    I whispered the 2nd tank, told him to keep stacking on the dk through the fight and then I BoP'd and Salv'd the DK
    as often as I could. Both the 2nd tank and myself explained to the raid what was going on and the fellow was kicked
    asap when the boss was dead. Sad that he'll continue to troll but at least not in my group hehe.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock requested. Closing.