15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    I am using multimc and have a 1.4.6 instance installed with redpower to just play around with it until all the mods get updated, my other world is what you have for the 1.4.5 and I will stay with that until everything is updated.
    Yeah, just installed a MultiMC too. I'm going to do a video tutorial on it for this page. Probably after Christmas though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, just installed a MultiMC too. I'm going to do a video tutorial on it for this page. Probably after Christmas though.
    That would be great! I know very little about the mod. Pretty much have only seen a few spotlight videos on it from DW. The painted pipes, windmills, sorter. Looks like a lot of fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    That would be great! I know very little about the mod. Pretty much have only seen a few spotlight videos on it from DW. The painted pipes, windmills, sorter. Looks like a lot of fun.
    Oh, I was talking about doing a MultiMC tutorial, but yeah, I'm doing a Redpower 2 mini-series starting today. Gotta record and render/upload it so expect it kinda later.. probably 8-9 hours from now lol.

Episode 16 is also uploading now. The HD ones take a lot longer lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I was talking about doing a MultiMC tutorial, but yeah, I'm doing a Redpower 2 mini-series starting today. Gotta record and render/upload it so expect it kinda later.. probably 8-9 hours from now lol.

HAHA! I was thinking of doing a little MultiMC tutorial as well! Amd yeah, they take a bit longer. Imagine if you're doing them in 1080! They take forever to encode and upload.

Deleted
    Lol well its 16.30 for me mate and kewl I missed the nei update was painting playroom and yeah I always use multimc makes things easy tho we only need ic2 working then that is all the world gen done

15+ Year Old Account
    HAHA! I was thinking of doing a little MultiMC tutorial as well! Amd yeah, they take a bit longer. Imagine if you're doing them in 1080! They take forever to encode and upload.
    I tried 1080. It would have taken my computer to 6 hours to compile 30mins of video. Not worth it for a game like Minecraft IMO. If you want to do a MultiMC tutorial be my guest! I'll feature it in the OP if you like.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    Lol well its 16.30 for me mate and kewl I missed the nei update was painting playroom and yeah I always use multimc makes things easy tho we only need ic2 working then that is all the world gen done
    hehe you're painting the house too huh? I've been doing that off and on for 4 weeks lol. As far as worldgen, still need xycraft and thaumcraft 3 too.

Hope I can easily move my 1.4.5 world to 4.6 once everything has been updated. Had quite a few problems with the last build of Forge for 4.5 as my server wouldn't let me join as I apparently had a lower version of FML than the server despite having the same forge version for both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxy View Post
    Hope I can easily move my 1.4.5 world to 4.6 once everything has been updated. Had quite a few problems with the last build of Forge for 4.5 as my server wouldn't let me join as I apparently had a lower version of FML than the server despite having the same forge version for both.
    Supposedly you can just move it right over. Remember to use the same config files though. I've always just started a new world but this time I refuse to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timing is right for me to start a new world. My previous one was buggy. (Mostly due to me messing with things I shouldn't have. How else you gonna learn!?!) Eventually I got loads of errors and my power system for thermal expansion had to be messed up.... I had 5 engines running for 3 straight days without them using a single bucket of lava or overheating and locking up. Figured 1.4.6 would be a good time to start from scratch. And since I have a much greater knowledge of installing these mods, I can avoid destroying my world that I worked pretty hard to build.

Deleted
    I have just started a new instance in multimc don't bother me old one is still there to play with if I need all released mods are playing nice so far, as for a multimc guide video why would u need to make one its easy and your guide for normal way works , all you have to do extra is install multimc start a new instance run game once right click instance and do edit mods install mods in same. Manor as normal modding

15+ Year Old Account
    Timing is right for me to start a new world. My previous one was buggy. (Mostly due to me messing with things I shouldn't have. How else you gonna learn!?!) Eventually I got loads of errors and my power system for thermal expansion had to be messed up.... I had 5 engines running for 3 straight days without them using a single bucket of lava or overheating and locking up. Figured 1.4.6 would be a good time to start from scratch. And since I have a much greater knowledge of installing these mods, I can avoid destroying my world that I worked pretty hard to build.
    Well that's good! Starting new worlds can be fun. Until you gotta start mining lol

• Rei's Minimap Updated

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:25 PM ----------

I have just started a new instance in multimc don't bother me old one is still there to play with if I need all released mods are playing nice so far, as for a multimc guide video why would u need to make one its easy and your guide for normal way works , all you have to do extra is install multimc start a new instance run game once right click instance and do edit mods install mods in same. Manor as normal modding
    Idk, why not? Some people may find it helpful. Could just be a spotlight or something.

Deleted
    Spose and is that rie minimap I post this morning officer version.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 06:01 PM ----------

Also Cc is pre2 now and miscperipherals-2.2b1.zip is out and needs pre2

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 06:09 PM ----------

I tried 1080. It would have taken my computer to 6 hours to compile 30mins of video. Not worth it for a game like Minecraft IMO. If you want to do a MultiMC tutorial be my guest! I'll feature it in the OP if you like.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 11:51 AM ----------

hehe you're painting the house too huh? I've been doing that off and on for 4 weeks lol. As far as worldgen, still need xycraft and thaumcraft 3 too.

Yeah fun init had to strip plaster and reskim walls too lol as for xycraft and tc we already know tc can add world gen to active save and I believe he is teaching soaryne the same trick

I think something like a mod spotlight for MultiMC would be good, I hadn't heard about it until Greevir mentioned it and it might open peoples eyes to a great utility.
    Last edited by hofmannk; 2012-12-21 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    I think something like a mod spotlight for MultiMC would be good, I hadn't heard about it until Greevir mentioned it and it might open peoples eyes to a great utility.
    Working on one now. Ended up being a hassle to get started since FRAPS can't record the desktop in windows 8. Will have it done soon, but may not hit youtube till tommorrow. (being done in 1080 due to readability and it takes forever for me to get a vid uploaded)

Just subbed to your channel so I wont miss it when it comes out.

Deleted
    U do know dw20 has done one along with a few other people lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Also Cc is pre2 now and miscperipherals-2.2b1.zip is out and needs pre2
    Cool. Added to the list.

• Computercraft Updated
    • Misc Peripherals Updated

There are a bunch of other addons for CC I plan to look into once the major update push is over with. Been making an effort lately to learn some LUA.

Working on one now. Ended up being a hassle to get started since FRAPS can't record the desktop in windows 8. Will have it done soon, but may not hit youtube till tommorrow. (being done in 1080 due to readability and it takes forever for me to get a vid uploaded)
    Cool. Let me know when it's done and I'll add it to the thread.

U do know dw20 has done one along with a few other people lol
    Good for him. That doesn't mean other people can't do one either. Direwolf isn't part of this community here so having something from our members would be nice.

Deleted
    Oookkk lol I was just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    • Forge Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Forestry Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuzzie, CCC for 1.4.5 is linked to the 1.4.6 version. And I think a few other links are now borked for 1.4.5.